Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

don't you guys wish there was an 'acne house/hotel' that people with skin issues could check into and like live in there for a couple months taking accutane or something and just check out when your ready kind of like rehab? haha i've been thinking about this ALL DAY LONG . i want to take accutane but i don't to go through the 'initial break out' because then i'll be miserable and lonely but i figured if im with people who are in the same boat, i'd be happy and we'd all entertain each other like one big family. but this of course is my fantasy. hahah

YES!!!

I, too, have thought about this (haha, I wish I knew you in real life). Hell, if fat people have The Biggest Loser and all sorts of diet reality show houses, they should have a reality show on TV too with people with acne!

I'm on tane too and I wouldn't mind having some tane users stay over for awhile. what the hell party at my place

i dont think i'd like to be in an acne reality tv show haha but the 'acne house' is my current dream. i really want to go on accutane like so badly but im scared to go through the break out alone ahah :/.

OMG THATS SUCH A FRIGGIN AWESOME IDEA!!! maybe when dan becomes a bagillionaire from this he can start that. lol Seriously though maybe someone can write in and suggest it. But i doubt he has the resources to pull that one off. That would be so cool to have some place to go to recover from accutane Break outs and all the other meds that make your face go insane.

Esp. for accutane!! I remember when i was on it i felt like shit!! Physically and emotionally. It really affected my back my face looked beyond horrible and I just didnt wanna function oh and the blood tests or so swell as well!! the ACNE HOUSE an awesome dream... Hey you never know maybe one of us will get hella rich and open up one I sure as hell would! ;)

and good luck with your accutane experience mnhgj!!! My best wishes to you, its not fun but you can get through it and it pays off satisfaction guranteed!

as for girlface15...i'd say if your acne is very bad where its inflamed/hurts to the touch and you have multiple deep in the face cysts.. id say do it hun. Its not easy but like i said its worth it. If you decide to my best wishes to you as well!!!

Dom

dom88: ha no mine as isnt that bad but i feel really insecure about it .

i talked with my dad today and he said that its a minor problem and blah blah blah but he agreed to let me go on it once i get 100 dollars for the dermatologist appointment so probably in a week im gonna go for it.

Man I'd seriously go.

Just like skip out for 1 year of my life :/

Get on good products and lasers and stuff...

surrounded by people who are suffering as much as you...

I can dream on -sigh-

SERIOUSLY SOMEONE WRITE INTO dAN !!! if know one wants to do it I will! I mean i'm positive he wont be able to open up one in the near future but at least he'll have our input and suggestions AND we all know he loves and appreciates that!

haha that's probably the smartest idea ever. If there's a rehab for people who suffer from drug abuse than there should be one for acne. Simple as that. I bet you, whoever decides to actually go for this plan will be a billionair because there are so many people out there that suffer from acne, but feel as if they're the only one who has it. So having a recovery place for patients with acne is a great idea.

Although I couldn't realistically do this, I would absolutely love to hide out for a few months. I've just started Accutane and my skin is worse than ever.

I'm down as long as we have a weight room and constant dim-lighting, as to make us feel more secure. My girlfriend might wonder where I am, though.

I'LL WRITE INTO HIM GUYS!!! I SWEAR. I f you could just tell me how to do it does he have an email address or leave suggestions link anywhere?????? I'll totally do it!

Ok so i just wrote Dan to tell him about the acne house idea. Just so he knows. Idk if anyone did but I just did. I wonder if he has assistants who reads his messages or if he personally reads them??? hmm...

Dom :D

Guest MarifreakinA

That is an awesome idea! :) I'm sure it would really help people to know that they're going through the same thing, I don't know about you but a lot of times when I had really bad acne I felt alone, especially when I looked at other people with nice skin. They'd freak out "OMG I have a pimple!" I only wish I had A pimple, that would be a blessing.

So i just got this a couple minutes ago.

Re: A Little Thought

Cool idea! I won't be able to make that happen, but I hope someone does. Let me know how I can help tho.

Dan

haha this is a great idea. I hate that Feeling of trying something new for your skin and the intial breakout or when the product just doesnt work at all and makes your skin so much worse.