Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Warren_h

Painful aftermath. Can you help?

Hi all,

I just joined this forum.

My name is Warren in Toronto,Ontario,Canada.

I'm a 24-year-old male, and an Asian. I've been having acne since I was 13 or 14. Over the years, I developed a bad habit of trying to fix acne every time it happens.

I'm asking for some help because I'm having the worst acne in my life. I don't mean by the numbers of acne but one severe pimple.

Here's the problem.

Early in December last year, I found a cystic acne on my face under the right eye.

I tried to squeeze many times but nothing came out. It's barbaric but I poked the needle quite deep. I had large pimples on my face before and the needle did the job for taking out the offending fluid. That time nothing came out but blood.

About a week later I got head-butted really hard while playing soccer at that very spot. It was painful and it became swollen. I looked like I just had a serious boxing match.

The swelling came down within 3 days.

2 weeks later I noticed that spot became raised and a bit firm as if there's something inside. I knew it's normal for a cystic acne and expected it to go away. It's been more than a month since then.

Once again my bad habit got to work. I thought that there's some acne pus inside that I need to take out. I used the needle again at that spot today. Again nothing came out except for some blood. As you can see in the pictures there's a slight bump. What can I do to get rid of it.

I know that I can wait but it might take 3~6 months. I play music at some venues occasionally and I need some quicker solutions. I did some searching on the internet and heard some positive comments about Zenmed scar treatment. I also think about going to dermatologist but I'm afraid paying too much money. I'd really appreciate your comments and advice. Also, if you can refer a good and affordable dermatologist in my area, please let me know.

Thank you so much for your time.

post-95577-1234072966_thumb.jpg

post-95577-1234072979_thumb.jpg

post-95577-1234072966_thumb.jpg

post-95577-1234072979_thumb.jpg

It really doesn't look bad. If I were you I'd just leave it alone and stay well away from needles, you'll only make it worse. Try and find a concealer that matches your skin colour exactly and use that to cover it up.

Thanks for the answers.

Ok. It's been a month since I posted my question.

The redness of the scar is slowly fading away but I don't know what to do about the bump.

Please have a look at the pictures. I went to a couple of walk-in clinics in the area and the doctors told me that it will go away. But I haven't noticed any improvement for the bump and became self-conscious about it. I made an appointment to see a dermatologist but I will have to wait until May. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks.

post-95577-1236717695_thumb.jpg

post-95577-1236717779_thumb.jpg

post-95577-1236717695_thumb.jpg

post-95577-1236717779_thumb.jpg

It's barely visible and will go away on its own with time. Do not mess with it again, at all, for any reason or it has a high risk of becoming permanent elevated or depressed scar tissue!

Is it called a hypertrophic scar? It's actually more visible than it appears in the photo and become red and slightly more swollen in the morning. The scar is a bit thick and firm.

I've been using ZenMed Scar Treatment Kit for about a month, but I don't think it helps. It'd be hard to wait for my appointment until May. In the meantime, I will look into other dermatology clinics that I can go to. I've never been to a dermatologist but I've found out they usually cost a lot - maybe too much. I'm in Toronto, Canada and I hope my problem is covered by the Health Care.

Is it called a hypertrophic scar? It's actually more visible than it appears in the photo and become red and slightly more swollen in the morning. The scar is a bit thick and firm.

I've been using ZenMed Scar Treatment Kit for about a month, but I don't think it helps. It'd be hard to wait for my appointment until May. In the meantime, I will look into other dermatology clinics that I can go to. I've never been to a dermatologist but I've found out they usually cost a lot - maybe too much. I'm in Toronto, Canada and I hope my problem is covered by the Health Care.

Get a referral from a doctor to see a derm. OHIP covers dermatologist appointments.

DAMN I wish I had YOUR skin right now :(((

1. For the BUMP, buy Dan's AHA 10% cream. DON'T POKE IT RIGHT NOW trust me from a long time sufferer myself. The bump is probably thickened skin (keratin) and the AHA (plus maybe retin-A or Differin) will soften the skin and melt it.

2. If I had your skin, I'd purchase ScarZone (Zinc Oxide + Dimethicone) or any Diaper Rash Cream with Zinc Oxide, and that remaining dark spot will be gone in one week.

Buy either scarzone or any diaper cream with zinc oxide 10-20%

Warren h. You are Canadian, so the visit to the dermatologist is covered. Any prescriptions will not be unless you have some type of health plan. Generally, the dermatologist will ask you if you have coverage.