Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mattysays

Accutane Dosage Spacing

hey, im currently taking 60 mg of accutane a day in the form of 3 20mg pills. in the beginning of my treatment my doctor told me to take one pill morning and 2 pills evening. i often forget the evening pills, im always out doing stuff. im in my second month of the course and i asked my derm if i could just take all 3 pills at once in the morning. she said it would be fine, the only reason they spread the dosage is to get a more even distribution throughout my body. soo now im taking 3 pills every morning but im wondering if this could cause some imbalance with the accutane in my body and give me worse results compared to taking the "recommended spacing". Any ideas or experience?

I'm also on 60MG taking 3x20mg per day and i take mine morning, tea time then evening. Its what i was directed to do by my derm and it works well. And its ok if u miss the odd one here and there.

I thought there must of been a reason you are given 3 to take at different times of the day but i duno what kind of difference it would make. If your derm says its ok there musnt be too much difference. So long as you take them correctly with food.