Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IcePick76

Help me create 3000 calorie anti-candida diet

Hey guys,

I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat. I am on an anti-candida diet and I'm struggling to maintain and grow my muscle mass. Lets challenge ourselves and create an approximately 3000 calorie daily diet consisting of only candida safe foods.

Let's first start with a list of safe foods and their respective nutritional information and go from there.

1. Chicken breast (130 cals, 27g protein)

2. Egg (75 cals, 6g protein)

3. Bacon strip (16 cals, .5g protein)

4. Tuna can (191 cals, 42g protein)

5. Buckwheat Groats 1 cup (155 cals, 5.6g protein)

6. Flaxseed oil 1 tbsp (130 cals, 0g protein)

7. Virgin olive oil 1 tbsp(120 cals, 0g protein)

8. Oats regular 1 cup (166 cals, 5.9g protein)

Hmm, seems that pretty much the only stuff I eat, please keep the list going if you can come up with other stuff. I didn't bother putting in other types of meat like Elk, duck etc because I do not eat those on a regular basis, try to keep to food that is readily available and inexpensive to eat daily.

Thanks!

wild & basmati rice ... need to get some more carb sources in there

Double or triple up on the oats too, apples & other low sugar fruit are fine to add is you get further in

omg lol im looking for the same thing ... ive been advised to go on thaanti candida diet but i also need to gains LOAAAADSSSSS of weight ... around 60 lbs

hey, since when can you not eat red meat and fish?? i would say go to this website http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/foodslist.php and just insert as many amounts of these foods a day until you reach a 3000 calory diet and probably change it up a bit for every day so your tastes buds dont get bored.

Also, almonds are kinda controversial...

hey, since when can you not eat red meat and fish?? i would say go to this website http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/foodslist.php and just insert as many amounts of these foods a day until you reach a 3000 calory diet and probably change it up a bit for every day so your tastes buds dont get bored.

Also, almonds are kinda controversial...

Agreed on pretty much everything.

It would be difficult to gain weight on a candida diet. It's easy enough on a keto diet, when you are at least allowed crutches like cheese and nuts/seeds (and peanut butter).

Looks like I may have to load up on regular oats and sweeten them with stevia to get most of my calories. Also why is peanut butter considered bad for candida? The one I have says it's like 2g of carbs and 1g of sugar. Is it just the moldy nature of peanuts? I used to love mixing a tablespoon of peanut butter into my oats, made them taste nice and creamy :drool

Hey guys,

I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat. I am on an anti-candida diet and I'm struggling to maintain and grow my muscle mass. Lets challenge ourselves and create an approximately 3000 calorie daily diet consisting of only candida safe foods.

Let's first start with a list of safe foods and their respective nutritional information and go from there.

Hmm, seems that pretty much the only stuff I eat, please keep the list going if you can come up with other stuff. I didn't bother putting in other types of meat like Elk, duck etc because I do not eat those on a regular basis, try to keep to food that is readily available and inexpensive to eat daily.

Thanks!

im doing the anti candida diet too....and i think it works.im seeing results...anyways

eat tons of eggs, or egg whites, tons of chicken, onions, brocoli, spinach, yeast free sourdough bread, popcorn (homemade, no oil or butter), oranges (the pulp is good for u)

Hey guys,

Thanks!

im doing the anti candida diet too....and i think it works.im seeing results...anyways

eat tons of eggs, or egg whites, tons of chicken, onions, brocoli, spinach, yeast free sourdough bread, popcorn (homemade, no oil or butter), oranges (the pulp is good for u)

If you don't mind about the money , I would eat MORE chicken breast!!!!

I eat about 3-4 Chicken breast a day.

Get extra virgin coconut oil .

This is my diet and I didn't even look at other people diets... But I've searched on each foods if they were healthy.

Meal #1 - 2 ezekiel bread ( coconut oil added ) , 1 and a half chicken breasts and water.

Then go to gym

Meal #2 - 1 scoop and a half Whey protein isolate from Jayrobb -( Almond butter raw added )

Meal #3 - 1 a half chicken breast , big salads ( Romain lettuce , red cabbage , broccoli , carrots ) with extra virgin olive oil and Avocados added. - Water

Meal #4 - 2 ezekiel bread with water ( not toasted etc since I will be at work )

Meal #5 - same as meal #3

Meal #6 - a few chicken breast that was left over from meal #5 till I get home...

then eat 2 slices of ezekiel bread with coconut oil added... and 1 and a half scoop whey protein isolate ( almond butter raw added )

I will post pics soon of my muscles. You will see that this works.

I eat very healthy and still gaining muscle.

Some people say whey protein might not be good for you. but If some whey protein are ALL natura like JAY robb . no sugars , no Msg , no chemical , Cow are grass-fed .

It's a healthy whey protein.

I think I am eating too much ezekiel bread...! But i love it.

This is my diet and I didn't even look at other people diets... But I've searched on each foods if they were healthy.

Meal #1 - 2 ezekiel bread ( coconut oil added ) , 1 and a half chicken breasts and water.

Then go to gym

Meal #2 - 1 scoop and a half Whey protein isolate from Jayrobb -( Almond butter raw added )

Meal #3 - 1 a half chicken breast , big salads ( Romain lettuce , red cabbage , broccoli , carrots ) with extra virgin olive oil and Avocados added. - Water

Meal #4 - 2 ezekiel bread with water ( not toasted etc since I will be at work )

Meal #6 - a few chicken breast that was left over from meal #5 till I get home...

then eat 2 slices of ezekiel bread with coconut oil added... and 1 and a half scoop whey protein isolate ( almond butter raw added )

Some people say whey protein might not be good for you. but If some whey protein are ALL natura like JAY robb . no sugars , no Msg , no chemical , Cow are grass-fed .

not bad eddie..but let me offer some suggestions..dont add almond butter to your post workout shake..it slows ddown the absorption of the protein which you want to reach the muscles as fast as possible to aid in recovery..best bet is to purchase some bcaa powder to add to that shake since they reach the muscles instantly, while the amino acids in protein powder can take quite some time to break down and start working..save your healthy fats for later in the day..

also move your ezekiel bread to your meals 3 and 4..you want to get some carbs in your post workout whole foods meal..and you want to consume your daily carbs before late evening..consuming carbs by say 5pm and no later..after that all your carbs come from vegetables and then you consume your healthy fats with the meals you eat vegetables in..natural carbs later in the day effects your insulin responce.

you can mix the almond butter with your shake before bed..because thats the ideal time to slow down digestion of protein because you go all night without food which puts you in a catabolic state..I would purchase some bcaa powder for post workout and before bed..

other then that your diet is very healthy..you are not eating to much bread as you said..natural carbs are essential for muscle growth..you are probably consuming 100 to 150 grams of carbs a day..about 90 from natural carb source..when I bulk I consume about 400 grams..so you are below what you should be consuming for serious muscle gains..

peace..

Then go to gym

not bad eddie..but let me offer some suggestions..dont add almond butter to your post workout shake..it slows ddown the absorption of the protein which you want to reach the muscles as fast as possible to aid in recovery..best bet is to purchase some bcaa powder to add to that shake since they reach the muscles instantly, while the amino acids in protein powder can take quite some time to break down and start working..save your healthy fats for later in the day..

also move your ezekiel bread to your meals 3 and 4..you want to get some carbs in your post workout whole foods meal..and you want to consume your daily carbs before late evening..consuming carbs by say 5pm and no later..after that all your carbs come from vegetables and then you consume your healthy fats with the meals you eat vegetables in..natural carbs later in the day effects your insulin responce.

you can mix the almond butter with your shake before bed..because thats the ideal time to slow down digestion of protein because you go all night without food which puts you in a catabolic state..I would purchase some bcaa powder for post workout and before bed..

other then that your diet is very healthy..you are not eating to much bread as you said..natural carbs are essential for muscle growth..you are probably consuming 100 to 150 grams of carbs a day..about 90 from natural carb source..when I bulk I consume about 400 grams..so you are below what you should be consuming for serious muscle gains..

peace..

Thx for that , But the whey protein taste SO good with almond butter :(

with out almond butter it taste bad lol

Can I at least add a Lil bit? lol

like 1/2 teaspoon or something... :P

My diet is expensive , but worth it.

I spend about $250 less on my diet.

But my muscle is very big lol my bro is like "wow I've never seen a skinny guy with that big muscle" I am not skinny actually.! :P but i do look skinny if I don't show my muscles.

SO i think the whey protein still works with almond butter. ;/

If is safe to eat more bread then i will eat 1 ezekiel bread on those meals u posted.

I can tell you mean well, but your information is outdated. Fat in a PWO shake is harmless. It doesn't slow down protein absorption enough to seriously affect protein synthesis. In a recent study, whole milk outperformed skim milk as a PWO drink, even when extra skim milk was added to match the calories of the whole milk.

BCAAs aren't going to be of much help to him either. Whey protein is absorbed quite quickly after ingestion

Wrong! I'm sorry, but I'm not letting that slide. Carbs after 5 p.m. aren't any more fattening than carbs before 5 p.m.

other then that your diet is very healthy..you are not eating to much bread as you said..natural carbs are essential for muscle growth..

Start using the phrase "very helpful" instead of "essential", because essential they are not.

I can tell you mean well, but your information is outdated. Fat in a PWO shake is harmless. It doesn't slow down protein absorption enough to seriously affect protein synthesis. In a recent study, whole milk outperformed skim milk as a PWO drink, even when extra skim milk was added to match the calories of the whole milk.

yeah and I could show you 100 studies stating that fat slows down the absorption rate of protein..your one study is not enough to convince me of anything..

BCAAs aren't going to be of much help to him either. Whey protein is absorbed quite quickly after ingestion

your probably the first guy I have evr heard say bcaa wont help somebody trying to build muscle..LOL.

yeah and I could show you 100 studies stating that fat slows down the absorption rate of protein.

I bet you couldn't find 3.

Anyway, I already know that fat slows down protein absorption. However, this doesn't mean that consuming fat in a PWO shake will affect PWO protein synthesis, muscle recovery, or growth. Let's say that consuming 15 grams of fat in a PWO shake increases the absorption time of whey protein by 50% (a generous number, to be sure). Do you think this would seriously affect the rate at which somebody puts on muscle?

I wish people would stop being so frickin' pedantic about weightlifting nutrition. Only the pros need to worry about trivial stuff like the fat content of a PWO shake. People (including the pros) didn't even use PWO shakes until fairly recently. If Eddie wants to use almond butter in his PWO shake, then I seriously don't think that it would be a problem. We can have study wars all we want, but I think we could at least agree on that. What do you think?

your probably the first guy I have evr heard say bcaa wont help somebody trying to build muscle..LOL.

I said "won't be of much help", actually, but thanks for putting words in my mouth.

And it's funny how you recommend them as a component of a PWO shake, when the best way to use them is pre-workout and during your workout.

Besides, whey protein contains BCAAs itself.

acually, carbs before 5pm and after are not much different..I just threw that number at him to give him an idea of when to switch from complex carbs to vegetables only..unless you work out at night..but carbs later in the evening do have an effect on fat storage and the release of growth hormone.

Growth hormone, perhaps. Fat storage, no.

Again with the pedantic-ness.

Now, I would love to see evidence that carbohydrates right before bed lead to increased fat gain. If you can find any such research and show it to me, I would be highly impressed.

]they are essential for muscle growth.."very helpfull" is the under statement of the year regarding carbs and building muscle mass..

No, they are not essential. This is inarguable--if carbohydrates were necessary for muscle growth, then the Inuits wouldn't have sufficient muscle mass to even stand up.

Silly thing to argue about. Most people gain muscle significantly quicker when they are eating carbohydrates, but again, essential they are not.

My method would be to stop worrying about insignificant bullshit , and focus on the basics, which are diet, exercise, and sleep. I've tried the whole training method where you worry about every last calorie and every last minute of sleep, and it is a simply miserable way to live. A better summation of the points I've made in this thread:

-Fat in a PWO shake will slow down protein absorption but will not affect the rate at which you gain muscle unless you are a very experienced weightlifter looking to go professional.

-A calorie is a calorie. Carbohydrates before bed aren't any more fattening than carbohydrates earlier in the day, although there are better times

-Carbohydrates can and should be employed if you are looking to put on muscle at the rate at which your body is capable of, but they are not essential, as evidenced by people on ketogenic diets and by populations who have traditionally very low carbohydrate intake.

I also add strawberries . lol

6-7 frozen strawberries. :)

Is YummY

That's the only fruit i eat

What do you mean by

Fat in a PWO shake will slow down protein absorption but will not affect the rate at which you gain muscle unless you are a very experienced weightlifter looking to go professional.

Thinking of cutting the almond butter. I remember , the more I ate the almond butter the more i will break out in my forehead. I still get 1-2 sometime.. but they big... Is just ugly'

I will just avoid almond butter to see what happen. :)

Is the fats from Avocados and extra virgin Olive oil/Coconut oil Enough?

I don't really need the almond butter RAW .?

I am thinking of drinking the whey protein with water only. NO strawberries and NO almond butter

I spend like 35$ total just buying the strawberries and almond butter raw a WEEK.

I think it's best to drink it with water only riight?

Screw the taste. lol

But if no change on my skin I will add those back :D I really love the taste.

I found it impossible to keep my calories up on a candida diet and quit. I am doing better in my workouts since. My acne also has shown the have minimal impact with my diet.

yeah and I could show you 100 studies stating that fat slows down the absorption rate of protein.

I bet you couldn't find 3.

I could find plenty...all you have to do is look.

Anyway, I already know that fat slows down protein absorption. However, this doesn't mean that consuming fat in a PWO shake will affect PWO protein synthesis, muscle recovery, or growth. Let's say that consuming 15 grams of fat in a PWO shake increases the absorption time of whey protein by 50% (a generous number, to be sure). Do you think this would seriously affect the rate at which somebody puts on muscle?

yes I do or I would not be telling him not to consume fat post workout..

I wish people would stop being so frickin' pedantic about weightlifting nutrition. Only the pros need to worry about trivial stuff like the fat content of a PWO shake. People (including the pros) didn't even use PWO shakes until fairly recently. If Eddie wants to use almond butter in his PWO shake, then I seriously don't think that it would be a problem. We can have study wars all we want, but I think we could at least agree on that. What do you think?

No, I dont agree with that..the advice I gave this guy I believe in and follow myself..My physique, my continued improvements, and my strength are a reflection of these things..

I said "won't be of much help", actually, but thanks for putting words in my mouth.

And it's funny how you recommend them as a component of a PWO shake, when the best way to use them is pre-workout and during your workout.

Besides, whey protein contains BCAAs itself.

no, whats funny is how you said bcaa wont help much and now you are telling me when the best time to take them is..I take my bcaa pre, intra, and post workout..I have taken bcaa post workout for years and had great success doing so..if he does the same so will he if he trains hard..I believe either or is acceptable..just so long as you take them

acually, carbs before 5pm and after are not much different..I just threw that number at him to give him an idea of when to switch from complex carbs to vegetables only..unless you work out at night..but carbs later in the evening do have an effect on fat storage and the release of growth hormone.

Growth hormone, perhaps. Fat storage, no.

Again with the pedantic-ness.

Now, I would love to see evidence that carbohydrates right before bed lead to increased fat gain. If you can find any such research and show it to me, I would be highly impressed.

]they are essential for muscle growth.."very helpfull" is the under statement of the year regarding carbs and building muscle mass..

No, they are not essential. This is inarguable--if carbohydrates were necessary for muscle growth, then the Inuits wouldn't have sufficient muscle mass to even stand up.

Silly thing to argue about. Most people gain muscle significantly quicker when they are eating carbohydrates, but again, essential they are not.

My method would be to stop worrying about insignificant bullshit , and focus on the basics, which are diet, exercise, and sleep. I've tried the whole training method where you worry about every last calorie and every last minute of sleep, and it is a simply miserable way to live. A better summation of the points I've made in this thread:

-Fat in a PWO shake will slow down protein absorption but will not affect the rate at which you gain muscle unless you are a very experienced weightlifter looking to go professional.

-A calorie is a calorie. Carbohydrates before bed aren't any more fattening than carbohydrates earlier in the day, although there are better times

-Carbohydrates can and should be employed if you are looking to put on muscle at the rate at which your body is capable of, but they are not essential, as evidenced by people on ketogenic diets and by populations who have traditionally very low carbohydrate intake.

if somebody wants to train without counting cals, taking supps ect..and just focus on eating, training and sleeping thats their choice..I am not here to tell anybody what they have to do..I was simply trying to help him out..help him further improve and achieve his goals..you on the other hand seem more interested in arguing..

I happen to count every calorie..weigh out and measure my food ect..and I LOVE IT! I would not have it any other way..thats just me..I work to hard to not do this at 110%..and by doing it at 110% builds drive to work that much harder in other area's of life..if that means counting cals or whatever sacrifice is required..then so be it..its a price I am gladly willing to pay to achieve what I want..

Is YummY

What do you mean by

Fat in a PWO shake will slow down protein absorption but will not affect the rate at which you gain muscle unless you are a very experienced weightlifter looking to go professional.

it means if you are not a pro body builder or looking to go pro you should not care about your diet..I disagree..I think if you have the desire to wanna make whatever sacrifices you feel help you achieve your goals then you should go for it.

Thinking of cutting the almond butter. I remember , the more I ate the almond butter the more i will break out in my forehead. I still get 1-2 sometime.. but they big... Is just ugly'

it depends how much of them you are consuming..almond butter is very healthy and its ok to consume..I just dont consume fat Post workout..I spread my fat out evenly with my later day meals when I just eat vegetables with my protein source..i consume healthy fats with meals 4,5,6 when bulking..and meals 3,4,5,6 when dieting..when dieting I consume 55g of fat,,when bulking I consume about 80-90 grams..only way to know how much fat you are consuming daily is to track your cals on a site like fitday..its free and easy if you're interested..

I am thinking of drinking the whey protein with water only. NO strawberries and NO almond butter

I spend like 35$ total just buying the strawberries and almond butter raw a WEEK.

fruit is ok with your shakes.

depends..when I am bulking I am able to drink more milk..so I mix my protein with milk more often..but when dieting I pretty much have to cut out milk.. so it all depends on your goals..

Screw the taste. lol

mix some almond butter with your protein and a couple 8oz glasses of milk before bed..thats a good time to do what you want..I dont worry about taste personaly..I worry about building muscle because thats the whole point of why I train..if your goals are "not" to build maximum muscle then diet is not as important..again, its all about your goals..

good luck man..:)

Is YummY

What do you mean by

it means if you are not a pro body builder or looking to go pro you should not care about your diet..I disagree..I think if you have the desire to wanna make whatever sacrifices you feel help you achieve your goals then you should go for it.

it depends how much of them you are consuming..almond butter is very healthy and its ok to consume..I just dont consume fat Post workout..I spread my fat out evenly with my later day meals when I just eat vegetables with my protein source..i consume healthy fats with meals 4,5,6 when bulking..and meals 3,4,5,6 when dieting..when dieting I consume 55g of fat,,when bulking I consume about 80-90 grams..only way to know how much fat you are consuming daily is to track your cals on a site like fitday..its free and easy if you're interested..

fruit is ok with your shakes.

depends..when I am bulking I am able to drink more milk..so I mix my protein with milk more often..but when dieting I pretty much have to cut out milk.. so it all depends on your goals..

Screw the taste. lol

mix some almond butter with your protein and a couple 8oz glasses of milk before bed..thats a good time to do what you want..I dont worry about taste personaly..I worry about building muscle because thats the whole point of why I train..if your goals are "not" to build maximum muscle then diet is not as important..again, its all about your goals..

good luck man..:)

Sounds good But I've decided to avoid almond butter , I keep getting big acne in my forehead

Could be the almond. I remember eating the whole jar in a day and I got like 5-6 big aCNE in my forehead. IT was just ugly. Thx goodness I had too much hair :P it cover my forehead.

But now I've got a haircut so I am screwed.

I love the taste .. But oh well. :)

It's still kinda good with out almond and strawberries. But i Gotta use 6oz instead of 12oz lol

;/

yes I do or I would not be telling him not to consume fat post workout..

Okay, so you are basically saying that fat in PWO shakes will decrease the rate at which somebody puts on muscle, in particular, Eddie, who is not yet a seasoned weightlifter and is probably not looking to become a professional in the field.

Now, back up that claim.

no, whats funny is how you said bcaa wont help much and now you are telling me when the best time to take them is..I take my bcaa pre, intra, and post workout..I have taken bcaa post workout for years and had great success doing so..if he does the same so will he if he trains hard..I believe either or is acceptable..just so long as you take them

The "won't be of much help" thing referred to taking BCAAs in conjunction with whey protein post-workout. I guess if you take them pre- and intra- workout, you know how to use them, but that's certainly not how you came off as when you only suggested them for PWO use.

I noticed you didn't reply to this. Does that mean we are in agreement that carbohydrates don't suddenly become more fattening at night time?

if somebody wants to train without counting cals, taking supps ect..

Who said anything about not counting calories or not taking supplements?! I said counting every last calorie, which I think refers to something a little bit more obsessive than just counting calories; and I have never implied that it would be a good idea to not take supplements.

and just focus on eating, training and sleeping thats their choice..I am not here to tell anybody what they have to do..I was simply trying to help him out..help him further improve and achieve his goals..

And you still haven't made a convincing case that taking almond butter out of Eddie's PWO shake and not eating carbs after 5 p.m. will help him achieve his goals. I've called you out because your advice is harmless, but also worthless. The valid things you've said in this thread is that Eddie should increase his carb intake if he wants to perform optimally; and that he should consume carbs in his PWO shake. Everything else seems to be pseudoscience fueled by a lack of desire of understanding.

I happen to count every calorie..weigh out and measure my food ect..and I LOVE IT! I would not have it any other way..thats just me..I work to hard to not do this at 110%..and by doing it at 110% builds drive to work that much harder in other area's of life..if that means counting cals or whatever sacrifice is required..then so be it..its a price I am gladly willing to pay to achieve what I want..

Measuring out food portions is one thing; I think that everybody should have some idea of how much their eating. Worrying about catabolism if you accidentally eat 200 calories less one day is quite another. I'm not labelling you into that category (yet), but I know people who do it, and you show evidence of other pedantic thinking behaviors when it comes to nutrition.