Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok, first things first. This method, as it has done with me, may give you undesired side effects. However, it has completely solved my acne problems. I AM NOT responsible for any skin or body harm you may inflict

A little about me personally...I am 19, I was subject to cystic acne, quite commonly on my chin, nose and upper lip. My shave line was never a problem, but I had major oil issues on my cheeks, forehead and sides by my eyes. This caused classic acne, but not nodules. I am fortunate as opposed to familly members, and as we all know genetics had a great deal with how we all recieved our problem.

My diet is terrible as well. I love mcdonalds as some of us do, and yes I love the calorie causing liquid known to us as beer. I have made slight alterations, but nothing significant.

Now get to the point, right? Here it goes boys and girls.

Benzoyl peroxide - classic choice among us all... I have found great results with the excellent (yet pricy) Clean and Clear Persa Gel 5. Itll cost you 6-7 bucks for only about 3-4 days worth..but it is excellent.

200 mg zinc PER DAY ->> Now, thats alot of zinc. I am unsure of the how it works..but we have all read that it does. Now this may add a bit of cost to your regime, but it is worth it. Take with food if you can...as it WILL cause nausea...and a pretty bad one. I take 100 mg in the morning and night.

Omega 3's-->> We have heard this to. Also unsure of how it works..but it is excellent for skin and overall health. These are not expensive, and will last you awhile

Vitamin A --> 600 000 IU PER DAY. (200 000 IU/taken 3 times per day) This will dry your skin out like some of us have dreamed...so be prepared to moisturize. Without oil build up (my cheeks in my case) acne does not exist. This STOPPED most production of acne in the oilly parts of my face. SIDE EFFECTS...unfortunatly a price to be paid. Taking this much vitamin A is expensive, and anyone who has tried this knows what I mean. Also, you are subject to nausea, possible liver complications, and my own personal problem... A rash. The cause of it was VERY dry skin...and I am currently only taking 300 000 IU per day to solve this. Also...as I said before MOISTURIZE. And I mean your entire body.

Now, that hateful thing we call CYSTIC acne. Before I graduated, I was very active in school sports, and I retook gym (just cuz i could...haha i loved it so much...i needed 2) so I was in great shape. I did not get cystic acne until after I graduated..starting going to paramedic school and working. I didnt exercise..and those terrible painful big zits appeared. I had started working out EVERY DAY aerobically about 2 months ago, and have had one cyst since before christmas, a vast improvement from one every 3-5 days. Overwashing, is also very common to cause cystic acne. Although tempting to use benzoyl 5 times a day...please keep it at 2. And moisturize people...it helps ALOT.

So thats my story, I have a mild to moderate dry skin rash...which broke out into slight red bumps on my body.....but acne has been alot less of a problem. I know how it feels to have it on your face, and how it affects self esteem of even the most outgoing people such as myself. Let me know any improvements or how you are all doing.

Keep up the fight, and good luck...I hope this can help

I also found that ever since I stopped playing sports I started getting cystic acne. Maybe that's the problem. Maybe I need a good work out plan. I'll try to start one this week. Hope it works! :)

200 mg zinc PER DAY ->> Now, thats alot of zinc. I am unsure of the how it works..but we have all read that it does. Now this may add a bit of cost to your regime, but it is worth it. Take with food if you can...as it WILL cause nausea...and a pretty bad one. I take 100 mg in the morning and night.

uh, over 50mg/day is poisonous. anyone taking any kind of zinc supplement is also supposed to carefully monitor their diets.

Vitamin A --> 600 000 IU PER DAY. (200 000 IU/taken 3 times per day) This will dry your skin out like some of us have dreamed...so be prepared to moisturize. Without oil build up (my cheeks in my case) acne does not exist. This STOPPED most production of acne in the oilly parts of my face. SIDE EFFECTS...unfortunatly a price to be paid. Taking this much vitamin A is expensive, and anyone who has tried this knows what I mean. Also, you are subject to nausea, possible liver complications, and my own personal problem... A rash. The cause of it was VERY dry skin...and I am currently only taking 300 000 IU per day to solve this. Also...as I said before MOISTURIZE. And I mean your entire body.

that's so dangerous i'm not even gonna make fun of you. ever hear of accutane? it's a miracle for some people, others get problems like ARTHRITIS and BLINDNESS and SERIOUS LIVER PROBLEMS and MAJOR DEPRESSION that results in SUICIDE from taking it, and the MAXIMUM DOSE (WHICH VERY FEW PEOPLE ARE PRESCRIBED) ONLY HAS 500,000 IU of vitamin A.