Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RoadRash

Accutane Log [Male, 19]

Greetings,

Basic information about myself:

• I'm male, 19 years of age, ~150 pounds
  • I'm in extremely good health. I have no known diseases and have never stayed in a hospital. I don't get sick often at all (I can't remember the last time I was sick).
  • I eat very well. My diet consist of no junk, water as my only drink, eating mostly protein-rich foods. I'm so hardcore I drink eggwhites for breakfast.
  • I lift weights five days a week.
  • Suppliments: I used to take Centrum multivitamins but I will drop those because of the accutane (can't have any A!) I will continue taking one capsule of GNC fish oil daily, as well as a lot of whey protein.

Background:

I remember being self concious about my acne all the way back for.. over seven years now. I used way too many over-the-counter products and natural remedies to count. It wasn't until highschool when I asked my doctor about it. He prescribed me some cream which I can't recall the name of. After applying that nightly for a long time, I went to a dermatologist. I was prescribed Differin and an antibiotic pill, which now, after 8+ months, hasn't done anything for me. The Differin might of actually made my face worse than before. Needless to say, I think I'm a good looking guy but my acne makes me so self-conscious. I'm sick of applying different creams every damn day, looking in the mirror all the time, along with wondering "Why me? Why does everybody else have perfect skin?" I do not have any control over my acne - I've felt hopeless for a while. I think that having clear skin can and will dramatically change my life and make me 50x hotter ;)

February 2, 2009 - The Dermatologist Appointment

I checked in and shortly thereafter got called back to an examination room. The assistant that brought me in asked me why I was there. I told her that I was perscribed Differin and it was a horrible failure. She told me that the doctor would be with me shortly and left the room. After literally 45 minutes, my dermatologist came strolling in.

I was reading about Accutane on this website for a while and was planning on asking my dermatologist about it. She beat me to the punch. After explaining to her my situation, the Differin failure, along with my complaints about dealing with acne for so many years, she asked me if I have heard about Accutane. I replied, "Yes, I was actually about to ask you about that".

She explained it a bit and started asking me a lot of questions as required to get prescribed. Quickly after that she whipped out an "iPledge" book and walked me through all the stuff I had to agree too and initial (mostly just stuff about understanding the risk and when to contact your doctor if you're experiencing depression symptoms).

She gave me two referral notes to get my blood tested - one for now and one for 4 weeks from now. She also wrote me a prescription for the Accutane - 40 mg. I left the office happy.

February 5, 2009 - The Vampire

Today I got my blood taken for the tests. It wasn't that bad, not much to speak of. I went in, gave them the slip of paper my dermatologist gave me. In a couple of minutes, after gathering my insurance information, I was brought back into a room and sat in a chair. The lady went right to work, putting the elastic band around my arm and quickly inserting the needle, withdrawing the blood within a good 15 seconds or less. I was in and out in less than 10 minutes.

Before - Forehead

My forehead is my very worst part - as my hair irritates it I think. More pictures coming soon.

http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq246/r...la/forehead.jpg

If all goes well I should get my prescription filled tomorrow. I will update the thread soon!

Pretty similar info as me (okay minus the totally good eating and weight lighting lol) but same age and same thoughts.

I started the 25th of Jan, so far no real changes and just minor side effects - so best of luck ill be keeping watch and hopefulyl this is the end of our battles with acne!!!

Day One - Friday, February 06, 2009

Dosage: 40 mg in evening (Food: Peanut Butter Sandwich on whole wheat)

Side Effects: None to note thus far.

Notes: I actually am going to be taking 80 mga day, in two installments. One will be in the morning, one in the evening. I just assumed 40 mg a day when I saw the prescription slip. I took the pill and worked out as usual. I lifted my chest, back, abs, along with doing a three mile run. I don't notice any changes so far - I don't even feel any different.

Tonight I'm going to load up my lips with Vaseline before bed. I know that it is a bit early to be experiencing dryness but I want to be prepared. :ninja:

Pretty similar info as me (okay minus the totally good eating and weight lighting lol) but same age and same thoughts.

I started the 25th of Jan, so far no real changes and just minor side effects - so best of luck ill be keeping watch and hopefulyl this is the end of our battles with acne!!!

You drink egg whites every morning? Haha what is wrong with making an omelet!? That reminds me of Napoleon Dynamite when he drinks raw eggs. Well good luck with your course, I am also on 80mg and my skin is already clear. Be sure to buy some good eye drops because the dry eyes only get worse!

You drink egg whites every morning? Haha what is wrong with making an omelet!? That reminds me of Napoleon Dynamite when he drinks raw eggs. Well good luck with your course, I am also on 80mg and my skin is already clear. Be sure to buy some good eye drops because the dry eyes only get worse!

Yeah, I drink a lot of egg whites throughout the day. My diet consist of mostly egg whites, oatmeal, meat, along with some protein powder. I just recently got a faint six pack to show for it, though :)

Thank you for the advice. Can you recommend a brand of eye drops?

Hey!

Don't be discouraged! You are only on day 10 you have a couple months to go!!!. From my experience on Accutane...

It does get worse before it gets better. This is just something Accutane users have to accept. In many cases much worse. My IB was the worst acne I have ever seen and lasted from day 7-18ish. It was horrible. BUT THERE IS HOPE! I just started my 2nd month and my face is sooooooo soo much better! I don't have any new breakouts, and old breakouts are just drying up. I promise it gets better just stick through the hard times! :)