Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BroManDude

Creatine while on the Tane

I started accutane and creatine both about a month and a half ago but havent been seeing the results with the creatine that i would like to see. Since creatine works by sending more water the the muscle, and accutate dries the body, im wondering if they could have adverse effects, or if i should even be taking both at the same time?

Has anyone else been in a similar situation?

i wouldnt take creatine while on accutane, i think it sends your liver off the charts and it will screw up your blood tests, i believe it is what messed up my liver enzymes. I would say bag the creatine... you want to get big, get yourself a solid protein isolate, and eat right. Increase your calories and feed often, but most importantly, train hard. Hope this helps.

Yeah, creatine helps you gain water weight. You need to drink more than you usually do even while taking it, imaginably. Are you taking it just for that purpose, though? Creatine supplementation is for regaining lost energy supplies after exercising.

As for the adverse effects, creatine is in the food you eat and your muscles use it. It's not any different than taking a vitamin to get your daily recommended value.

Edit: now that trevor mentions it, it might not be a good idea. Creatine is not that harsh on your liver, but it's enough to avoid it because of blood tests

i havent personally tried that combination. you might want lay off of the creatine considering the two seemingly work against each other. theoretically, it would benefit both your muscles and skin.

i have only used straight whey protein. its natural, wont have any adverse effects on your tane cycle, and you still get huge, just not as fast.

you probably already know this but make sure to get plenty of water throughout the day ( that pertains to both the accutane and working out), stretch before and after working out, and consume as much protein afterwards as you can. there is no cap on protein.

i would drop creatine if i were you, for the reasons other people laid out. Pick up a good quality whey protein supplement, and you will actually build muscle instead of just packing on water weight

Well I started accutane 1.5 weeks ago 20mg/day to begin with and I use creatine every second day pre-workout, and I am going for a blood test next week, I will let you know how it goes.

Oh and correct me if I am wrong, but accutane does not dry the body, it reduces the output of the sebacous gland thus causing a dry face.