Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hello

No cure for scars...?

Why does it seem like there is no cure for scars, I read so many negative posts about smoothbeam, microdebrassion, tca, etc... I am desperately seeking scar treatment, and I need to know the best kind of treatment. I have some rolling scars, and maybe 2 box scars and some ice pick.

There is no cure, but there are treatments that help the appearance of scars.

For rolling scars, you should research:

- needling

- subcision

For icepick scars, research:

- TCA CROSS

Props. For there to be a cure, it would have to be labeled as a disease. Scars is not a disease. Good grammar!

it seems to me all scar treatments are a lottery at best. Even so called home peels can make your condition worse. I have decided to do nothing...which is much cheaper and probably better in the long run in my case!

obviously i don't know, but if your doing nothing I'm gonna guess ur case isn't too severe.

Such negativity.

I think times are looking good personally, TCA Cross seems to be where it's at with people claiming their scars have DISSAPEARED. If that isn't some type of a cure i don't know what is smile.gif

Mind you I haven't started any treatments for my scars yet so probably am over optimistic. However, i'm 20 years old and figure that if i'm somewhat young it should help smile.gif

Be positive, you can't change the past, look to the future.

I'm just wondering what is TCA Cross? I keep seeing people talking about it and I have no clue what it is. There's a lot of things actually that people are talking about that I don't know what it is! This site is very helpful and actual testimonies from REAL people! I love it! lol biggrin.gif I'm personally getting dermabrasion done in 2 weeks so hopefully that will help me out a lot...if not than maybe these other mysterious procedures people are talking about lol =oP

xtreme, read the frequently asked questions thread at the top of the page