Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I did something really stupid this morning, picked at a spot which now looks scabby, huge, red and angry! I came out to work convinced that it didn't look that bad and no one would notice it. The first thing one lady at work said to me this morning when she looked at me properly was 'oh my god have you been picking your face'. I could have died and wanted to cry but managed not too, then this other lady next to me started laughing saying just have to hide it with your hair. I looked really upset so tried to explain that I didn't find it funny and that I had quite bad acne but used different products to keep it at bay. They then said that they hadn't really noticed that I had spots before (which says something for Dan's regimen I suppose) but they then realised that I was sensitive about it. I mean the last thing you want is for someone to point out a bloody great big spot that you obviously know you have on your face!! I had the usual 'not grown out of that yet' and 'you must have young hormones' comments. This is really not what I needed first thing on Monday morning. I feel really awful now and the spot looks terrible at the moment and I have two work meetings this week which will be a nightmare with this thing on my face. I just had to get this off my chest as it really upset me!

Hey! me too!

it looks like the size of texas!

hahaha

oh well.

already got upset about it.now all i can do is wait. and learn not to pick from this.

uggg

at least this isnt forever.

Yuck, I can totally relate. It's so awful how one spot can make you feel nervous the whole day. Maybe at least they don't think you're *that* sensitive about it, or they wouldn't say anything... when I was in high school one of my friends used to go to great lengths to have acne advice discussions in front of me, but not with me: "Oh, so Dad, you mean picking at your face DOESN'T help acne? I didn't know that, Thanks!" I hated it when people would say anything, but hated it worse when I knew they wanted to, but were 'sparing my feelings'.

Just like a Monday morning should start. I would have been very rude if someone told me that, especially if I was already having a bad day.

I did something really stupid this morning, picked at a spot which now looks scabby, huge, red and angry! I came out to work convinced that it didn't look that bad and no one would notice it. The first thing one lady at work said to me this morning when she looked at me properly was 'oh my god have you been picking your face'. I could have died and wanted to cry but managed not too, then this other lady next to me started laughing saying just have to hide it with your hair. I looked really upset so tried to explain that I didn't find it funny and that I had quite bad acne but used different products to keep it at bay. They then said that they hadn't really noticed that I had spots before (which says something for Dan's regimen I suppose) but they then realised that I was sensitive about it. I mean the last thing you want is for someone to point out a bloody great big spot that you obviously know you have on your face!! I had the usual 'not grown out of that yet' and 'you must have young hormones' comments. This is really not what I needed first thing on Monday morning. I feel really awful now and the spot looks terrible at the moment and I have two work meetings this week which will be a nightmare with this thing on my face. I just had to get this off my chest as it really upset me!

wow what dicks. Honestly, if they are that arrogant just ignore them. Good for you for staying strong and not letting em push you around.

Hey! me too!

it looks like the size of texas!

hahaha

oh well.

already got upset about it.now all i can do is wait. and learn not to pick from this.

uggg

at least this isnt forever.

yep..

I have had my fair share of whoopers, and i have buggered them up plenty of times just by touching and poking them. It just needs to heal naturally.

I hate the large zits because they're just begging for us to pick. Dermatologist make it sound so easy to keep your hands away from the face.

Feeling a bit better today the spot looks slightly better. I just couldn't believe that they mentioned it it is the first time since having acne that anyone has pointed it out. I am trying to forget about it now and ignore it. Someone did say to me today that the woman didn't mean to upset me she just talks without thinking, but she should know better she is nearly 40.

Some people are casual and honest about what they see.

You shouldn't take it so sensitively, Jane. Just join in, laugh it out, and share your story.

No need to walk on pins and needles. In reality, it is just acne, and acne usually goes away until you get another one.