Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BigLui

Acne Vaccine!

I think that all of you who say you wouldn't get the vaccine because it was tested on animals are full of crap! If it cured your acne forever, you'd do it and you know it. You probably use stuff now that's been tested on animals and you don't even realize it. If the vaccine worked, and you refused to use it because of animal rights violations, then those animals were tested on for nothing. I, on the other hand, will not let that animal suffering and research go to waste. It will be done regardless of whether or not you use it, and to say you wouldn't use it is just depriving yourself of the cure you've been searching for. I call bullshit.

Thanks for contributing, whodis. :D

yeah no problem. Could you explain again why mice are such an important part of our ecosystem? I was so intrigued.

Loser

Thanks for contributing, whodis. :D

yeah no problem. Could you explain again why mice are such an important part of our ecosystem? I was so intrigued.

Loser

May I ask you why humans are so important for our ecosystem then?

how do mice have acne?

Researchers have recently figured out how to give mice acne. Through genetic engineering and the use of silicone tubes implanted in the skin.

if 4 little cute dogs died because for the fight to cure acne. i would make a statue and honor those dogs till the day i died. i would have great respect for the 4 little doggys that died for the cure of acne.

I think that all of you who say you wouldn't get the vaccine because it was tested on animals are full of crap! If it cured your acne forever, you'd do it and you know it. You probably use stuff now that's been tested on animals and you don't even realize it. If the vaccine worked, and you refused to use it because of animal rights violations, then those animals were tested on for nothing. I, on the other hand, will not let that animal suffering and research go to waste. It will be done regardless of whether or not you use it, and to say you wouldn't use it is just depriving yourself of the cure you've been searching for. I call bullshit.

I agree and at the same time I don't. There's plenty of alternatives available. Animal testing is not necessary. Why test animals that are not bothered with acne under normal circumstances? I'd say: be a volunteer and have these medications tested on you. I'm sure a lot of us here wouldn't mind. This really is a stupid discussion. Of course: if a medication is available all of us would use it, whether it is tested on animals or not. But that's not the real issue here. Animal testing is not necessary in most cases, but it is used because it is cheaper than the alternatives. One member even dared to ask what contribution mice make to our environment. In other words: it's OK to kill animals and let them suffer if YOU think they are not usefull for our environment. What a stupid question. In return I asked him or her what contribution humans make to our environment (except ruining it), these posts were deleted by a moderator. Why? Because we humans are so "superior"? Because we're not allowed to question the role of humans in this world? In short: I think most people don't even ask whether a medicine was tested on animals or not. If it's available and if it works: great. But I agree with Acniboi that animal testing is cruel and most of the times not necessary. If I had a choice between a working medicine that was tested on animals and one that was not I'd always go for the animal-friendly one. And so should we all, no matter if they were cute little doggies or smelly ugly rats. Life is life. And this has nothing to do with PETA shit, like another stupid member with no other contribution whatsoever suggested (you have a long way to go, Irco). The ignorance of some members really makes me mad! I comfort myself with the thought that they are probably too young to understand.

If this vaccine really works I would stand in the rain in line for it! Millions would want it.

I dont really like animal testing,but what's done is done.Someone may as well benefit from it,otherwise those animals died for NOTHING.

Seeing how that article was published in 2001...I wouldn't hold my breath for this vaccine. They have to worry about making a Swine Flu vaccine before flu season anyways. :blink:

^The p.acnes bacteria only plays a small part in acne anyway. They are brutalizing mice for nothing. Stable hormones, inflammation and hyperkeratinization are far more important.

It doesn't really matter. Nobody would know about the testing, they'd only know they want to cure acne. I think I would do it, but I do believe animals shouldn't be tested on. It is cruel. it doesn't matter if they are equal, they have feelings.

It doesn't really matter. Nobody would know about the testing, they'd only know they want to cure acne. I think I would do it, but I do believe animals shouldn't be tested on. It is cruel. it doesn't matter if they are equal, they have feelings.

I think they have a fairly close genotype to human beings is why they are used in scientific testing etc

Im not sure but I do think alot of medicines do have to go through this process of testing on animals before some blind tests can be done on humans for safety and ethical means....

imagine if we didn't have animals to test on.........you think people would volunteer for side effects on the billions of drugs out there

Im all against animal cruelty here but I don't think there's any other way around it unfortunately.

I just don't like the testing of stupid crap like makeup and shampoos etc on animals..........that basically is testing for only cosmetic reasons or non critical products, drugs

Acniboi, are you vegetarian? If you are so against testing on animals, stop eating animals. I see so many videos on youtube who dont want to test makeup on animals, but they are hard core carnivores themselves! We dont need to eat so much meat to survive. Its better for the environment since growing vegetables and grains is much less expensive than growing animals for food, also it is less cruelty. I admit I am not a vegetarian but I eat chicken or fish maybe once a month and I admit its purely for the taste, not because I am dying without it. So if you want to really care for animals, start by reducing the amount of meat you eat.