Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
little-miss-sunshine

Happy Skin is Happy Days! Roaccutain Journey - Female/16/England - Starting Today.

Starting Today

Okay so i've finally got my prescription! :D

I've got another appointment on the 9th March, 1 month from now..

He's put me on 35mg a day and if i react okay to this dose hes going to increase it next month!

I'm also on the Dianette pill now because apparently if you get pregnant whilst on accutane the baby will be deformed. Better to be safe than sorry!

I am really worried about my hair :(! Right now i have peroxide blonde hair; Its freshly done and so it wont need doing again for another 4 weeks but what do i do when the four weeks comes around and i have to dye it again using bleach? I dont think im going to be able to though so i guess im just gonna have to go back to my natural colour of ash blonde so that my roots dont show and i dont look scruffy! haha.

Im going to try using Vaseline for my nose and lips, Nivea for my hands, and Aqueous cream for moisturiser to start with, along with my usual Clearasil Skin Clearing Gel to Wash with.

That is just a rough plan and all dependant on the severity of dry skin that i am most definately prepared for now.

This is my daily routine for the moment:

Skin Regime

-Apply Vaseline to lips & Nivea to Hands regularly

Wake up – Before i go to School

1. Wash Face with water & Clearasil Skin Clearing Gel Wash and pat dry

2. Moisturize using Aqueous cream, leave for 5 minutes before applying makeup

Arrive Home from School – Sleep

1. Wash off all makeup using Clearasil Skin Clearing Gel Wash

2. Moisturize using Aqueous cream

*6.00pm – Take Dianette Pill*

*6.30pm – Take Isotretinoin*

Before Bed

-Wipe over face with cloth & warm water, then moisturize & massage using Aqueous cream

- Rub a small amount of Vaseline into the inside of my nose to prevent nose bleeds

Oh no! My friend's are really trying to put me off it!

Why oh why?

There is no persuading me! I wish they understood just how hard it is to live with acne. :|

Dont let them get you down, it is almost impossible for people with clear skin to understand the hell that acne causes. Keep your head up only a few months to clear skin; that will shut your friends up!

Oh no! My friend's are really trying to put me off it!

Why oh why?

There is no persuading me! I wish they understood just how hard it is to live with acne. :|

Dont let them get you down, it is almost impossible for people with clear skin to understand the hell that acne causes. Keep your head up only a few months to clear skin; that will shut your friends up!

Hahaha hopefully!

Thanks for your support :).

:)! Took my tablet earlier!

It feels so strange to think that such little tablets are going to eventually make such a big difference.

Why i am sitting around waiting for side effect now i actually dont know!

Just the excitement i guess...

Your friends have good intentions but they don't understand the emotional and psychological damage that comes along with acne. It sounds like you are prepared for the side effects, but I recommend that you also buy eye drops because your eyes are going to dry out. Dyeing your hair is probably a good idea and will minimize hair loss - I dyed my hair brown before I started treatment so hopefully that helps. Good luck!