Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blake_2010

Blake's Exciting, Dangerous, Potentially Life Changing Acctuane Adventure!

Day 1

I just took my first pill a few minutes ago! I'm pretty excited to finally get cleared up. I don't have a lot of acne anymore, just red marks with a couple actives at a time, and facial redness. My derm said accutane should get me all cleared up. I'm starting at 40 mg daily. I'll probably update this every couple days. I haven't gotten everything yet, but I will be getting Cetaphil Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15 to wear every day, and applying CeraVe Moisturizing Cream at night. Bye acne!!

Day 1

I just took my first pill a few minutes ago! I'm pretty excited to finally get cleared up. I don't have a lot of acne anymore, just red marks with a couple actives at a time, and facial redness. My derm said accutane should get me all cleared up. I'm starting at 40 mg daily. I'll probably update this every couple days. I haven't gotten everything yet, but I will be getting Cetaphil Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15 to wear every day, and applying CeraVe Moisturizing Cream at night. Bye acne!!

You chose exactly the right products too.

Best of luck soldier.

Thanks for the encouragement guys!

Tommy,

Yeah totally jacked those product ideas from your log haha.

Nichole,

I think that makes us automatically best friends. Agreed? K thanks. :D

Day 2

So far so good. I'll be spending lots of time in the sun with baseball and stuff so I'm hoping I put the sun screen on often enough. That's my main concern. So far no real side effects.. I do experience some slight tightness in my face though. Maybe a potential first sign of dryness? We shall see.

Day 3

I definitely can tell that my face is starting to become dry. No sign of dry lips yet which is surprising to me to say the least. I have had a few small little zits spring up above lip and jawline, but nothing major. I've read that the more control your acne is before accutane, the less severe the IB. Hopefully that's true cause the only trouble I've had is around my mouth and jawline.. everywhere else is pretty good. Got my moisturizers too! I'm hoping the days start to move quicker. And that I don't start getting sore joints with baseball practice every day. This is my year to be a stud and I don't want accutane to hurt that! ;) hahahha

This is my year to be a stud and I don't want accutane to hurt that! ;) hahahha

haha cute! If anything, accutane will transform you into a stud. Good luck with your course and be prepared for the side effects!

Day 4

Haven't taken my pill yet, I'm just chiming in before I get a much needed hair cut. So I definitely think the IB is settling in, but it's not too bad. I got two ones over night. One is one of those annoying suckers that's like wedged in between my nose and face. The other is on my chin, kinda under the skin so I'm hoping it doesn't come up and form to a head. I put some tiny little dabs of BP on them today to keep that from happening. Still no signs of dry lips, so I'm staying hopeful. What else... Oh I think Accutane is already slowing my oil production. I usually go to the bathroom after 5th hour and blot my face with one of those awesome paper towels and today i could tell there was less. Hope that keeps up! Other than that... I can't really think of too much at the moment! Just trying to take it a day at a time and stay positive!! Later gators.

Day 13

Sorry for the long post drought. I'll try to prevent that as much as possible. Pretty sure I've been through my IB. I've gotten a lot of small cysts around my mouth and chin, plus a big one right on my forehead above my nose. Blasted suckers. They are all shriveling up and passing on though.. and they've stopped coming so strongly. Hopefully I don't jinx myself haha. In other news, my face has been pretty dry during the day too... lots of dead skin build up. When I wake up in the morning its pretty smooth, but throughout the day.. dead skin builds up. I just know its the nasty skin shedding away so I'm alright with that. Lips have gotten a lot more chapped, but nothing too extreme. I'm not sure how my skin looks... but I'm hoping it's a bit better. My whole thing is.. if I don't look in the mirror, I don't worry about my skin.. so I'm more confident.. and overall happier. So I haven't looked in a good.. 2 months or so. And won't look till the end of my treatment! haha.

In other areas of life... baseball is going well.. and I'm excited for the season to start up. Me and my ex/best friend (i know its unusual) just got back together wednesday and we're both very excited about it. God totally was trying to teach us to never give up... and through 4 months of waiting and sadness... we got our reward. I'm very excited for what he has in store!!!

i was wondering what happened to you!

glad you came back. :wub:

yup, we are on the same day and experiencing the SAME exact side effects. i felt like i was reading my own post when i was reading yours. weirddd.

yeah i think i had my 'IB' too. it wasn't toooo bad though.

glad to hear about you and your ex getting back together. hope it works out. :wub:

haha wow that is a bit strange!! We're probably just the same person living in different times... but we don't realize its a different time. Yeah... thats it. :dance:

Day 15

Two weeks already? That was pretty quick! I think my skin is still pretty much the same. The IB is taking a little bit longer to heal then expected.. those stupid little cysts deep in your chin stick around forever, but are slowly getting smaller. Skin seems a bit drier as well, but that's probably because I've putting a dab of this topical on the spots to keep them down and that can't be helping. Oh well. I'd much rather be dry than insanely oily like I once was. Oil production keeps coming down in big amounts which is nice to see. I also got a nice nosebleed just before typing up this post. Lips have been a lot drier/cracked the past couple days, due to my lack of moisturizing them. Can't wait for the end results!

Day 17

Quick post this morning, as I'm finally going to take my driver's test. Woot woot! Skin is doing pretty good. Those annoying chin mini cysts from the IB are finally drying up and shrinking. Got a small little thing forming under my skin right above my lip though.. I'm dabbing it with some BP to keep it down. Skin is still pretty dry... probably need to moisturize more so I'll get on that. Last night, my dad was like.. "Wow your face is already looking better" so that was good to hear :D Hope everyone is having a great week.

Day 21

I think this is day 21 atleast. almost finished with the first month! woot! Skin is not as dry now... I've been moisturzing a little more. I had a small rash kinda breakout on my hands last night but now seems to be gone... hmm weird. Also had a big nasty pimple form next to my eyebrow but its decreased in size quite a bit over the past day. I saw some pictures from a dinner my church's youth ministry from the 18th.. and i can't believe how good my skin looked in the harsh fluorescent lighting. 4 pics from different times throughout the night and there was no redness whatsoever! nice! Not looking forward to tomorrow... ugh school. At least it is march. March madness! Only about 2 and a half months left of my junior year... its going by crazy fast. Okay I'm rambling now.

Guest Blax

Lol Blake, that exact thing happened to me on day 20 i got little rashes on my hands. Youll see its gonna dry up and turn red and get kinda itchy. Then ull probly get a few little red dots on ur hand. And they go away with in 2 weeks at least. I was just laughing to my self because the day i noticed i got alittle red patch on both my hands (same spot) i had a pimple on the side of my eye brow too.

As for the hands, i tried moisturizing but that often made it worse :S. I kinda just scratched at it all the time and it went away :S (i know that sounds ridiculous but it worked)

It actually just disappeared within 24 hours and hasn't come back since. Very odd the variety in symptoms for different people.

Day 29

Almost a month!! I went to the derm today for the monthly check up and to get my new prescription. I got upped to 80 mg/day, but if it costs too much, I will just continue with 40 mg and have to take a longer course. Blah. I can't say if my skin looks better, as I honestly haven't looked in a mirror in a good 3 months. I want to totally be wowed when this is over.

Here is what I've been doing for my skin this month:

Morning:

Rinse face off in shower with warm water, then cold water

Dab a tiny dot of BP on any actives.

Apply Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15

Afternoon:

Apply Aveeno before baseball practice

Night:

Apply CeraVe moisturizing cream

I'm glad that a month is already down, but I really wish I could get it over with now! haha. I'm still struggling with the redness and red marks. The Aveeno is supposed to help reduce redness but I don't think it's done too much thus far. Anyone know of anything else I can use to help?

hey you!

i swear that we are the same person living different lives. haha i went to the derm today also! and i also got my dosage upped! but mine only got upped to 60 MG.

this first month wasn't so bad, was it? i was expecting way worse.

how is the Apply Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15 working for you though? (besides the redness thing you mentioned)...

i stilll haven't found a daily moisturizer that i really like.

i wish you luck. :wub:

haha its so weird how one course can be so similar to one and yet completely different than another. Boggles that brain I tell ya.

The first month wasn't bad at all... the IB wasn't anywhere near horrible. I can't say I was surprised because I was expecting anything. And the Aveeno... it's pretty good. Its smoothed my skin out quite a bit and made the majority of it pretty soft. I'd say to try it out if you're looking for a new moisturizer. The CeraVe is also really good. Just slop it on your face before bed and in the morning you're nice and soft! Good luck to you as well! Hopefully month two brings some results!

Day 31

Oh the difficulties and annoyances of Accutane. Pharmacy says you need to have a written prescription to get the medication, even though the derm on monday said the new policy was that they faxed the prescriptions. Oh well. Then the pharmacy doesn't even have enough to fill the prescription because it's on back order. Seriously annoying. So i have some of the medicine but will have to return to pick up the rest. It will all be worth it though!

Today is the first day of 80 mg and I will take the medicine during dinner here shortly. After that, I will take one pill in the morning and one at night after working out.

In other news (just because I feel like talking about other stuffs toos), baseball is going well. Our first game is March 23rd, and I feel like I'll be more than ready. Shooting for all conference team this year!! Definitely excited to get out there and surprise some people and hopefully win our conference. Things with the lady are well.. it's our 3 week anniversary today :P hahah. She is unfortunately ill right now with a really bad stomach virus, so I'm hoping the poor girl recovers soon. Prom is coming up next month! We're excited about that as well! Farewell to whoever may or not be reading :D