Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Apple Shampoo

Annoyed... but will not give up

Last week, my face was looking GREAT. Even a friend of mine said my face looked really clear.

Today, I broke out a bit under my chin line, few on my cheeks, forehead, and below the mouth.

I just started working yesterday (2/9) in a 9-5 job. What I do now is wake up at 7 am, shower, and apply all 3 of Dan's products on my face. Once I get home, I'll go to the gym, shower, and once again apply all 3 of dan's products at around 8-9 pm. I of course continued the same routine today.

I'm currently on my 8th week of the regimen and I've only been using 1 full pump of the BP for the past week and a half. I'm scared to bump it up. I don't want my face to get extremely dry and flaky (even though the moisturizer helps, a simple touch makes me peel). I can't even blow my nose at work because I don't want to look all flaky. It sucks.

I am not giving up, I am definitely going to continue because I believe this will work in the long run. I just wanted to post how it's going so far and would love any input. Should I work up to 1 1/2 pumps of BP now? Not too sure what to do. I don't want to make my skin red and irritated.

Thanks in advance guys.

Well.. It's different for everyone, but just from my experience.. I can't even get up to a full pump without getting dry & flakey, & that's using TONS of moisturizer & jojoba oil, so I know how you feel. I doubt I'll ever get up to 2 pumps. I guess the only way to know if it'll irritate your skin or not is to try it & see what happens.. Or maybe just go up to 1 1/2 at night & see how that goes?

I've only been on the regimen for about four weeks, but I'm definitely learning what my skin can & can't handle through lots of trial & error. :shrug:

well i actually just did 1 1/2 pumps for tonight. we'll see how that goes tomorrow morning. i think ill just stay with 1 pump during the day at work. don't want to overdo it.

Yeah, that's probably the best thing you could do. I tried going up to a full pump last week.. The first time my skin seemed fine, but when I did it a few more times, my skin got really dry. :(

So I'm not sure what to do next. I'll probably just stay where I'm at for a while, since it seems to be working okay.

Woah hot chick.

Anyway maybe you could add in some AHA every other day if you don't already use it as you build up the bp doseage. I found vitamin e really takes care of flakes as well.

Woah hot chick.

Anyway maybe you could add in some AHA every other day if you don't already use it as you build up the bp doseage. I found vitamin e really takes care of flakes as well.

:redface:

Does AHA really work? I've heard both good & bad things about it.. Can't decide if I should order some or not.

Woah hot chick.

Does AHA really work? I've heard both good & bad things about it.. Can't decide if I should order some or not.

AHA got rid of my flakes completely the first time i used it. it's pretty painful to start using when your face isn't used to bp though.

Woah hot chick.

;)

Yeah I started using an AHA toner just the other day and the flakeniess has stopped. Will have to wait and see what other kind of effects it has. I haven't found it to sting or anything though like other people have.

AHA got rid of my flakes completely the first time i used it. it's pretty painful to start using when your face isn't used to bp though.

I think my face should be used to it by now.. I've been using some sort of BP (whether it's Pro Activ or Dan's) on & off for the past year.. & I've been doing the regimen for a month now.. Just can't get up to 2 full pumps (not even 1, really). So I don't know. I do need something that's going to get rid of flakes! Jojoba oil helps A LOT, but it's not getting rid of them completely.

I use half a pump to a full pump. MY skin has never reacted well to two full pumps.

At least I'm not alone. :)

I doubt I'll ever get up to 2 full pumps. My skin goes crazy.

;)

Yeah I started using an AHA toner just the other day and the flakeniess has stopped. Will have to wait and see what other kind of effects it has. I haven't found it to sting or anything though like other people have.

I found a toner that has AHA in it, but it's also got salicylic acid in it, so it tends to dry my face out really bad if I use it all over.. so for now I'm just using it on my bad spots. It seems to help out some.

How do i get this AHA anyways?

You first must find the Saber of Justice in the cavern of eternity. After finding this saber you must assault waves upon waves of nefarious foes, such as the three-eyed dragon, Ethelam, the two headed dog Cerleth, and lastly the ogre mage Detstru of Death.

After you defeat these three dastardly opponents you can combine regents you gather from their corpses, which will form the skeleton key. This magical key will open the dungeon gate of hidden love. Don't turn the key too fast though because it's brittle and the lock is worn with time, so it's slightly rusted and prone to breaking keys.

Once you open the last gate, you will be tempted by the songs of sirens and the allure of their sweet island of serenity. Because of this you need to stop at subway sandwich shops and fight their cruel seduction with your favorite sub, you can purchase it for just $5.00 for a limited time only.

My personal favorite is the Meatball Marinara. A generous helping of Italian-style meatballs bathed in Subway's own tangy marinara sauce (our founder's mom's secret recipe) served hot with your choice of fresh vegetables and condiments on freshly baked bread. Mangia!

Subway eat fresh.

Or you could order it here. http://www.danielkern.com/ProductDetails.a...oductCode=AHA-6

How do i get this AHA anyways?

You first must find the Saber of Justice in the cavern of eternity. After finding this saber you must assault waves upon waves of nefarious foes, such as the three-eyed dragon, Ethelam, the two headed dog Cerleth, and lastly the ogre mage Detstru of Death.

After you defeat these three dastardly opponents you can combine regents you gather from their corpses, which will form the skeleton key. This magical key will open the dungeon gate of hidden love. Don't turn the key too fast though because it's brittle and the lock is worn with time, so it's slightly rusted and prone to breaking keys.

Once you open the last gate, you will be tempted by the songs of sirens and the allure of their sweet island of serenity. Because of this you need to stop at subway sandwich shops and fight their cruel seduction with your favorite sub, you can purchase it for just $5.00 for a limited time only.

My personal favorite is the Meatball Marinara. A generous helping of Italian-style meatballs bathed in Subway's own tangy marinara sauce (our founder's mom's secret recipe) served hot with your choice of fresh vegetables and condiments on freshly baked bread. Mangia!

Subway eat fresh.

Or you could order it here. http://www.danielkern.com/ProductDetails.a...oductCode=AHA-6

well your first option didn't work for me. so i think i'll have to go with option 2.

thanks for the help guys