Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
little-miss-sunshine

Anyone else been injected with an anti flammatory? Acne Sufferers with Cysts?

On Monday 2nd February i went to an appointment with my dermatologist to discuss roaccutain treatment and i had a large cyst under the skin of my right cheek.

He then said that because the lump would probably scar even without his help, he could inject the cyst with an anti flammatory liquid, allowing it to heal quicker. I had never heard of anything of the sort but trusted him never the less.

I had the needle put into my cheek after a little spurt of tears, and it hurt unbelievably.

However, I am so glad i had it done.

Usually a cyst would take a good 3/4 weeks to clear up after it first appearing, but for a mere 10 seconds of pain, the cyst almost disappeared after the first day.

When i originally went to the hospital to see him, it looked terrible, almost like a scab that you would expect on a body part such as the knee.

I am so glad i had it done, but i had no idea such a thing existed.

Im just wondering if anyone else recieved that kind of treatment off their dermatologist because people i've spoken to about it thought it sounded painful, but even more so, strange.

I start roaccutain tomorrow! Im excited but extremely curious & worried at the same time.

Any advice or conversation please throw my way!

Thankyou :).

Welcome to the board!

Injecting a cyst or nodule with cortizone (aka Kenalog) has been a treatment used for at least 25 or 30 years. I used to get many of these injections years ago and yes they work wonders.

I guess it all depends on your pain tolerance. The injections I received in the fleshier parts of my face like cheeks or chin never really hurt but felt more like a little pinch. However, I once had one on the bridge of my nose where the skin is thinner and that one brought tears to my eyes. That one hurt.

Good luck with your accutane treatment!

Welcome to the board!

Injecting a cyst or nodule with cortizone (aka Kenalog) has been a treatment used for at least 25 or 30 years. I used to get many of these injections years ago and yes they work wonders.

I guess it all depends on your pain tolerance. The injections I received in the fleshier parts of my face like cheeks or chin never really hurt but felt more like a little pinch. However, I once had one on the bridge of my nose where the skin is thinner and that one brought tears to my eyes. That one hurt.

Good luck with your accutane treatment!

Its really good that people are putting my mind at rest with this treatment!

I though i was the only one to ever have had it and i was some sort of weirdo!

That sounds painful! Maybe i was lucky!

hahaha!

Thankyou for your reply. :)