Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello!

I am mostly clear, I still get some hormonal acne - but I am usually good.

However, my face is covered with intenseee red marks - some are dark brown.

I find that *every* time I get even a small pimple, it leaves a dark mark that won't fade.

So every time I get a pimple, a mark is added and none are removed - so my face is getting more marked by the month! :confused:

Is this much hyperpigmentation normal? I mean, when people I know get a pimple, it disappears. Mine disappears, but leaves a dark, ugly reminder.

What could be the cause of this? Could it be vitamin deficiency?

i too have red marks but i dont know if you realise that the marks left by pimples can take up to a year or more to dissapear. if you have a face full of red marks it could take a while for them to clear. using benzol peroxide works for me as it peels the skin and makes the red marks heel faster. make sure you moisturise with it though or u will end up looking wrinkly. ive had acne for ten years and only just got clear. my red marks are improving every day

i too have red marks but i dont know if you realise that the marks left by pimples can take up to a year or more to dissapear. if you have a face full of red marks it could take a while for them to clear. using benzol peroxide works for me as it peels the skin and makes the red marks heel faster. make sure you moisturise with it though or u will end up looking wrinkly. ive had acne for ten years and only just got clear. my red marks are improving every day

BP will dry the skin and the peeling will make it appear as if it is healing the skin. But I think you should know the BP will actually slow down the healing process and your red marks will take much longer to heal. It's a mixed curse and blessing, because it does help prevent acne but it will prolong healing and red marks. Have a search on the forum and you'll find the reasons why.

Not trying to kill the buzz, but I felt the need to comment. Glad you just got clear though!

To the OP: I know how you feel, it sucks when the smallest thing leaves its mark. My only advice is do not pick or press, this has a dramatic effect on sensitive skin. Some of my worst red marks need not have been an issue, do WHATEVER you have to do to stop yourself. Keep applying whatever treatment you use, be gentle and things should get better slowly.

Me and my friends swear by sudocrem!!

We use it for everything!!

If i've picked a spot and got a red mark or got a red mark from a spot i always put sudocrem on it overnight(just leave a white blob i don't bother rubbing it in) and it fades by the morning

sudocrem is available from any chemist and is cheap

its worth a try,see if it works for you :):banana: