Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dely07

Would you be the same?

I'm still in high school and not many people in my year (year 10) have spots and only about 3 other people have acne. I'm really sensetive when it comes to acne, if i start to think or talk about it i get all upset and teary eyed.

So i was in maths and some people in my class near me were talking about another person in my year's acne. They were making fun of it so i stuck up for him as couldn't actually sit there are listen to them. I tried to say to them they should'nt laugh and make fun of acne because they don't know how it feels etc. They just kept laughing in my face and were just like oh they can just get a facial and it will go etc and oh well i don't have it so i don't care n saying oh well its not life threatening and isnt serious.

Etc etc and i got really mad and upset n was near tears. They were being so insensetive towards it and saying that they don't have it so they don't care and they can make fun of it. I got really mad and frustrated with them and i don;t understand why people can be so insensetive :(

Am i right in being mad and not talking to them? or am i being too sensetive? It's just people like that make me sick and frustrated :(

I guess you are sort of "right". Although you shouldn't get upset over it. Karma WILL get them :D

YOu are right...those kids were insensitive and rude. In one sense they can't know how it affects someone if they never have had it...yet they should have the decency to never tease someone over a problem such as acne. They are surely not perfect either.

Oh, and while it may not seem like other people have acne, remember that a lot of people, both girls and guys, wear makeup. Most people get acne at some point.

Well in that case I'd pummel all their faces and make them feel sad for once how their faces look. Even when I had acne no one dared say shit. When it gets to that kinda stuff I don't play around but I take it you're a girl right? I for one wouldn't be able to contain my anger when someone would point that shit out in front of everyone. As soon as someone does it, 18 seconds later their face will look just as bad or even worse than mine. But yeah you should stand up and don't let other people walk over you because they'll keep coming because they'll know you won't do shit. That's just the way the world is =/

Just laugh it off. Bullies will pick on you if them picking on you makes you cry or feel bad, thats what makes them feel good. If they don't have ANY effect on you, they will move on and pick on someone else, trust me been there done THAT!!

Meanie : U should get a facial

Me : Why do you care?

Meanie : Because your pimples are gross

Me: Why are you looking

Meanie : It's just SO noticable

Me : Ummm... Why do u care? Honestly u just wasted 10 seconds of my life, go away or-

Meanie : BYE!!

People at my school know not to mess with me, hope this helps!!

they might not have acne right NOW.... but they probably will in the future. im in my 3rd year of college and it seems like there are more people with acne now than in high school. 10th graders can be very cruel and immature... they will eventually grow up and understand that there are a lot of unfortunate circumstanes in the world that you cant control. for now, just ignore them because one of those unfortunate circumstances will eventually hit them. but good job for standing up for those with acne! that took a lot of courage. people tend to laugh in situations that make them unfomfortable. so even though they laughed in a group, im sure at least one of them felt like an idiot but was too embarassed to show it in front of their friends.

I would definitely be mad. There's nothing wrong with what you did. Actually, what you did was probably the bravest thing ever, braver than tackling a lion at a cave in Africa. lol. I know exactly how you feel when people talk about acne in hurtful ways or talk about it at all. I have the exact same problem. Those idiots had the dumbest replies ever. Of course they wouldn't care because they don't have it. I wish people like them had acne istead of us. It's fustrating because people who have clear skin don't understand what we're going through. I hate it when they say, oh it will get better or oh it's just a stage. It's not a stage, if it was it would be gone by now and no it's not going away because if it was I wouldn't be in this problem. Then there are people who go on humiliating others with acne saying stuff like, "there so stupid for having such low self-esteem over something so dumb." People like them have no idea what it feels to suffer from acne and that's why most of the time they are the ones that have clear skin. I just hate it, hate it, hate it. I wish people like them would go jump off a cliff and die. XD okay maybe not that drastic, but I wish they could experience acne and realise how much it truly hurts.

I have never got mad when people make fun of my skin, i just get sad and embarrassed. I dont know why i dont get mad . I feel if i get mad and i start to say rude stuff to them they would just make fun of my skin even more and then everyone will notice. When people say rude stuff about my skin i just say nothing so that they would stop talking about it.

I'm still in high school and not many people in my year (year 10) have spots and only about 3 other people have acne. I'm really sensetive when it comes to acne, if i start to think or talk about it i get all upset and teary eyed.

So i was in maths and some people in my class near me were talking about another person they in my year's acne. They were making fun of it so i stuck up for him as couldn't actually sit there are listen to them. I tried to say to them they should'nt laugh and make fun of acne because they don't know how it feels etc. They just kept laughing in my face and were just like oh they can just get a facial and it will go etc and oh well i don't have it so i don't care n saying oh well its not life threatening and isnt serious.

Etc etc and i got really mad and upset n was near tears. They were being so insensetive towards it and saying that they don't have it so they don't care and they can make fun of it. I got really mad and frustrated with them and i don;t understand why people can be so insensetive :(

Am i right in being mad and not talking to them? or am i being too sensetive? It's just people like that make me sick and frustrated :(

Dely07...YOUR AWESOME FOR HAVING THE COURAGE FOR SAYING SOMETHING!!! If you didnt know the person they were talking ish about even more props!! and as for just brushing it off or ignoring comment/teasing i personally find that extremely hard to do. My acne is really the only reason i have low self esteem. Fortunately i really haven't been picked on but yea acne is an extremely sensitive issue for me. And those people are the douches in HS that are "cool" then but fat losers in ten years!!! so like everyone else has said..they'll get theirs eventually!!!

Dom :)