Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thebignosebandit

You Are Stupid If You Pop!!!!

DO NOT EVER POP A PIMPLE.

I realized that for every pimple you pop, i'd say there is a 50/50 chance that there will be a scar. scars are PERMANENT. scars are FOR LIFE. scars are there when you get married. scars are there when you are in your 40's. scars will still be there when you are a grandpa......

chemical peels, TCA can only do so much, they can maybe smoothen out scars to about 30%, but you cannot fully 100% smoothen out a scar.

if you get a zit, leave it there, and let it die naturally. i cannot stress this enough......

DO NOT EVER POP A PIMPLE.  

I realized that for every pimple you pop, i'd say there is a 50/50 chance that there will be a scar. scars are PERMANENT. scars are FOR LIFE. scars are there when you get married. scars are there when you are in your 40's. scars will still be there when you are a grandpa......

chemical peels, TCA can only do so much, they can maybe smoothen out scars to about 30%, but you cannot fully 100% smoothen out a scar.

if you get a zit, leave it there, and let it die naturally. i cannot stress this enough......

ive popped many pimples in my life and i dont think any of them have ever scarred...

the reason why one shouldnt pop is that it can leave a longer lasting red mark. however, if a pimple is ready to burst (pus coming to a head), it's better if it's popped. and when you do pop, do it gently! when all the pus is eased out, the pimple heals much faster.

i'm starting to discover that overtreating a pimple is also a no no... as in applying too much BP, and getting it on areas surrounding the pimple. this causes redness and after the pimple has died (gotten flat), there is sitll redness/irritation to deal with.

shitty deal! sad.gif

i'm starting to discover that overtreating a pimple is also a no no... as in applying too much BP, and getting it on areas surrounding the pimple. this causes redness and after the pimple has died (gotten flat), there is sitll redness/irritation to deal with.

SCARS ARE NOT PERMANENT PEOPLE! A simple shallow scar can easily be smoothened out with a simple chemical peel. My cousin had shallow scarring on her face and then she had a chemical peel done, and her face is flawless now!

I pop my zits all the time, sometimes it leaves a red mark....sometimes not

but i never get any "indents" or pitted scars or wahtever

SCARS ARE NOT PERMANENT PEOPLE! A simple shallow scar can easily be smoothened out with a simple chemical peel. My cousin had shallow scarring on her face and then she had a chemical peel done, and her face is flawless now!

If your just getting dark marks they'll fade in time. Shallow scars go away with peels, or in my case Retin-A (Yay). But yeah, many people can't help but pop them. Think about it, how many times have we said "I'm not going to touch it" but then pop it an hour before going to meet up with some friends. The way I look at it, acne scars CAN BE TREATED. Worst case scenario you have to get surgery for it (lol, I saw it on Extreme Makeover). But if you'd rather avoid the hassle, and cost, than try not to touch your face... at all if possible.

Then call me stupid. I pop the suckers if they are going to pop while I'm out socializing. Better I pop it than have it pop on my boyfriend.

I've popped nearly every pimple I've had and they've all disappeared in a week. I think some people have a grater proclivity to scarring. It's all in the genes.