Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Loochi

About girls with acne. Curious

I was just curious about girls with acne, when you apply make up do people notice you have acne?? I mean, some of the female members who post I don't seem to see any acne in their avi's? And I don't really seem to notice anything on girls when I'm at a party. Maybe because it's not severe.. Just curious..

Depends. I use it though for scars and pigmentation problems and not for pimples, because I think that what makeup is for. At the end of the day if someone does not like me, too bad!

Edited by bollywood

Right on Bolly.

Ah I see.. But over all it makes a huge difference?

Keep in mind people I'm not gonna try to get some........ LOL. Just curious.

i think it does make a huge difference. makeup covers up a lot of the redness and can make your face look way better. but sometimes people pack it on and it looks gross and causes them to break out more.

it makes me more confident. but i think makeup does that for anyone. my friends see without makeup all the time like when we sleepover at eachothers houses. so its not like they always see me at my best but its good to have friends that i am that comfortable with.

some women have hormonal acne (like me) so my avatar is clear because when i take my meds and use my topicals i am clear and don't need makeup for it.

also hormonal acne can often come and go so probably most women use the best picture for when they aren't broken out that badly.

Finally, makeup covers minor acne really well, especially hormonal acne as it tends to be mild but persistant and in an area usually easy to cover (chin area etc.). It doesn't do much for severe stuff tho.

and my acne isnt generally hormonal. its really genetics that has fucked up my skin so badly. thanks to my dad who has the oilest and pretty much nastiest skin ever. haha.

and my acne isnt generally hormonal. its really genetics that has fucked up my skin so badly. thanks to my dad who has the oilest and pretty much nastiest skin ever. haha.

Lol my dad 'was' like this too.. Appearantly (Keeping in mind I said appearantly) he had the worst skin/scars ever but they all passed away.. Now he looks real good..

Lol my dad 'was' like this too.. Appearantly (Keeping in mind I said appearantly) he had the worst skin/scars ever but they all passed away.. Now he looks real good..

same here. my dad doesnt have acne anymore i guess it just went away? but his skin is still really oily.

Lol. I guess there's hope for us all. Just the stories sound so lame.. Don't know if mine has oily skin.... ! *Goes to check.*

Women don't need to cover up their face to me. I'm accepting. I've experienced acne. I think it would still be the same if I didn't experience this condition too. I'm not the most attractive or flawless person either. Seems like most of us feel the need to be desired, even though it won't matter in the end. Got to try to live for ourselves. Not everyone is going to approve of our appearance or personality. Sometimes I feel like we get caught up in our looks and how we are perceived by others, that we forget to satisfy the only person that matters, which is ourselves. I think we also prefer to look perfect on the outside, so we can portray an image of perfection to others.

I was just curious about girls with acne, when you apply make up do people notice you have acne?? I mean, some of the female members who post I don't seem to see any acne in their avi's? And I don't really seem to notice anything on girls when I'm at a party. Maybe because it's not severe.. Just curious..

people still notice but it makes it much more better. There is not redness but if you stand close to natural light or any kind of light you will see little dots..which sucks lol

Women don't need to cover up their face to me. I'm accepting. I've experienced acne. I think it would still be the same if I didn't experience this condition too. I'm not the most attractive or flawless person either. Seems like most of us feel the need to be desired, even though it won't matter in the end. Got to try to live for ourselves. Not everyone is going to approve of our appearance or personality. Sometimes I feel like we get caught up in our looks and how we are perceived by others, that we forget to satisfy the only person that matters, which is ourselves. I think we also prefer to look perfect on the outside, so we can portray an image of perfection to others.

marry me!!! =)

Lol yeah that's true man. I'm just like you, I don't care about the girl if she has acne or whatever.. Yes we do think too much of how others perceive us.. But sometimes to satisfy our self we need that validation from the others lol. Just my thoughts.

^Yes. The validation from others shouldn't be important. It does give us comfort to know that another person approves of our appearance. Living to seek out the approval of others is a quick way to misery. It's tough to go the other way and be content with who we are, but I think it can be done.

^Yes. The validation from others shouldn't be important. It does give us comfort to know that another person approves of our appearance. Living to seek out the approval of others is a quick way to misery. It's tough to go the other way and be content with who we are, but I think it can be done.

Oh hell yeah ofcourse.. I know what you mean man. You're the man Nike. Favourite poster.

Keep it up.

As Christina said, it doesn't do much for severe acne. For red marks and mild acne it can do wonders if you're skilled at applying it, but if there's any significant amount of raised acne or indented scars then it can just end up making them look more noticeable. This is what I experience anyway, my acne isn't actually too bad at the moment but my scarring makes it fairly impossible to wear makeup without it being obvious.

In ways I feel better going without makeup - I feel more natural (even if it's not a very nice looking 'natural') and more physically comfortable, it's less hassle and after I've left the house at least, I care less what other people think when they see me bare-faced. Having said that, if I had less scarring I'd probably be a bigger fan of makeup simply because I'd then be able to actually make my skin look better... but, I like the natural look, so who knows - maybe if my skin wasn't as bad as it is and I had no scarring to bother me, I wouldn't be so concerned about covering up the little I had.

I just want to add that despite girls having the benefit of it being seen as acceptable to use makeup, it's somewhat of a double-edged sword, too. In addition to what I said about it making things looks worse in some instances and not feeling too nice when you have to cake it on, you can end up feeling as though you're wearing such a mask that it's hard when the time comes to take it off. It's as though you have two different faces - one with the makeup and one without, and it's extremely difficult to let other people see the skin underneath when all they've ever seen is the face with makeup on. For instance, I know there are frequently posts about girls being afraid to let their boyfriends/friends/whoever see their bare face for the first time (I know "if they matter, they won't care" etc., but it's still a scary prospect). Don't get me wrong, although I'm grateful that females have the ability to utilise makeup without the same social stigma that males may receive upon doing the same, it's not nice feeling as though you have this 'secret face' buried underneath the mask. Especially when it's a case of trading the natural but broken out look for the 'broken out, but have obviously tried to cover it all up' look.

Oh hell yeah ofcourse.. I know what you mean man. You're the man Nike. Favourite poster.

Keep it up.

Well but I think girls still want to be told they're beautiful. Is that validation that isn't important? Hmm I think it's core to a woman to be known as beautiful and that kind of knowing isn't merely physical. But still there is this desire, not to impress people necessarily (even guys, though that figures in lol) but just to be a beautiful person. Maybe we were designed to love and embrace and long for beauty and just can't quite get rid of it. Yeah I wear makeup and some days it really sucks because it looks terrible over my pimples but the redness is gone and it just makes me feel more whole, more confident, ok to go out in the world and be myself even though my face is flawed. I don't know if this makes any sense...

Oh, that's okay Lostgrl!. I still have my struggles. I don't have it all figured out, and probably won't ever. Your post makes perfect sense. I can understand your point of view. The definition of beauty is subjective. There are so many men that will look over those flaws and still find you to be beautiful in your own way. I really wish I had the right words to explain but I don't. All we can do is share ideas and help each other out through a tough time. I think your post made more sense than mine.

I don't have acne anymore, but I have very terrible pigmentation when my rosacea acts up. I don't really wear much cover-up, though. Just some light concealer on my under-eye circles, between my brows, and on my chin, which are my worst areas. If I ever find some good cover-up, I'd probably apply more... I could use it. =P It would definitely bolster my confidence.

I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but also note that cameras can oftentimes make the skin look a lot smoother than it is IRL.

Keep it up.

Thanks!

Hi guys,

Im new to this site but this thread caught my eye because I recently (last week) stopped wearing makeup. It was soooo hard, and still is, but I had reached an all-time low with my skin and decided to go all out with The Regimen, andthat includes no makeup! Its hard because I am afitness instructor, and I am supposed to represent health and vitality but I just look sore and tired and unhealthy and in my opinion, ugly. I have trouble minimising my skin-washing because I am sweating like crazy throughout the day in classes, but hey thats what pays the bills. But I have found that without wearing makeup I am touching my face less often and can wash it more gently because I am not trying to wash makeup off.

One of the biggest things has been facing my boyfriend all day without makeup, we hav fairy lights in our bedroom and I look pretty under them without makeup, but in the harsh light of day I look awful! Does anyone else feel like they just dont look or feel like a woman without makeup???!! I feel so unfeminine without it, and I feel ike Im letting my boyfriend down, because he looks the same whatever, always beautiful, but without my 'mask' I dont look anything like the 'woman' he fell for, just a monster he wasnt expecting under the mask. :(t makes me feel so sad. Do other men reading find that makeup makes women look like 'women'? Or are we so much more sensitive to it? My boyfriend says Im pretty whatever but I know thats not true because all ve got to do is look at my reflection to see that this isnt the case.

Anyway, thanks for listening! :)