Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kinemos

BP and Blackheads?

will the BP get rid of my blackheads? I have been using it for a little over a year now,but my goddamn blackheads are still here on my nose..

what can I do to get rid of them? trying to only use BP at night for a couple of days now,but the blackheads seem unaffected by the BP..

The only thing that seems to be effective against blackheads is using salicylic acid (SA) to exfoliate the inside of the pores. This removes all the gunk from the pore and daily maintenance should keep them from forming again...

You can use SA cleansers, SA astringents, and SA moisturizers. The latter two should be more effective since they "stay on" your face longer.

Dan doesn't recommend using SA and BP at the same time though. If you think you can handle it, go ahead! smile.gif

I dont know if BP gets rid of blackheads but I will say that when I started the regimen--which was over 6 months ago--my nose and chin had lots of blackheads and now I have next to none and the only thing I've used is a cleanser, BP, and a moisturizer- as stated on this site. So it might work...it did for me. :-D