Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey I started a Deoxcycline (2/day)regimen back on Dec 29, 2008.

I'm on an eight week trial until like Feb 28 and my derm will make a final decision after seeing my results. I've also been prescribed to Adapalene and Clindamycin supplemental topicals. Because I'm constantly paranoid/critical of my face, I have seem some but no drastic changes. On the contrary, my family has been saying they can see a noticable change. I'm not sure if they're being generous or not though haha. Anyway, has anyone ever tried/had beneficial results from Deoxcycline and either topical?? Thanks!

Yes, I have seen great results in a month. I think your family is being sincere. I always felt like my father was just being polite about my skin improving, but I put my cynicism to the side and saw that he was right. It's really difficult to see the improvement because we expect flawless skin after our treatment.

thanks for your feedback.

my mistake its DOXYCYCLINE but i'm sure you figured it out. I have noticed a difference, maybe an improvement. My skin is smoother definitely not so aggravated anymore. I might get a few small zits every now and then but now I'm mainly dealing with scars. I see the derm in a few days so I'll keep updating this log

Im on 100mg right now and was told to take it once a day. I also have 50mg that i was taking twice a day.

I think my doctor is doing that because i hate taking medications (cause im so natural) and i have crazy side effects to everything. I wonder if i should start taking my 100mg twice a day? I really don't see a change and ive been taking it for a few weeks.

I'm only doing what my derm told me to. Parhaps my acne was more severe than yours. And i was pretty hopeful when I started the medication but became somewhat skeptical after a few weeks. It specifically stops new acne from forming but does nothing for scarring and I guess I was expecting a miraculous change. But I go back to the derm feb28 so I'm nearing my final week and just now am I noticing satisfactory results. I still have scarring though I'm almost certain it's fading. My acne has seemingly stopped though. Not completely, but significantly. Just stick with it, and don't worry if you miss a few days here and there.

i hear ya, my skin always look better in the morning.

I still get new acne but it should start to kick in around week 6?

Thats when i started to notice differences, not miracles, differences.