Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Been reading through your log, you are a few days ahead of me, so I look forward to keeping up with your progress!! Was wondering if you feel the fish oils have been helping? Did you have sore joints or just pre-cautionary? Good luck and look forward to updates! :)

to be honest, i have nooo idea if the fish oil is helping, but it can't hurt. even before i started taking the Accutane i wanted to start taking fish oil pills because my mom told me about them. so i just figured now would be a good time to start. :angel:

it was mostly for pre-cautionary reasons. i seriously HATE joint pain. i'm 20 years old, i don't want to feel 65. haha. :lol:

i did buy the ODORLESS kind though. i can't stand the smell of the regular kind so i opted for these ones. :idea:

and so far i've experienced very little/no joint pain...only thing i can complain about is my lower back. but i do sit in a computer chair a lot and i have crappy posture and i'm sure the accutane isn't helping. :eh:

DAY 11:

i wish the days would go by a little faster sometimes. :rolleyes:

well, nothing really new to report. old breakouts are healing, new ones are forming. story of my life. the brutal cluster of crap on my left side is starting to flatten out an go away. there are a few bumps on my forehead. some on my chin. and some on my hairline, but those don't really bother me because i can cover them with hair. sweet. thank god for hair. :lol:

it's going okay. no miracles, but nothing horrible. just gotta stick with it. ride out the storm.

as far as side effects go...i don't feel too dry. lips are starting to get a little funky though. definitely keeping chap sticks on hand at all times. no joint pain besides my lower back but that's minimal. but umm...my chest has been kind of hurting. like deep in my chest. i'm kind of worried about that...hopefully it goes away. :think:

trying my hardest to increase my water intake. water does good things for your body.

and just a random tip...never take accutane with soda/energy drink...bad idea...it made me feel SUPER weird and my stomach hurt like hell for the rest of the night. never again. it's probably best taken with water, or maybe even milk, but i don't drink milk so i wouldn't know how that works. :ninja:

this Cetaphil cream seems to be doing me well. i just put a bunch of it on at night or when i'm just sitting around the house and it keeps me from drying out. i hate the way it feels. i feel all greasy and gross, but hey...if it works. :cool:

post-77584-1235098285_thumb.jpg

post-77584-1235098285_thumb.jpg

DAY 12:

just a quick update since nothing has really changed. things seem to be clearing up for NOW. not going to get my hope all high yet. nothing huge left on my face. just little bumps. :ninja:

but my face feels kind of grainy. like sandpaper. not smooth at all. not really sure what to do about this. i don't like it though. :snooty:

more tomorrow.

have a good weekend. :wub:

Hey nichole!!!

well i read your log today and just wanted to say good luck with the proceess!! i know its been over a week for you but still wanted to say it! :)

and I'm an accutane vet. Not a fun experience but worth it. And i must say you are taking your initial BO very well, your strong!! when i got mine i hated my face and the world! lol i was just really depressed and didnt wanna function so major kudos for that!!! :clap:

and idk if someone has mentioned this but i recommend taking more fish oil. You said your taking three? I take 5-6 a day so you might wanna think about taking more, just a suggestion. Oh and look into zinc if your not taking that already. Thats beneficial as well. I'll be reading your log! :D

Dom

DAY 12:

just a quick update since nothing has really changed. things seem to be clearing up for NOW. not going to get my hope all high yet. nothing huge left on my face. just little bumps. :ninja:

but my face feels kind of grainy. like sandpaper. not smooth at all. not really sure what to do about this. i don't like it though. :snooty:

more tomorrow.

Hey Nichole,

Just wanted to tell ya about a little somethin I used to do when my face looked a little rough around the edges! I will use sugar and milk and warm it up a little but and very lightly scrub my face with it. Now I know that our skin is way thin and we are not suppose to exfoliate but it's natural and if you warm it up, it feels real good just lightly rubbing it around with your fingertips. Also, I haven't tried it but I hear that the baby brush is a good idea as well. People use it on their lips and their face to gently scrub off some excess skin. Hope that helps and push through lady!! ;)

Hey nichole!!!

well i read your log today and just wanted to say good luck with the proceess!! i know its been over a week for you but still wanted to say it! :)

and I'm an accutane vet. Not a fun experience but worth it. And i must say you are taking your initial BO very well, your strong!! when i got mine i hated my face and the world! lol i was just really depressed and didnt wanna function so major kudos for that!!! :clap:

and idk if someone has mentioned this but i recommend taking more fish oil. You said your taking three? I take 5-6 a day so you might wanna think about taking more, just a suggestion. Oh and look into zinc if your not taking that already. Thats beneficial as well. I'll be reading your log! :D

Dom

ahh trust me i do hate my face and the world some days, but i just try to keep it inside to hide my bitterness from people. honestly it's gotten to the point where i can almost just laugh about it and make jokes about myself, but i get depressed sometimes too. but thank you. :wub:

dang 5-6 huge fish oil pills a day? and i thought 3 was a lot. i will definitely take that into consideration. it can't hurt to try, right? and yeah i've been wondering about other supplements like zinc so i think next time i'm at the store i'll pick a bottle up.

thanks. :wub:

DAY 12:

more tomorrow.

Hey Nichole,

Just wanted to tell ya about a little somethin I used to do when my face looked a little rough around the edges! I will use sugar and milk and warm it up a little but and very lightly scrub my face with it. Now I know that our skin is way thin and we are not suppose to exfoliate but it's natural and if you warm it up, it feels real good just lightly rubbing it around with your fingertips. Also, I haven't tried it but I hear that the baby brush is a good idea as well. People use it on their lips and their face to gently scrub off some excess skin. Hope that helps and push through lady!! ;)

thank you very much. i will definitely check both of those methods out. i'm totally open to new suggestions. i've always wondered if the baby brush thing worked. guess i will just have to see, right?

:wub:

DAY 13:

13 pills down. 13 is also my favorite number so that's something to celebrate, right? haha. :eh:

well, with almost 2 weeks down, i can honestly say it hasn't been that bad. i *THINK* i may have had an 'IB', but it was only slightly worse than my normal breakouts so i'm not 100% sure. who knows, the IB could still be looming. i hope not, but 'whatever' if it is. :rolleyes:

most of my new spots have been along my jawline/hairline, a few on my chin, couple on the forehead, and a cluster on my left cheek. ew! :lol:

it's weird...like...i can feel things forming under the skin so i will get bummed, but when i wake up in the morning there isn't anything there at all. like, there was a spot forming between my eyebrows (ugh, those are the worst), but it went away. a few spots were forming on my left temple, but those died down. and a spot was forming above my lip under my nose, but it went away.

that's a relief. :cool:

dry skin hasn't really been an issue for me, as weird as that sounds. but i am really good with moisturizing and taking care of myself so maybe that's why.

the lips are getting slightly worse. trying my hardest not to peel them, but i get bored sometimes. :ninja:

lower back pain is starting to suck, but like i said before, it's partly my fault because i sit in the most awkward positions ever. i should work on that. :idea:

2 week mark tomorrow. will post then.

byeeee. :wub:

DAY 14:

sooo i'm back...as promised...for my 2 week update... ;)

it's been a bittersweet 2 weeks. :|

well, the current state of my face sucks. slightly worse than before going on Accutane. the blackheads on my nose look particularly disgusting lately. i really hope those go away. i never noticed how gross looking they were until recently. :sick:

my forehead seems to be a small battlefield...thank god it's winter...HAT weather. haha. it's weird because i don't normally have a lot of activity on my forehead. they are small white bumps that i want to scratch off sooo badly, but i seriously don't need any more red marks. so they're just chillin... :doh:

that weird cluster of stuff on my left cheek is still there...hanging out...not going away...ughhh. have to resist so hard not to do something about it. but i don't want huge holes in my face or bloody marks so i just gotta ride it out. :doubt:

ahh...i'm growing impatient...not with the Accutane...but with acne as a whole...I'M SO OVER IT! i seriously don't think people realize how frustrating this can be to deal with...some of the people in my life are questioning me as to 'why i can't drink' and blah blah...and i try to explain, but some people just don't understand. plus, i know how i am, i can't just stop at 1 beer or 1 drink. i'll want more. and so it's better to just avoid the whole situation. :clap:

i've been feeding my body medications for years now, it can't be good to add more stress on it...

whatever though. i hope it will be worth it in the end. :idea:

more tomorrow. :wub:

DAY 15:

just a quick update today.

um i think it's safe to say that my face is looking worse than before i began Accutane. i honestly can't tell anymore. :wall:

my left side is taking a brutal beating. especially my cheek area. poor cheek. :(

i decided to skip out on moisturizing last night just to see how dry my face really is...it's pretty dry without moisturizer, but not horrible.

lips are getting worse. ew! i hateee it. :rolleyes:

it *MIGHT* just be my imagination, but i think i'm losing more hair than normal which scares me because my hair is kind of on the thin side.

on a side note...i got this really huge spot on the side of my face...like...it was really big...and nasty...and it looked FAKE. like, you know how on TV shows and movies when they put a fake pimple on somebody's face as a joke? well that's what it looked like. WTF?! i NEVER get those types of spots. thank god i have long hair so i can just cover it with hair until it goes away.

from the words of kelly clarkson on that *fake* ProActive commercial: 'i had a SMALL PLANET growing on my face'

haha.

byeee. :wub:

DAY 16:

i feel like i'm talking to myself now, but it's all good. :(

ANYWAYS! update...

well, i'm still going through the explosion phase. the 'IB'. i hope it all comes at once then goes away for good. the face is looking mighty horrible at the moment. this cluster of bumps refuses to go away! grr. new group of spots popped up on my chin. AWESOME. ugh. all on my left side. and i know it's caused by the Accutane because i don't sleep on my left side, or hold the phone up to my left ear, or anything else that would cause this kind of breakout. :doh:

the right side of my face is definitely doing better with the exception of some nasty spots on my forehead.

was feeling kind of self conscious today at school so i just threw on a beanie/hat thingy and big sunglasses and called it a day. :cool:

things are definitely getting worse before they get better. :wall:

SIGH.

but as for side effects...i've been fine lately...chest stopped hurting. very little lower back pain. lips are kinda dry. skin on my face is dry without moisturizer. other parts of my body aren't dry yet...which is good...i hate the feeling of lotion all over my body. no weird rashes or anything yet. no headaches. pretty smooth sailing except the explosion on my face. :surprised:

i think i did get one of those 'flushing' things last night though...i was driving in the car and my face got really hot and weird feeling...it was at night so i couldn't tell if i was red or not.

weird!

have a nice day/night. :wub:

Thanks for the log Nichole! I'm on day 8 and it's good to hear how you are doing since you are a week ahead of me. I'm just waiting for the horridness of the IB :redface: Right now some dryness is the main thing I'm experiencing. Also, did you say you had chest pain? When did you notice it and has it subsided now? I've been having a tight, compressed feeling in my chest the past few days and am hoping it doesn't stay too long :think:

Keep it up, it's encouraging to read!

Thanks for the log Nichole! I'm on day 8 and it's good to hear how you are doing since you are a week ahead of me. I'm just waiting for the horridness of the IB :redface: Right now some dryness is the main thing I'm experiencing. Also, did you say you had chest pain? When did you notice it and has it subsided now? I've been having a tight, compressed feeling in my chest the past few days and am hoping it doesn't stay too long :think:

Keep it up, it's encouraging to read!

thanks for the comment. :wub:

but yeah around days 10-12 i was experiencing some weird deep chest pains. it felt like somebody punched my in the chest really hard. when i took deep breaths it kind of hurt. and i was having lower back pain so i laid down and tried to rest, but it hurt to lay on my back and breath deep. i was concerned, but it went away and hasn't come back since.

so just keep an eye out and make sure it goes away.

You're not talking to the wall, promise. I just don't want to ask the same questions over and over, so I try to keep my posts fresh. The initial breakout is what sucks the most. At least the right side of your face is doing better, right? Writing and keeping a log is very helpful. Glad that you chose to keep up with this. It will make for good reading material once your face clears up in the future. Will you be posting pictures of yourself? If you decide not to, think about taking them for your own benefit. Before and after. Take care.

You're not talking to the wall, promise. I just don't want to ask the same questions over and over, so I try to keep my posts fresh. The initial breakout is what sucks the most. At least the right side of your face is doing better, right? Writing and keeping a log is very helpful. Glad that you chose to keep up with this. It will make for good reading material once your face clears up in the future. Will you be posting pictures of yourself? If you decide not to, think about taking them for your own benefit. Before and after. Take care.

thanks for commenting. :wub:

you're always so nice.

yeah. i'm noticing that the log is helpful for me. i'm always online anyways so i figured WHY NOT?!

other peoples logs were what inspired me to begin accutane in the first place. if it weren't for this site, i don't think i would have tried the accutane.

but as far as pictures. ahh...i took some at the 2 week mark...but they're sooo horrible! i'm like embarrassed. i know i shouldn't be, but still. my face is like so broken out and red and horrible looking, but i will definitely consider it.

DAY 17:

sooo...those pictures i posted make my face look better than it really is. but i just wanted to give people a general idea of what i was talking about.

ANYWAYS. update...well...um...i don't know anymore! honestly. some of the spots are going away, but new ones are forming. it's like a vicious circle. i think this is the 'IB' phase. :ninja:

the accutane has been making me super tired. naps are my new best friend. i usually don't nap during the day, but lately i have been. i don't mind though. naps are nice. :surprised:

seems like my appetite has been decreased lately. i have to like force myself to take the pill with a full meal.

other than that i feel alright. lips are kinda dry, but manageable. skin is slightly tight without moisturizer, but i always wear moisturizer so i don't feel much of that. no flakes or anything like that. :clap:

ugh it sucks that you can't get waxed while on accutane. i need my eyebrows done, but i don't want half of my face ripped off. guess i'll just have to keep plucking. :whistle:

that's all i got for today. :wub:

DAY 17:

sooo...those pictures i posted make my face look better than it really is. but i just wanted to give people a general idea of what i was talking about.

ANYWAYS. update...well...um...i don't know anymore! honestly. some of the spots are going away, but new ones are forming. it's like a vicious circle. i think this is the 'IB' phase. :ninja:

the accutane has been making me super tired. naps are my new best friend. i usually don't nap during the day, but lately i have been. i don't mind though. naps are nice. :surprised:

seems like my appetite has been decreased lately. i have to like force myself to take the pill with a full meal.

other than that i feel alright. lips are kinda dry, but manageable. skin is slightly tight without moisturizer, but i always wear moisturizer so i don't feel much of that. no flakes or anything like that. :clap:

ugh it sucks that you can't get waxed while on accutane. i need my eyebrows done, but i don't want half of my face ripped off. guess i'll just have to keep plucking. :whistle:

that's all i got for today. :wub:

I break the rules. I get waxed - even though its a little sore after - and I drink alcohol - not a lot but enough. I can't destroy my whole life because of this drug.

DAY 18:

ahh so the war rages on...

had one of those 'flushing' moments again last night. around 9 PM. the same time as a few nights ago. and i take my pill around 2 PM...weird huh? i guess 9 PM is the time my face feels the need to get hot and red.

i'm really pale though, so i don't mind a little color, but i just don't want to look like a tomato.

hair feels a little more dry lately. i'm just going to wash it less often, use less shampoo, more conditioner, and let it dry overnight instead of blow drying it. but i still have to use a flat iron to make it straight. that's a must do thing. i refuse to have poofy hair!

i'm officially NOT liking this Cetaphil daily moisturizer. when i put it on, it makes my face glisten? it's really weird. and then it kind of stings. and smells funky. and tastes horrible if it gets near your lips. i think that may be the sunscreen, but still. sooo yeah, i don't think i'll be using that stuff anymore.

ughhh i need to find a good everyday moisturizer that isn't greasy and works well with makeup. SUGGESTIONS?!!

the Cetaphil cream has been good to me though. just slather it allll over my face at night and go to sleep then when i wake up, no dryness. it comes in a tub or tube. i have the tub.

lips are okay. the peeling is kind of bugging me, but they seem to have more color than before so yay for that?

MENTAL SIDE EFFECTS? i'm not having any of those. i feel fine. a little bummed here and there at my face looking like a disaster zone, but just keeping faith that it will improve. i've been having a little trouble concentrating in some of my classes, but i honestly can't blame that on the accutane, my classes this semester are just extremely boring.

okay i've wrote enough for today.

Don't hit me, but I really thought it was going to be much worse. Props for the pictures. Quick side note: you're pretty dedicated to this Accutane log. I felt like I just read the Day 15 entry like an hour ago. I'm having trouble keeping up, but that is my problem and I will have to adjust. Good job.

So how do you normally keep your hair? Is it straight or curly? Short or long? Oh, and cetaphil moisturizer is out of your plan now. I still use a neutrogena moisturizer and sunscreen from two years ago. Don't have many problems with neutrogena. I don't know about suggestions, but maybe Aveeno? Maybe some other members can come in here and give you some better ideas. Keep on updating.

Don't hit me, but I really thought it was going to be much worse. Props for the pictures. Quick side note: you're pretty dedicated to this Accutane log. I felt like I just read the Day 15 entry like an hour ago. I'm having trouble keeping up, but that is my problem and I will have to adjust. Good job.

So how do you normally keep your hair? Is it straight or curly? Short or long? Oh, and cetaphil moisturizer is out of your plan now. I still use a neutrogena moisturizer and sunscreen from two years ago. Don't have many problems with neutrogena. I don't know about suggestions, but maybe Aveeno? Maybe some other members can come in here and give you some better ideas. Keep on updating.

it's okay, i understand why you'd think it was going to be much worse. but seriously that was taken off a crappy cell phone camera so you can't see the full effect!

yeah, i like dedication. i hope it's not annoying, the whole daily update thing. i just have some free time on my hands so i figured i'd give it a shot.

i have a feeling my updates are going to start to get shorter though. seeing as how nothing drastic is happening. plus, i don't want to keep repeating the same information on a daily basis. that's super redundant.

i usually wear my hair down. it's straight. and kinda long. if i don't straighten it, it can be kind of wavy and fluffy, that whole natural look.

haha lately i've been wearing my bangs to the side though to cover parts of my forehead. haha i always try to cover my breakouts.

yeah. i'm going to go to the store tomorrow and be in the moisturizer isle for a good 20 minutes looking like a weirdo testing every kind. haha. money is tight though. gotta make sure a product is legit before you buy it!

No. I don't think the daily updates are annoying. It's your log, and it should be filled with all kinds of notes and details. Hopefully in 2-3 months, you can start to see a big improvement. Take care.

No. I don't think the daily updates are annoying. It's your log, and it should be filled with all kinds of notes and details. Hopefully in 2-3 months, you can start to see a big improvement. Take care.

thank you for the reassurance.

take care also. :wub:

DAYS 19 & 20:

oops. i forgot to update yesterday. my bad.

well, the dry lips side effect is really starting to hit me. they feel like the Sahara desert and it sucks, but i'll live. i can see why people on accutane love Aquaphor. at first i didn't really like it, but it's grown on me and it's a MUST HAVE for anybody on accutane.

the skin right next to my nose is really dry also. kind of flaking. a little sore. hmm...

overall, my skin doesn't feel too too dry.

i've still been breaking out, which is what i expected. my forehead, cheeks, and chin seem to be the worst areas. starting to get smaller white bumps now, but also some pretty big ones.

definitely the 'IB' phase. i don't think i've had this many spots on my face ever.

but honestly, i'm dealing with it pretty well. it's not the end of the world and at least i'm doing something to try and stop it, so i'm proud of myself for trying. just trying to keep faith.

other side effects? none really. no joint pain. random moments of lower back pain. no weird rashes yet. no weird moods or depression. i've been more tired lately though. no bloody nose yet (i've NEVER had a bloody nose in my life, they look pretty gross, i hope this doesn't happen to me, but there's a first time for everything, right?)

BUT...lately...i feel like my memory is kind of weird. i can't pin point this to the accutane because i take other medications that may affect memory, but it started happening a few weeks ago. like, i'll have random 'brain farts'. haha. like last night i got totally lost on my way over to somebody's house even though i've been there a handful of times. and today at starbucks, i couldn't remember the name of a drink i always get. i must have sounded really stupid.

AHH...it's weird and kind of scary at the same time, but i'll make it though.

have a good rest of the weekend.