Notifications
Clear all

Constant, relentless facial redness

MemberMember
(@segalo)

Posted : 02/10/2009 7:09 pm

Hello all,

I've been experiencing constant facial redness in my T-Zone for as long as i can remember, which is about 7 years. I'm currently taking prescribed "Septra Ds" which inhibits the bacteria growth or what not. It seems to be working as there aren't anymore black or white heads. The problem is, this redness has existed far prior to the Septra and i can't assess this situation because i have no idea what it is. I want to say it's Rosacea, but i am not sure. I enclosed a few photos so you can be the judge and hopefully offer some feedback. Thanks in advance.

post-9594-1234310946_thumb.jpg

post-9594-1234310959_thumb.jpg

post-9594-1234310977_thumb.jpg

post-9594-1234310946_thumb.jpg

post-9594-1234310959_thumb.jpg

post-9594-1234310977_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@adamrodriguez)

Posted : 02/12/2009 8:02 am

what have you used on that area? you seem to be using something that is making you red, i think you need some moisturizer.

MemberMember
(@segalo)

Posted : 02/12/2009 3:55 pm

I'm not currently using any moisturizer. No topicals at all.

MemberMember
(@adamrodriguez)

Posted : 02/13/2009 12:35 am

might want to go get a moisturizer or lotion (make sure its light and airy, not greasy) , one without benzoyl peroxide or any acids. It will cool down that area, hopefully.

MemberMember
(@segalo)

Posted : 02/20/2009 12:06 am

Do you have any specific recommendations of moisturizers? Maybe ones you've used in the past or currently? Is Cerave any good?

MemberMember
(@adamrodriguez)

Posted : 02/20/2009 2:45 am

I am 100% certain if you use Osmotics Triceram that area of redness would go away. its definatly rocacea (redness and irritation, acne from lack of moisture).

MemberMember
(@bchamz)

Posted : 02/21/2009 4:23 pm

Yo,

We have very similar red zones, textures. I am not worried about acne at all, just the redness. I bet you know how I feel. Been searching for the cure for years now, have found a few things that help. (I am 24 years old, male)

Aveeno- I use their sunscreen. Got it right before I started an outside job that was going to be labor intensive and out in the sun a lot. I use the lowest SPF, the facial sunscreen. MAN, that stuff seems to be what it is all about. Went to the Aveeno site today and see a new thing I want to try, the Ultra Calming cream. Read up on this stuff. All the stuff like differin, metrogel... all that stuff worked but only if leading a very careful life style out of the sun. And even then, it left me feeling a bit dry, uncomfortable... in general I just didn't like it.

Keep in touch. Your the closest I have seen to my problem so far.

-Blake-

MemberMember
(@segalo)

Posted : 01/03/2014 12:16 am

Hello,

I don't mean to revive this 4 year old post, but... Looking at these old pictures and seeing myself now, I can say the redness is the same and has persisted a bit. I now have redness and flaky skin at my nostril openings and my chin is usually crowded with a few inflammatory pustules. Could this possibly be seb. derm?

Here is my product consumption history:

In 2004, I was prescribed a round of Tetracycline.

In 2008, I was prescribed a round of doxycycline.

In 2009, I was prescribed two rounds of Bactrim and later labeled as Sulfamethazine?

Late 2009, one more round of doxycycline.

After that antibiotic conundrum, the results show on these 2009 pictures. What can I do? I would greatly appreciate input from the well informed community here.

Cheers.

MemberMember
(@somanyquestions)

Posted : 01/10/2014 1:57 pm

In the third pic not much redness is shown. Assuming we are using the same cam, yours is much better than mine. Especially on the third pic you look great. I know pics cannot always show the exact "reality" you might see in the mirror, but this problem is not bad at all. And if you are still as clear as you are there of any red marks/scarring/acne, then I'd say you're in pretty damn good shape. If you really do have some serious redness though (like mine) that the pics are somehow not showing, v-beam and IPL is recommended. Be very careful with IPL though and make sure it is started on a low setting.

MemberMember
(@dawnraine)

Posted : 01/13/2014 1:19 pm

Hello,

I have rosacea. Nobody understands what I mean when I tell them that my face JUST HURTS.

I tried the dermatologist but he was a total DUD! The stuff he recommended made my face so inflamed and WORSE!

2-3 years ago my regular family practitioner prescribed for me a topical antibiodic called Metrogel.

[Removed] I cannot live without the Metrogel! Nope cant do it!

This stuff is a GODSEND! Major flare ups are few and far between and my face is not so sore.

Redness is HUGELY reduced. The consistency of this is amazing!

It glides across skin so easily and feels like nothing is on your skin. You have lots of working

time to spread it evenly around your skin. A little goes a long way due to the working time.

It is just WONDERFUL! Please give it a try!

MemberMember
(@somanyquestions)

Posted : 01/18/2014 7:38 pm

On 1/14/2014 at 12:19 AM, dawnraine said:

Hello,

I have rosacea. Nobody understands what I mean when I tell them that my face JUST HURTS.

I tried the dermatologist but he was a total DUD! The stuff he recommended made my face so inflamed and WORSE!

2-3 years ago my regular family practitioner prescribed for me a topical antibiodic called Metrogel.

[Removed] I cannot live without the Metrogel! Nope cant do it! teehee.gif

This stuff is a GODSEND! Major flare ups are few and far between and my face is not so sore.

It glides across skin so easily and feels like nothing is on your skin. You have lots of working

time to spread it evenly around your skin. A little goes a long way due to the working time.

It is just WONDERFUL! Please give it a try! nod.gif

Just to give you a more omniscient perspective, metrogel has been reported to work in some but others have seen some negative side effects and actual worsening of their symptoms.

Always research what someone recommends. If you've never heard of it before, there's a good chance the recommendation is bullshit because if it was "the thing" that's gonna fix everyone, trust me, it'd be all anyone would be talking about.

MemberMember
(@dawnraine)

Posted : 01/19/2014 4:29 pm

On 1/19/2014 at 6:38 AM, somanyquestions said:
On 1/14/2014 at 12:19 AM, dawnraine said:

Hello,

[Removed] I cannot live without the Metrogel! Nope cant do it! teehee.gif

It is just WONDERFUL! Please give it a try! nod.gif

Just to give you a more omniscient perspective, metrogel has been reported to work in some but others have seen some negative side effects and actual worsening of their symptoms.

Always research what someone recommends. If you've never heard of it before, there's a good chance the recommendation is bullshit because if it was "the thing" that's gonna fix everyone, trust me, it'd be all anyone would be talking about.

Of course I understand. Although your response about "a good chance of being bullshit" is rather rude.

I mean half the things that work for some will not work for others...that is no cause for being aggressive towards anyone on the forums.

I had not heard of it prior either and I was more than willing to give it a go. I had tried several other treatments before finding this.

The so called prescriptions and treatments that others 'have heard about' and they turned out to be bullshit for me.

Do you have rosacea and have YOU tried it?

Just offering up my experience. Trying to offer some help.

MemberMember
(@dawnraine)

Posted : 01/20/2014 12:36 pm

Here is a before picture and an after picture...since I cant figure out how to post it right here.

MemberMember
(@somanyquestions)

Posted : 01/23/2014 11:12 pm

Dawn, your post was a quality representation of your own experience with metrogel.

This is the portion I took issue with: "It is just WONDERFUL! Please give it a try!"

You should have instead said, "Now, this is just my personal experience. It may or may not work for you. Please conduct further research on this product to confirm whether or not you should give it a shot. I just wanted to relay my own, personal experience, which does not reflect how this product may affect you or others."

I see one recommendation for a product like I see one vote. On the whole, together, they create great meaning and allow for an open, honest forum where people can relay their personal experiences with a product, outside of the "THIS WORKS! BUY OUR PRODUCT!" world that the suppliers suck people into.

On the other hand, one recommendation is like one vote. It is one opinion, out of many many many. Any good researcher knows the amount and quality of the data reviewed regarding a certain approach is what is important. No sane person would take one individual's word (who has no published, backed credentials) and simply roll with that. Problem is some people are not sane. So don't assume anything. Not only will the poster read that recommendation but so will potentially hundreds to thousands others that get to this page from a google search. It is only right to present as accurate and as honest a view as possible, especially noting that our experiences are just that - OURS. They may and probably will vary from person to person.