Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vecordia

How long does it take?

Already by reading around I've found out alot about Accutane and wish to learn how long does it take to get started on it. My mother claims we'll have to wait a while to get a chance long enough to go to the Dermatologist's. Will it take an hour, a couple, a few days? Post your own experience here.

I guess it depends on where you are from. In the United States it takes a few days for males. You have to go and get your blood work done and if your results come back fine then you can pick up your prescription.

My derm gave me the prescription immediately and just told me to promise to get the blood test before taking it. I had the blood test the same day and when my results came back positive the next guy I started my course.

i was just wondering cuz i cant afford to take off any days of school. Ib homework builds up bad. But anyway if it takes about a week interval it should be fine, not sure about 3 days though, is it like go in, blood test, come back=medication?

My derm never really explained the process. Do you have to go to a hospital for blood work? Or can most derms do it at their office? I am leaning towards going to the hospital or some outpatient center but I'm not sure.

Its pay back for expulsion from Eden. Jk anyway i probably wont get started till like springbreak anyway. My mom can't take me yet. Insurance coverage or something like that.