Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nappyjim

Nappyjims Regimen Again! w/ pics

OK ok ok ok, here we gooooooooooooo again. Some of you may remember me from my Retin a micro regimen. I was on that for 16 weeks, judging from the picture, i got some results, but not what i was hoping for.

So once again, I am going to give Dans regimen a shot since he has come out with the gel and i can now apply mostrizer without the BP balling up.

I can easily get on acctuane if i wanted to, since my mom works at a derm office, but i dont want to take a risk of getting those side effects if i dont need to.

So here we go with Dans regimen....bascially.

Morning

Wash face in shower with cetaphil like cleanser

Splash the coldest of water i can on my face after i get outta the shower

Wati 10 min, apply BP.

Wait 15 min, apply mostrizer

Night:

Wash

Apply BP

Apply vaseline

Now right now I am only doing this on half of my face to judge the effects. As i post this, i am on day 10. Around day 6, my face started to get realll dry and real raw in certain spots. Now its not as bad, but still dry.

Also, i am drinking lots of water mixed with lemon juice, limiting my soda intake to one soda a day MAX and having a banana and apple everyday.

I dont know how often i will update, but i will update whenever.

For my pics, the first pic will be the side I am using the BP on, the second will be the Non-BP side.

user posted image

user posted image

http://www.vaseline.com/vpjpure.shtml

blah blah blah, vaseline is not bad, it is non-comodegenic. My mom

works at a derm office and the derm even said vaseline is the MOST EFFECTIVE mostrizuer on the market.

The reason its not used that much is because it is so greasy and never gets completely absorbed. So if you need to wear makeup, you can use vaseline because vaseline is also used to remove makeup.

And if you dont wear make up and put on vaseline, your face is gonna glow like a rod of uranium.

Thats why im putting it on only at night.

MMMMMMkay

blah blah blah, vaseline is not bad, it is non-comodegenic.

Those who deviate from the norm will attract attention. Those who live on the edge are likely to be shunned. Those who stand out in the crowd are likely to get egg'ed. You get my point. wink.gif

vaseline bad

Actually, I read somewhere the vaseline is non-comedogenic. So although I've never tried it and don't know the benefits of it, I wouldn't be so quick to label it as being 'bad'.

Day 13

Ok first, i decided to use the BP on both sides now. My left side only seemed to be getting worse, so now im putting the BP on that side also.

Anyway, my face is still dry, but not raw anymore, which is good.

On my right side, i got group of 3 pimples that sprouted up and formed whiteheads. I gave them 2 days to get all the puss to the top and i popped them last night. Feeling them this morning, im pretty sure i got all the puss out, so they should be healing. You can see the marks in the pics.

On my left side i got like 3 pimples on my eyebrow! I cant stand those and i immedialted popped those suckers without prejudice. So my eyebrow is kinda red right now, lol.

Also I found a new shaver i like, its the Shick Extreme 3. Before i was using the Gilette Mach 3 and when i had to get thru some dense hair, it kinda felt like the mach 3 had to kinda pull the hair out and had a problem. But with the shick, it goes thru everything much easier and seems to be gentler.

Also, im not using the vaseline. I just cant stand it on my face at night. I cant get any sleep. So I am using the cetaphil mostrizer.

Also, this lemon water has really grown on me. I put in a lot more lemon juice then recommded and to me, the taste it MUCH better than just plain water. Its just a really sweet/sour, i forget which one, lemonade taste.

Still eating a banana and an apple a day.

Heres pics. Again, right side first, then left.

user posted image

user posted image

Day 15

Things seem to be going fairly well. I started puti on mostrizer just around my mouth at night after the BP because that area seems to get the dryest.

user posted image

user posted image

what the hell happened to the rest o my thread?

Day 47

Well i guess the board lost about 6 or 7 update posts i made. Oh well.

Anyway, on day 47. Right side lookin real good. Only 1 pimple.

On my left side, i got one of those pimples that are under the skin and hurt...right on my upper cheek. I popped it and thought i got it all, but i guess i pushed some under my skin cause i got a new one right next to it the next day. Popped that one too and now they are both healing.

Last night, got a small pimples right near my eye.

Also on my forhead, i got 3 pimples that just sprouted up last night. One right in the middle above my nose. One right above my right eyebrow, and one right about my left eyebrow.

I also recieved my b5 pills but i am taking them for my back because i remember last summer, my back acne had cleared up while i was on the b5...but i didnt attribute the clear up to the b5, so i stopped taking it. Now the acne has come back so im starting b5 again hopefully i will get the same results.

Day 56

No complaints here. Either side of my face is doing really well. Just got a few on my forhead now, but no biggie. And one formed about 2 inches below my ear lobe on my neck.

overall though, im very happy. and i been cheatin a little bit cause i started working out, so i can get in the shower as soon as i used to which means i put on the bp around 9pm and then dont re-apply again until around 1pm.

Day 81

I still here people! On the acne front, im doing very well. IM still getting OCCASIONAL pimples...but Im also not following the regimen as strict as i should be.

Like i will apply BP at 9pm before i go to bed, but then wont reapply until 1PM the following afternoon because i got work at 5am and then i workout after work.,

Anyway, for people who say milk def affects acne...YOUR WRONG. I am taking a protein shake everyday for my workouts and everyday i drink 20oz of milk at least. Also the milk i have in my cereal or oatmeal...and i have noticed no increeased acne. I have been taking the shakes for around 3 weeks now.

Hey nappy, that's nice to hear...congrats! Just out of curiosity...what did your mom or the derm recommend before you started all of this? (Regimen is working for me too)

Hey nappy, that's nice to hear...congrats!  Just out of curiosity...what did your mom or the derm recommend before you started all of this?  (Regimen is working for me too)

Day 92

Posted the same thing in the regimen forum, just thought i would post it here too:

WOW! Save Your Pictures People!!

So you can look back and see how far you've come. Today I was feeling kinda down cause I had a new pimple near my mouth and when i popped it, i also popped a blood vessel near it, so it looks worse.

Anyway, i was browsing my computer and found the folder where I saved all my old acne pics. Take a look at the difference. :o

user posted image

user posted image