Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bittersweet09

how much are u taking a day?

i just started accutane, and i was wondering how many mg you take a day verus how much u weigh.....i was just wondering if the amount i was put on at first was considered a high or low dose..... also what brand are u taking???? the real accutane or some generic brand, my dermatologist said that barely anyone takes the "ACCUTANE" brand anymore, he prescriped me with something that starts with an s sorlet or something like that....i cant really remeber

im on 60mg a day and i weigh about 125 lbs......

155lbs on 40mg of accutane (I was on sotret the first month but now in my 2nd month I'm taking amnesteem since the pharmacy was out of sotret. It's been 4 days and I haven't noticed a difference)

155lbs 100mg (alternate back and forth each day between 2 and 3 pills)

3.5 months in and pretty disappointed in results.

125lbs and 60mg, IMO yeah thats pretty high to start out on. I personally can't believe that people agree to start this medication at anything more than 20mg for at least the first month or two.

I'm going

1mo:20mg, 2mo:20mg, 3mo:40mg, 4mo:40mg, and 60mg every other day for the last month.

My insurance would be a $30 fee whether it was generic or Accutane.. so I went with the real deal Accutane.

Um I've taken 4omg max min I've taken 10 every other day but iv'e have been on the med for about 2.5 years mainly on 10mg a day i would've keep going another 3 months of 20mg but i started noticing a bit more haor shedding like 20-30 strands of hair in the shower but 2months after stopping the shedding has pretty much stopped. oh and i weigh about 60kg

125lbs and 60mg, IMO yeah thats pretty high to start out on. I personally can't believe that people agree to start this medication at anything more than 20mg for at least the first month or two.

I'm going

1mo:20mg, 2mo:20mg, 3mo:40mg, 4mo:40mg, and 60mg every other day for the last month.

My insurance would be a $30 fee whether it was generic or Accutane.. so I went with the real deal Accutane.

Is having this low of dose even helping your acne? Im at 100mg and the improvements have not be great at all.

118 lbs and 80 mgs a day.

its been three months and my face is worse than before... so I am still hoping to see SOME results.

132 lbs, 40mg of claravis. Don't plan on going higher than this. Would maybe, maybe consider 50mg but not 60mg. Too afraid of side effects.

132 lbs, 40mg of claravis. Don't plan on going higher than this. Would maybe, maybe consider 50mg but not 60mg. Too afraid of side effects.

Carmelle, are you taking 1 40 mg pill of claravis a day or 2 pills? Thanks.

I'm 160 lbs and I'm taking:

60 mg a day: 2x40 mg (80mg total) one day, and 1x40mg the next, averaging out to 60mg/day over a two day alternation.)