Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mikic

EYEbags!!!

does anyone know how to reduce the appearance of eyebags? they suck.

also does appllying acne medication damage the eyebag skin in any way? thx

When you say "eyebags", are you referring to a puffy area below your eyes or a dark area? If it's the former, a cool compress, like the cold spoon Serenity suggested, or a cold eye mask, might help. If it's the latter, you might want to try getting more sleep. For some people, that helps. Other people have dark circles under their eyes because they're just genetically prone to it, or because of anemia.

I hope you figure something out.

Also, try to avoid getting acne medication on the skin around your eyes. The skin in the eye area is thinner and more delicate than the rest of your facial skin, and is more prone to drying out, getting wrinkles, and chemical irritation.

I have a dark area around one of my eyes that's becoming predominantly more noticeable with time ... it sucks. My sister has trouble with dark eye circles too, so I assume it's largely genetic though why I've just the one is a mystery to me - looks like I have a permanent slightly black eye. It's not puffy and it's not due to lack of sleep, it just looks like a bruise.

If you find anything that helps reduce the appearance, I'd love to know. Also, like c'est said, you should avoid getting acne medication on the skin around your eyes because it's generally a much more sensitive area.

Use a good, thick moisturizing night cream. Moisturizing the eye area is important when using acne products on the face....even though you don't apply acne topicals in the eye area, bodyheat can make topicals spread on the skin where they weren't even applied, so the eye area can get a bit dry.

In the morning, try an eye gel with cucumber in it made to de-puff.

Get more sleep and drink less caffeine.

If you drink tea, don't throw away the tea bags...instead put in the refrigerator to let it cool. Then place the cold tea bags on your puffy eyes area for about 15-20 minutes. This works like wonder for me and it's cheap too.

I used some stuff from Avon for under eye darkness that was okay but I haven't tried anything for puffy eyes. I've heard people use preparation h but I haven't tried that. I notice that my eyes get puffy if I haven't had enough water or sleep.

On a side note for dark circles, I find that if I get a really light color pink shimmer eye shadow and put a little on the dark spot it doesn't look as bad.