Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
angel07

Oil control in Dan's products?

Hey!

I began using Dan's cleanser and benzoyl peroxide treatment a few days ago and I have noticed that my skin isn't that oily anymore! Before using Dan's products I was using the Proactiv 3-step system. I decided to make the switch to save some money. Not only am I saving some money, but I'm also getting way better results! My skin is not so oily and shiny now, plus it's not as dry and irritated. Is there an ingredient in the products that controls oil in some way? Or maybe Proactiv just sucks? LOL

hey thats awesome that its working for you!

im about to dump proactiv aswell, just waiting on the acne.org supplies then its goin in the bin!

Maybe it's due to the fact that DK's Regime is less drying than the Proactive regime? Oily skin is usually a result of using products that strip too much of the skin's natural moisture. In order to counteract this, your skin produces more oil.

From what I see and hear, the Proactive regime is pretty drying..

Hey!

I began using Dan's cleanser and benzoyl peroxide treatment a few days ago and I have noticed that my skin isn't that oily anymore! Before using Dan's products I was using the Proactiv 3-step system. I decided to make the switch to save some money. Not only am I saving some money, but I'm also getting way better results! My skin is not so oily and shiny now, plus it's not as dry and irritated. Is there an ingredient in the products that controls oil in some way? Or maybe Proactiv just sucks? LOL

That sounds awesome. I should...should be getting my kit on Monday and I can not wait to begin.

Usually within a few hours my skin looks oily or dry. I've been using the Exposed Acne kit, while it has helped my pimples slightly, I want something that makes my face look natural and not dry as well. (I hope that makes sense. LOL)

I ALMOST tried Proactiv, but I found Acne.Org and was on here practically the whole day reading through threads. Glad I did! Anyway, happy to hear about your skin. :)

-Jen-

Thanks guys! :)

I was using Proactiv Solution for almost a year. My face was both oily and dry. It was horrible! Around the same time I started using Proactiv, I also eliminated dairy from my diet, started eating healthier (green smoothies rock!), and started using Dan's AHA+. I think that's what really made me clear, not Proactiv.

The Proactiv cleanser is too harsh. The benzoyl peroxide treatment made me very oil and dry, and it didn't seem to really get rid of my pimples. I still like the toner though. I'm still using it along with Dan's regimen. I'm currently looking for a replacement.

Dan's BP is awesome! Even though it seems a little bit more drying than Proactiv's BP, it absorbs much better. And my moisturizer goes on smooth once the BP has dried. When I was using Proactiv's BP my moisturizer didn't work. It was weird. When I apply Dan's BP, the flakes show, but once it has absorbed, the flakes aren't as noticeable. I thought it was my moisturizer that wasn't working while on Proactiv, but turns out it was the Proactiv products.

_Dave_ and Jen81: you two will love Dan's products instead! Just make sure you follow directions and watch the videos. My face isn't very sensitive, so my skin can tolerate benzoyl peroxide. And don't forget moisturizer!

Thanks guys! :)

I was using Proactiv Solution for almost a year. My face was both oily and dry. It was horrible! Around the same time I started using Proactiv, I also eliminated dairy from my diet, started eating healthier (green smoothies rock!), and started using Dan's AHA+. I think that's what really made me clear, not Proactiv.

The Proactiv cleanser is too harsh. The benzoyl peroxide treatment made me very oil and dry, and it didn't seem to really get rid of my pimples. I still like the toner though. I'm still using it along with Dan's regimen. I'm currently looking for a replacement.

Dan's BP is awesome! Even though it seems a little bit more drying than Proactiv's BP, it absorbs much better. And my moisturizer goes on smooth once the BP has dried. When I was using Proactiv's BP my moisturizer didn't work. It was weird. When I apply Dan's BP, the flakes show, but once it has absorbed, the flakes aren't as noticeable. I thought it was my moisturizer that wasn't working while on Proactiv, but turns out it was the Proactiv products.

_Dave_ and Jen81: you two will love Dan's products instead! Just make sure you follow directions and watch the videos. My face isn't very sensitive, so my skin can tolerate benzoyl peroxide. And don't forget moisturizer!

I hope angel :angel: . I've been looking for something that actually works and I pray I found it.

Take care and I'm really happy for you! :D

I just got home from work and my face isn't oily! I didn't even use my OC Eight mattifying gel today. And my skin isn't as dry as it was back when I was using Proactiv. I'm still kinda dry on my cheeks, but moisturizer fixes it perfectly. My skin is so balanced and healthy-looking now! The redness and irritation has gone down lots. Gosh, I wish I would've started using Dan's products a long time ago. I am so disappointed with Proactiv. Has anyone else switched from Proactiv to Dan's or something similar and got great results? I can't think of anything else I've done...I've been eating the same things, same makeup, same stress, same everything except for the switch of products.

_Dave_ and Jen81: Good luck and let me know how it goes once your products come in!!! :)