Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I know a lot of people around here seem to love mineral makeup.

Right now I use MAC studiofix powder foundation with the MAC studio finish concealer.

It covers pretty well and all, but it has a tendency to look a bit cakey if I use even a littttle too much. Plus, my pores are kind of big and I feel like this makeup just emphasizes them.

I don't really know a lot about mineral makeup other than that it's supposed to be good for your skin and lots of people seem to like it.

My acne is relatively cleared up now (with the exception of the occasional spot or two)...but I do have a decent amount of dark-ish red marks left from older acne t (and Im really fair skinned so they are pretty obvious on me) and I need makeup that covers them because I'm super self concious of it. Will mineral makeup do that?

I was looking at the Every Day Minerals site and they have a free sample kit that I was thinking of trying out, but I figured I'd ask you all which brands and such you recommend. Also, how do you apply it?

helpppp haha

ive been using Everyday Minerals for almost 2 months now and i LOVE it!! waaay better than Bare Minerals. I dont think i would use it if my skin was broke out though. i ordered the free kit of EDM and its amazing! i bought the flat top brush on their site too. it works better than a kabuki brush in my opinion. definitely order the free samples!

Ive heard great things about evrerday minerals, you should deffinately look into that. it's cheaper than bareminerals, too.

plus, bareminerals contains bismuth oxychloride which can, for some people, cause cystic acne/ rashes, so it might not be good idea to use, ha.

i used to use bareminerals bronzer along my cheeks in the summer, when i had perfect skin... but i guess using it too much is what caused the breakout all over my cheeks. so everyday minerals is the best, haha(:

I haven't used EM- I found the vast color selection and the different formulas to be a bit overwhelming to me...lol. Sounds like a nice product though.

I have however tried Urban Decay, Almay, L'Oreal, Aubrey Organics and I think that's it. Now I use a Mineral makeup by Faerie Organics...actually found out about it by someone on this board.

It's a great natural product and they too will send you a few samples colors of your choice, you just have to pay shipping.

Anyway- just my 2 cents.

I had heard a lot of good things about the EDM sample kit, so I told my best friend about it. She ordered it that night, and it never came. It's been about three months now, and she's emailed them about it with no response.

I'm not saying they're a shitty company--a lot of people seem really happy with EDM--but I don't think I'm ever going to risk ordering from them now...

i use bareminerals.

here's how i use it:

primer

tinted moisturizer applied by makeup wedge/sponge and then by liquid foundation brush

primer applied to mineral foundation brush, just on the outside - works really well, sounds weird

apply bareminerals with mineral foundation brush that you applied the primer to

concealer *try physicians formula conceal rx physicians strength concealer! works great, lasts long, easy, fast, oilfree, doesnt rub off/transer, lasts all day. about $8 at walgreens.

i use bare minerals and its really expensive..

but the powder itself last a long time..

and it the make up actually stays on in the water!!

but its not the best make up ever..

ive never heard of EDM but i kinda want to look into it now!!

but every since my acne got worse i havent been wearing make up..maybe for a special occasion yes but other than that no..

i have red marks from old scars too but in my opinion BP has helped reduced the redness because the peeling takes off thin layers of skin!!

I'm in Canada and I just got my free samples from everyday minerals after ordering them two weeks ago. They're great! It was fun to pick out the colours. The only thing is it seems like the makeup looks a bit funny on my skin at the end of the day? It was hard to tell; I might have just been having a weird skin day, but my skin looked somehow dull or something in the evening.

There really is nothing better for acne prone skin as far as makeup goes than a good mineral foundation without bismuth or talc.

Here's the thing, if you have flakey skin you'll need to find a GOOD moisturizer. By good I mean not something that makes the surace of the skin oily but one that will rehydrate your skin. If you're in the flakey skin boat let mfe know I can recommend a great moisturizer.

Thats step one for mineral make up looking good, a good moisturizer.

Step 2 buffing doesnt work for everyone. I personallly hate kabuki brushes, theyre far too dense and hard on the skin and buffing just irritates my skin and makes it look...bad. So if you find that method doest work for you buy a really good powder brush and apply the mineral makeup in downward strokes.

Step 3 if you have a lot of red spots I would recommend actually using 2 of the best mineral make up brands out there. 1. Joppa and 2. Everyday minerals.

I've been doing this for years and my skin loooks flawless. Joppa full coverage is fantastic for providing a really great amazing coverage base. Unlike EM it also has kaolin clay which is great for minimizing oil and shine and preventing bacterial build up. It is also all natural, no talc no bismuth. If that doesnt do the trick us a EM foundation for touch ups with a foundation brush. EM is much softer and lighter and works perfectly for touch ups without caking on. That's my trick.

For undereye area dont apply straight mineral makeup as it tends to looks a bit dry or cakey around that area. Use a good under eye moisturizer under the eyes and then lightly pat a little mineral foundation in with your finger.

I know some users here haven't had success with it but i'm really liking the maybelline liquid minerals foundation. My only problem with it is that I picked the wrong colour! I suggest just putting some powder over it to "set" it. I've used mineral make-up for the last two years and i loved it but i think i prefer the coverage of liquid.

Try CoverFx, it's the makeup my aesthetician recommended to me. It's a mineral base, but it comes in liquid form, and not just a powder.

I've recently started using Glominerals. It's mineral, but doesn't come in the lose powder form which I love. So far it's great, and some parts of it good for skin. By the end of the day I'm still really oily, however, it doesn't look runey, cakey, or ugly. And best of all it's wonderful coverage, it doesn't make my scars stand out as much. I'm also on BP & Differin right now and still looks good. I would recommend to anyone, the price is a little high but I've had for one month and still have plenty left to go.

EM EM EM! :wub:

try the sample kit and see how you like it. it's free - you only pay for the shipping....

I have heard a lot of good stuff about everday minerals so i just ordered my free sample today !

It is a whole lot cheaper than bare minerals too !

Unlike EM it also has kaolin clay which is great for minimizing oil and shine and preventing bacterial build up.

Actually, they do have a brand of EM that has kaolin clay in it :surprised:

Mineral Makeup really is the best thing for acne as most of them do not have the chemicals and fillers that liquid/commercial/makeup counter brands do. I personally also use Faerie Organic Mineral foundation. It is the best I have used. I looked into EM but I freaked with the color selection and the finish selection. I love that FO's are very light and airy yet they cover really well and they are antiinflammatory and antibacterial due to the zinc oxide and boron nitride. My acne has gotten better by about 85-90% since I started using their mineral makeup. I know they also have free samples but unlike EM with FO you get an actual mini sampler kit with a few foundations, finishing powder and bronzer it made it easier for me to choose instead of having to order one sample at a time. their website is www.faerieorganic.com

Mineral Makeup really is the best thing for acne as most of them do not have the chemicals and fillers that liquid/commercial/makeup counter brands do. I personally also use Faerie Organic Mineral foundation. It is the best I have used. I looked into EM but I freaked with the color selection and the finish selection. I love that FO's are very light and airy yet they cover really well and they are antiinflammatory and antibacterial due to the zinc oxide and boron nitride. My acne has gotten better by about 85-90% since I started using their mineral makeup. I know they also have free samples but unlike EM with FO you get an actual mini sampler kit with a few foundations, finishing powder and bronzer it made it easier for me to choose instead of having to order one sample at a time. their website is www.faerieorganic.com

Do you work for Faerie? Seems every one of your posts mentions them, you have them in your sig, and your avatar is from their site.

Do you work for Faerie? Seems every one of your posts mentions them, you have them in your sig, and your avatar is from their site.

I have found a mineral powder foundation that isn't too dry for my skin--it's from southgate skincare Maybe you can try it, and it's cheaper than some other brands I don't think it has any irritants in it either. It doesn't take much of it, and I thought I'd never find one that worked (my skin is rather dry)

I always hear such great things about mineral makeup and I wonder if I'm the only one who hasn't had success with them. No matter how much I moisturize, it still looks dry and cakey on me. I'd love to wear it because it doesn't have all the products as liquid foundation but again, it seems impossible to get it to look natural.

Girl3900, it is because the mineral makeup wasn't the good stuff.

Find a beauty therapist that stocks Jane Iredale mineral makeup. It is the best, I know several people who use it, one who has acne issues (now cleared up thanks to switching makeup) and it looks nice too.

I wish! And sorry, No my avatar is not from their site. As a matter of fact I found this avatar online and I luv it as it pretty much somes me up, I consider myself to be a flower child at heart. We are in the makeup forum and it is what I use. And sorry but not everyone of my posts bring them up. I have seen several people in here continually talk about Everyday minerals and have them in their sig (as they also use them in their regimen) does that mean they work for EM as well? My face has cleared up A LOT since I have been using these products and I am always very excited to talk about it.

I wish! And sorry, No my avatar is not from their site. As a matter of fact I found this avatar online and I luv it as it pretty much somes me up, I consider myself to be a flower child at heart. We are in the makeup forum and it is what I use. And sorry but not everyone of my posts bring them up. I have seen several people in here continually talk about Everyday minerals and have them in their sig (as they also use them in their regimen) does that mean they work for EM as well? My face has cleared up A LOT since I have been using these products and I am always very excited to talk about it.

Beware folks, this girl is a spammer, 3 accounts suspended so far.