Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
little-miss-sunshine

Happy Skin is Happy Days! Roaccutain Journey - Female/16/England

Last Monday i went to see my dermatologist and he told me i needed more time to think about it.

Angry as i was, i went away, knowing full well i wasnt going to change my mind!

The app. was booked for 10.00 at the hospital, Monday 8th February!

Its now the day before and im so excited.

A few hang ups though..

1. I only have one kidney.. my dermatologist is letting me go onto the treatment nevertheless.

2.Surely applying moisturizer will defeat the object and just allow the acne to rebuild itself?

3. How strict is the no dying of hair rule?

4. Are the nose bleeds a definate?

5. What do i say to friends? I have told my closest but they just think my mum is bwing irresponsible by letting me start the course which is infuriating! They wanna try having acne for 7 years. :|.

All i can say is what a battle? If this works i am seriously going to be so annoyed for not being put onto it sooner! Haha oh well. Good things come to those who wait!

Any advice?

Anyone starting at a similar time, maybe this week?

I just started on January 31 and am taking 60 mg a day. It was on my third day I think that I would see blood on the tissue when I blew my nose but its really nothing major. I haven't had a nose bleed yet because I just put some aquaphor in my nose before I go to sleep.

Good luck and I'll be watching to see how it all goes!

I just started on January 31 and am taking 60 mg a day. It was on my third day I think that I would see blood on the tissue when I blew my nose but its really nothing major. I haven't had a nose bleed yet because I just put some aquaphor in my nose before I go to sleep.

Good luck and I'll be watching to see how it all goes!

Im definately going to be buying some of the aquaphor stuff! It sounds like a god-send!

You too, its interesting to see how other people are doing.

I really cant wait.

Its my prom on July 3rd and i am really hoping things will have changed :).

Thankyou.

Last Monday i went to see my dermatologist and he told me i needed more time to think about it.

Angry as i was, i went away, knowing full well i wasnt going to change my mind!

The app. was booked for 10.00 at the hospital, Monday 8th February!

Its now the day before and im so excited.

A few hang ups though..

1. I only have one kidney.. my dermatologist is letting me go onto the treatment nevertheless.

2.Surely applying moisturizer will defeat the object and just allow the acne to rebuild itself?

3. How strict is the no dying of hair rule?

4. Are the nose bleeds a definate?

5. What do i say to friends? I have told my closest but they just think my mum is bwing irresponsible by letting me start the course which is infuriating! They wanna try having acne for 7 years. :|.

All i can say is what a battle? If this works i am seriously going to be so annoyed for not being put onto it sooner! Haha oh well. Good things come to those who wait!

Any advice?

Anyone starting at a similar time, maybe this week?

Hi. Im also from the UK and on roaccutane, im about a month in so far.

1. accutane affects the liver more than anything so im sure thats why your derm isnt concerned about you having one kidney, im sure your derm wouldn't let you go ahead if there were any risks.

2.You should always moisturise, ideally twice a day. Accutane is going to stop the production of oil in your skin hence it is going to be VERY dry. By moisturing you can have normal looking hydrated skin and skin generally heals quicker when moisturised. It wont defeat the object.

3. Not sure maybe a girl can answer?? :whistle:

4.Not a definate, i've only had one so far. If you do experience them it is becuase the inside of your nose is dry, you can help stop them by moisturising the inside of your nose. But I wouldnt worry about it that much.

5.This is up to you! Personally I have opted not to tell my friends but thats just me. I think your friends are being a little unsupportive by saying that, at the end of the day your mum just wants you to be happy she is not being 'irresponsible'. They obviously do not know what it is like to suffer from acne.

Anyway good luck!!