Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kyle(Fury)

Please help! What products are the best?

We only have limited products imported here and I really need all of comments and advice I can get.

Please rate 1-5

Cleansers:

Eucerin: (1-5)

Oxy: (1-5)

Neutregena: (1-5)

Clean and clear: (1-5)

Others; Please state (1-5)

Which one you recommend:

Toners:

Clearasil: (1-5)

Eucerin: (1-5)

Neutregena: (1-5)

Others: Please state (1-5)

Which one you recommend:

\

Acne clearing cream: (BP or SA)

Clearasil on the spot: (1-5)

Oxy 5: (1-5)

Oxy 10: (1-5)

Tea tree oil (Aiken, etc): (1-5)

T3: (1-5)

Which one you recommend:

Thats all! Fill up the form I'm real curious, and is cetaphil good?

O yeah, WHERE THE TELL DO YOU GET JOJOBA OIL IN MALAYSIA?

Thanks =)

Please state any other additional advice\your own experience

Acne clearing cream: (BP or SA)

Clearasil on the spot: (1-5)

Oxy 5: (1-5)

Oxy 10: (1-5)

Tea tree oil (Aiken, etc): (1-5)

T3: (1-5)

Which one you recommend:

Thats all! Fill up the form I'm real curious, and is cetaphil good?

I'm from Singapore, so I feel your pain. xD

From another view, it gives us less of a headache trying to narrow down on a product.

I hate numbers cause I just did a survey, so I'll just tell you the brand itself. Here are some stuff I remember trying/seeing people use it.

Clean and Clear is a big NO.

Friends, sister and I all had bad results with it. In fact, it gets worse for some people. Although I remember loving the 8-hour oil free cleanser? No, it didn't work. XD Price is fine, but would you pay to get your skin killed?

Eucerin is not bad.

My sister used it, and she loves the moisturiser. She's now changed over to a brand called Khiels. Though she still uses Eucerin moisturiser. Although I find her face was better using Eucerin? Also quite pricey.

Neutrogena is blahh.

It's pricey for one, and it doesn't really go well for me and my sister. All the stuff will still be under $100 though, but it's essentially pricier than OXY.

Kiehls is not bad.

It uses Salicylic Acid as a main ingredient in everything. Khiels' provides cleanser, toner (two kinds, alcohol and tea tree based), moisturiser, and even acne/scar/blemish treatment rolled in one. :D Also, it has stuff like lip-balm even... Anyway. Take note of it's price though, it's an OUCH! ($45 for a cleanser, $42 for an alcohol toner) I tried a sample product of it's acne treatment recently, and it seemed good in drying my acne.

OXY is my lover.

It utilises BP in its cream called OXY 5/10. Stick with 5, it's cheaper and it doesn't kill your skin. I adore its SPF inclusive moisturiser that is super easy to absorb, $4.90 ONLY and lasts forever. OXY doesn't have much of a range here, so I can't say more.

Nuteen is bs.

My friend used it, and it seemed not to aggravate the skin? Yeah, and it made of herbal stuff too. So it's okay. However, I don't find it really useful. Give it chance though. I only bought the pimple cream so to speak. :/

Himalayas is another herbal product.

I liked it actually, cause it's herbal-ish. Haha, the price is quite good. Range of products is sufficient, although I don't remember seeing a toner if you need one. Used it for awhile, and it may work for spot treatment.

SKII is just expensive.

It's a marketing ploy that is so expensive, the only reason I even use it? Is because my mother bought it for me, yayness. My aunts and mother have been saying my skin has gotten better, but I don't believe a word of it. Oh well, I'm using the essence, face wash and toner. I'm really just waiting for the stuff to be finished. =/

SUMMARY! (IMP!)

OXY is good because I love BP, and even Dan's formula calls for BP. So why not? It's the cheapest one you can find here that costs only $6.50 per tube (25g i think).Salicylic acid is great for spot treatment, cause I find that OXY 5 just prevents my acne from coming out. You may also consider tea tree products. No, not the brand but the ingredient.

Cetaphil is good for sensitive skin, but really, my mum with dry skin uses it. She has good skin because it's dry enough to avoid pimples, but moisturised enough to prevent flaky-looking skin. I sometimes steal some mid-day, when I'm at home and my skin gets really oily. Simply apply and wipe off using cotton pads- no washing required. It's a good moisturiser in other words.

She finds this product works best for her dry skin at least. :3 It's reasonably cheap considering how convenient it is for one's usage! I think below $15 for one?

P.S: All prices given are rates HERE, so do double check over in M'sia. :)

P.P.S: I'm sure you can find cheaper BP products in M'sia. ;D Just stick with BP, I still think it works great for me. ;)