Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

eh i disagree. accutane CAN affect your brian... you can have mild short term memory loss or swelling of the brain in severe cases... but it is very unlikely! just be aware that it CAN happen. but on that note, i havent had any problems! i can actually concentrate better now because im not distracted by my acne. most people dont experience any memory loss

I do, I feel less focused, and I find it more difficult to concentrate. I can't pay attention to anyof my lectures in college

Last time I was on it, I couldn't concentrate. I was on a really high dose though. I weigh 46 kms and I was on like 70 or 80 mgs.

I'm starting low this time and will decrease it if I get this side effect.

Just watch your dose and symptoms and adjust accordingly.

I think so. I'm not sure what the pharmacological reason for this is (only a 3rd year micro student), but you are basically being poisoned so it would make sense that some brain functions might be impaired. I have had a harder time concentrating on things, and it seems to be a result of mild depression brought on by Accutane.

amerolo- would you say it severely impairs your ability to learn?? Also, does anyone know if this goes away after you stop taking it??

Accutane side-effects go away in about a month from what I've heard. It's most likely just an imagined effect anyway, there has been no proof it actually makes it harder for you to learn.

Oh man...as someone who already had ADD accutane has made my concentration problems so much worse. It really sucks, but to me the clear skin is worth it. It is a potential side effect that you should watch out for though