Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

K so I got this dress thats a bit ti big for me and its somewhat like this with that extra material at the bottom that idk hugs your legs i guess

DRESS BEFORE

but I'd rather turn it like this. DRESS AFTER

I dont know how to sew and I dont have time to go get it done either. So any qucik and easy tips? The dress fabric is also silky like the AFTER dress. But on the bottom part that I want folded underneath, there are sequins that I dont want scratching the crap out of my legs either if I di decide to turn it.

oh btw, I tried pins and safety pins. my mom suggested double sided tape as well as some duct tape to put under it.

any ideas??????

I have no idea but you can Google bubble hem or making a bubble hem or bubble hem something.

The dress you want to turn it into thats what the bottom is called. I think the bubble hem is pretty. Looks like its floating :dance: or bubbly from the bottom.

i found this http://www.craftycrafty.tv/2007/07/convert...ess_into_a.html hope it helps :dance:

EDIT: Oh and i just googled the first dress and voila its a banded bottom dress (i thought it was a bandeua bottom :doh: ). I don't know if this works but maybe if you push the band up it can maybe dissapear under your dress and possibly turn the dress hem bubbly (IDK if that made sense). Like push the band up and have your dress hang under it, like when you push your sleeves up. Hope i helped :dance: i guess something like this http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/a9/0/...AAAAAAKkJLQ.jpg but push it up even more.

I have no idea but you can Google bubble hem or making a bubble hem or bubble hem something.

The dress you want to turn it into thats what the bottom is called. I think the bubble hem is pretty. Looks like its floating :dance: or bubbly from the bottom.

i found this http://www.craftycrafty.tv/2007/07/convert...ess_into_a.html hope it helps :dance:

EDIT: Oh and i just googled the first dress and voila its a banded bottom dress (i thought it was a bandeua bottom :doh: ). I don't know if this works but maybe if you push the band up it can maybe dissapear under your dress and possibly turn the dress hem bubbly (IDK if that made sense). Like push the band up and have your dress hang under it, like when you push your sleeves up. Hope i helped :dance: i guess something like this http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/a9/0/...AAAAAAKkJLQ.jpg but push it up even more.

Thanks for your reply! :)

I know HOW to do it but I don't know how to make it stay that way. I don't want to use like a glue because I want to be able to take it back down.

And I don't want to get another dress because I really like this one :]

If you're wanting to turn the band under to make the bubble, would the skirt actually still be long enough to not look like a shirt? As long as the band won't be too tight against your thighs you could sew the ends of six or so long thin ribbons around the edge of the hem and them turn up the edge and attach the other end of the ribbons to points on the inside of your waist if you don't want hem marks showing.

Thanks to everyone who replyed to help!!

So what I did was bought some clear duct tape and just duct taped it under. you couldnt even tell there was any it looked like the dress was an actual bubble dress and it stayed like that all night even during dancing for hourssss lol

thanks everyone!! :D

Thanks to everyone who replyed to help!!

So what I did was bought some clear duct tape and just duct taped it under. you couldnt even tell there was any it looked like the dress was an actual bubble dress and it stayed like that all night even during dancing for hourssss lol

thanks everyone!! :D

:clap::boogie::catdance::dance: