Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OilyOneCanobe

HELP!!! I have a date tomorrow night, post TCA!

HI , please help if you can

I have a date tomorrow night and i had the stupid idea to give myself a 15%tca on wednesday afternoon, after reading that it only takes 2 days to peel.

Well, right now is day 2 post peel the problem is it hasnt started peeling yet! I did 1 layer and only left it on for a minute until my cheeks became super red, and my nose and forehead really shiny. Now my skin still hasnt peeled! It looks red patchy and shiny still although very smooth to the touch, why hasnt it peeled? Did i not leave it on long enough? Im so tempted to get a face scrub and go at it.

Advice anyone, plzzzz?

NO!! Do not scrub it off!! You will damage your skin and it will take much longer to heal. 15% TCA is pretty strong, and my experience is it takes 4 days to peel off. When I do a 6% TCA wipedown, that usually comes off in 2-3 days, but 15% needs an extra day or two.

How long did you leave it on? I typically leave it on until it stops burning, usually 10-15 min.

Good luck, and please be careful!

NO!! Do not scrub it off!! You will damage your skin and it will take much longer to heal. 15% TCA is pretty strong, and my experience is it takes 4 days to peel off. When I do a 6% TCA wipedown, that usually comes off in 2-3 days, but 15% needs an extra day or two.

How long did you leave it on? I typically leave it on until it stops burning, usually 10-15 min.

Good luck, and please be careful!

Hi,

I managed to make it peel faster by drinking loads of water and keeping my skin moisturised. Thankfully i was ok by the evening of my date.

Thanks for your help