Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ScoobyDoo

Two Years Acne Free

I used to be on these boards all the time, but I hardly visit anymore because I rarely think about my skin.

I was terrified to take accutane. It took my derm one year to convince me it was safe and the best choice for me.

My only regret is that I did not take it a year sooner.

My skin is 100% clear, 99% of the time.

I've been on 40mg/day for about 6 weeks now and the results have been really great so far. Did you experience any side effects other than the typical dry lips/skin? I like being on 40mg/day because my skin is VERY oily, but I also wonder sometimes whether bumping down to 20mg/day isn't a better decision in the long run (less potential for side effects).

congrats!! that is sooo great to hear! i only have 2 weeks left of treatment (ive been 99% clear for 2 months now) and im afraid my acne will come back once i stop taking the pills. so im glad it worked for you!!

I've been on 40mg/day for about 6 weeks now and the results have been really great so far. Did you experience any side effects other than the typical dry lips/skin? I like being on 40mg/day because my skin is VERY oily, but I also wonder sometimes whether bumping down to 20mg/day isn't a better decision in the long run (less potential for side effects).

loll I have 2 weeks left too! I must admit it's a bit scary to get off it but I'm also happy because I've heard that once you're off it , red marks fade faster and that's all I have left. But anyway , we'll see what happen let's just cross our fingers and try not to think about it too much.

Edit: Oops my reply was for Yo adrienne my bad.

congrats!! that is sooo great to hear! i only have 2 weeks left of treatment (ive been 99% clear for 2 months now) and im afraid my acne will come back once i stop taking the pills. so im glad it worked for you!!

Same here, only I got a month and a half to go. I think it will come back though, sicne my father is 44 and still getting it.

My cousin was on accutane 12-13 years ago and hes been completely clear ever since with no problems since =]

i'm just over half way through my 60MG course and i'm about 95% clear =]

My only regret is that I did not take it a year sooner.

I think that is a very common reply after taking Accutane. I echo it myself. I would have a helluva lot less scars.

Me too. I'm a year post-tane and my skin is still pretty good. Though I have ocassional pimples at the time of the month. Its not that bad and nothing a little pimple cream and concealer can't handle.

My cousin was on accutane 12-13 years ago and hes been completely clear ever since with no problems since =]

what brand did your cousin use?

My side effects weren't too bad. I had dryness, but not extreme; some redness; some fatigue; a bit of achiness; and some hair loss. It all went away completely within two months of stopping my course.

what brand did your cousin use?

I havnt got a clue lol, just know it was the same strength of 60mg

hey Scoobydoo,

i also never used to visit the site after my course but funnily enough im back now because the acne is back aswell :( i dont wanna do round #2 but i guess il have 2 :(