Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Smoyle127

My Doryx/Retin-A Regimen log...

Well, as most of you probably know, I have just started using this Doxycycline 3 days ago. In the morning I take one of those w/ food, and at night I take one w/ food (dinner) and use Retin-A before I go to bed.

So, I'm onto day FOUR now...I'm already seeing some results, especially on my face. My face is much smoother, my forehead is almost completely clear except for maybe 1-2 pimples. My worst areas now are immediately along my nose...on the border of my cheek/nose...if you can understand that...LOL. I'm hoping this gets me almost completely clear...I know if I can get rid of this dang acne I will have plenty of girlfriends. biggrin.gif

I'll keep this updated as much as I can! biggrin.gif

Good luck, your on a good regimen there. I am on doryx/clindagel/tazorac.

Whats your dosage gonna look like for doxy?

Thanks...my dosage is 2 capsules per day...one in the morning w/ food (breakfast) and one in the evening w/ food (dinner)...I'm on 100 MG EC. Around my nose is the worst right now...but everything else is looking great.

good luck man. I was on retin a micro for 16 weeks but it didnt do too much for me. Also, if you have senstive skin, be ready for a dry breakout. My face got really dry, especially around my mouth and chin after 2 weeks or so. A lot of dry pimpled popped up, but they went away after while.

DAY 6

Well, the results I'm getting from my Doxycycline/Retin-A regimen are continuing to be pretty good. The left side of my face is almost completely clear, the right side is clearer but still could use some work.

I'm noticing SOME improvement on my back acne, but it's probably going to take a bit longer for it to work...

So so far Doxycycline is working pretty good for me...I hope it continues!! biggrin.gif

DAY 6

Well, the results I'm getting from my Doxycycline/Retin-A regimen are continuing to be pretty good.  The left side of my face is almost completely clear, the right side is clearer but still could use some work.

I'm noticing SOME improvement on my back acne, but it's probably going to take a bit longer for it to work...

So so far Doxycycline is working pretty good for me...I hope it continues!! biggrin.gif

DAY 6

Well, the results I'm getting from my Doxycycline/Retin-A regimen are continuing to be pretty good.  The left side of my face is almost completely clear, the right side is clearer but still could use some work.

So i take it your acne wasnt that serious to begin with?

Day 9

Face is still pretty clear...no real breakouts.

Clearest area-Forehead

Most irritated area-Back

DAY 41 - APPROXIMATION

I think it's around day 40 or 41, but since the board was hacked, I lost most of my updates. Face is about 90% clear...I'm loving it.

DAY 42

Face is as clear as it has been since I got acne...no new zits in about a week...looks like this stuff DOES work.

DAY 46

No new zits on my forehead for at least a week and a half...two new zits on my chin though. sad.gif Everywhere else it's clear, except for one zit that looks like it's above the skin, but really it's not...so, about 90-95% clear now. biggrin.gif

DAY 52

Doing OK, but breaking out a bit because I haven't used Retin-A for two nights because I sleptover at my friends house all weekend...but I'm doing OK.

AHHHHHHHH...I'm breaking out more, and I have a derm appointment tomorrow and I really hope they don't put me on accutane, I still have a month or so for this to work! I was so clear before now because I haven't used the complete routine, I look like what I was before I started! sad.gif

DAY 54

The breakout looks like it has stabilized...and I am again clearing up. Phew. My "check-up" dermatologist appointment is tomorrow. I think they'll keep me another month doing what I've been doing, and if it doesn't clear me up, I guess it's Accutane time.

DAY 56

Since I'm nearing the end of treatment, I shouldn't need to update this anymore. I haven't cleared with this, and I'm glad I'm moving to Accutane. I will start a separate thread for this when I start!