Notifications
Clear all

Vitamin E - Makes Acne Better or Worse? Find Out

MemberMember
(@xxavier)

Posted : 02/15/2009 3:25 pm

Ok, I've read all over the forums and the internet about people that use vitamin E to treat their Acne and Acne scars and say that it made their Acne breakouts worse, does it work? The bottom line is YES.

The only problem is...The type of Vitamin E that you choose to put on your face. Not many people know the differences between certain Vitamin E products, so I'm gonna let you know why those breakouts happen when you use certain types of vitamin E.

There are 2 types of Vitamin E

1. NATURAL Vitamin E - D-Alpha Tocopheryl ------> The Best Form Of Vitamin E

2. SYNTHETIC Vitamin E - D1-Alpha Tocopheryl---> The Worse Form Of Vitamin E

Lets talk about the BAD Vitamin E

How many of you have went to the store and bought a jar of Vitamin E capsules, busted them open and rubbed them on your face? A lot of you, right? Well I have too. When you buy Vitamin E capsules or ANYTHING with vitamin E in it, NEVER buy the kind that says Vitamin E - D1-Alpha Tocopheryl. This is the Synthetic (fake) form of Vitamin E, which means it was made in a laboratory with CHEMICALS by a person. It does not come from fruits and vegetables like its supposed to.

Putting this kind of Vitamin E on your face will cause you to break out more because of all the chemicals in it. That's why most of you are experiencing this problem. Putting this form of Vitamin E on your face is like putting motor oil on your face, and we all know that would not be a good idea.

Now lets talk about the GOOD Vitamin E

Now there's a lot of people out there that say they put Vitamin E on their faces and it has cleared their Acne and their Acne scars, those are the people that are using Vitamin E - D-Alpha Tocopheryl. This is the NATURAL form of Vitamin E. This Vitamin E comes from different fruits and vegetables and is the ONLY kind of Vitamin E you should be using to put on your face or to take internally. Whats sounds better, putting fruit juice on your face or motor oil? better yet which would you choose to eat, fruits or motor oil? Get my point?

The Bottom Line

When buying Vitamin E capsules, make sure it says D-Alpha Tocopheryl

and if you but any other products that contain Vitamin E, like vitamin E oil, gel ,creams, or lotions make sure to read the ingredients. Never get ANYTHING that has Vitamin E - D1-Alpha Tocopheryl in the ingredients.

Let me know if Vitamin E has made your Acne worse or better and take a look what kind you have been using.

MemberMember
(@v_singh)

Posted : 02/15/2009 7:30 pm

so have you been using Vit E on your scars and has it imrpoved or not ? it they have by how much roughly ? also do you have actually pitted scars (ice pick, boxcar, rolling) or just red marks ?

MemberMember
(@xxavier)

Posted : 02/15/2009 11:57 pm

so have you been using Vit E on your scars and has it imrpoved or not ? it they have by how much roughly ? also do you have actually pitted scars (ice pick, boxcar, rolling) or just red marks ?

Yes, I have been using Vitamin E on my scars for 7 days now and it has noticeably reduced them, thank god. I have the dark brown and red scars that stay for months. Using the vitamin E has taken a few away and has made some of the others a lot lighter. It has also stopped my breakouts and cleared up the ones that I already had.

I use the 200 IU Natures Finest vitamin E capsules From Walgreens. I bust open 3 capsules and rub the oil onto my whole face. I put a little more on the darker spots. The Vitamin E doesn't seem to have any affect on my blackheads though. Also, I had a big scar on my forehead from an accident a few years back, the scar was about 1 inch long and half a inch wide...It's almost gone now! I didn't notice it at first cause I was concentrating On the pimples and scars, but it's almost gone. and its only been 7 days...weird.

the 400 IU pills might work even faster. I haven't tried them yet though.

MemberMember
(@rockets)

Posted : 02/16/2009 12:12 am

does it work on indented scars?

MemberMember
(@xxavier)

Posted : 02/16/2009 12:25 am

I'm not sure cause I don't have those kind of scars. sorry. But I heard that Vitamin A works for that. Google it and do some research. I hope you find something.

MemberMember
(@rockets)

Posted : 02/16/2009 1:25 am

I'm not sure cause I don't have those kind of scars. sorry. But I heard that Vitamin A works for that. Google it and do some research. I hope you find something.

well i have brown and red spots so im sure it should help for that?

MemberMember
(@madadam)

Posted : 02/16/2009 2:46 am

Vit E was A good moisturizer but it causes me to break out, even the GOOD type you mentioned. I wonder if EMU would work?

MemberMember
(@v_singh)

Posted : 02/16/2009 2:48 am

red and brown marks are NOT scars

MemberMember
(@xxavier)

Posted : 02/16/2009 3:56 am

You're right the red marks caused by acne are NOT scars, it's known as hyperpigmentation. The reason I call it scars is because it's what most people see it as and it is one of the most common problems of Acne sufferers. Here are The real meanings

Hyperpigmentation: 1. unusual darkening of the skin 2. Excess pigment in a tissue or body part

Pigmentation: 1. coloration, esp. of the skin. 2.Deposition of pigment by cells.

Pigment: 1. acquire pigment; become colored or imbued

MemberMember
(@xxavier)

Posted : 02/16/2009 4:04 am

Vit E was A good moisturizer but it causes me to break out, even the GOOD type you mentioned. I wonder if EMU would work?

I've heard good things about EMU oil. I can't say if if works or not because I haven't used it myself. The Vitamin E seems to be doing the job for me for now.

MemberMember
(@adella)

Posted : 02/16/2009 7:48 am

Vit E oil wont help old scars but it will help a new wound.

Try INVITE VITAMIN E oils, its the best.

The oil is FANTASTIC all pure and can be taken orally as well as applied to the skin.

This brand of vitamin E never caused me to break out, but you WILL heal faster.

cheers

MemberMember
(@madadam)

Posted : 02/16/2009 9:49 am

Do they work for acne scars and wound scars too?

MemberMember
(@v_singh)

Posted : 02/16/2009 10:02 am

You're right the red marks caused by acne are NOT scars, it's known as hyperpigmentation. The reason I call it scars is because it's what most people see it as and it is one of the most common problems of Acne sufferers. Here are The real meanings

Hyperpigmentation: 1. unusual darkening of the skin 2. Excess pigment in a tissue or body part

Pigmentation: 1. coloration, esp. of the skin. 2.Deposition of pigment by cells.

red marks and Not hyperpigmentation either ... you dont get red pigment. hyperpigmentation is caused by excess melanin being produced in that area. the red marks is Erythema which is basicallly means the skin is still healing once the redness goes the healing would of stoped. this is probably why natural vit E works beucase it speeds up the healing process.

MemberMember
(@xxavier)

Posted : 02/16/2009 1:48 pm

red marks and Not hyperpigmentation either ... you dont get red pigment. hyperpigmentation is caused by excess melanin being produced in that area. the red marks is Erythema which is basicallly means the skin is still healing once the redness goes the healing would of stoped. this is probably why natural vit E works beucase it speeds up the healing process.

What I have is the mark that stays after it has already healed, the brown mark that stays there for months, which is caused by excess melanin like you said. I've had these marks for about 2 months now and they weren't going away, the Vitamin E has faded them a lot and has also made some disappear completely. The Vit. E does speed up the healing process though. It usually makes my newly popped pimples heal by the next day and stops the scarring or pigmentation from happening.

MemberMember
(@v_singh)

Posted : 02/16/2009 3:30 pm

thats cool the vit e is working for you i might try it aswell. Btw hyperpigmentaiton (brown marks) can last up to 2 years before they dissapear (thats wihtout any treatment ... vit e)

MemberMember
(@kallen04)

Posted : 06/07/2013 5:30 am

Do you pply with cotton ball or qtip??? Do you apply in morning at at night!! Hope you an answers thanks!!!