Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ludwig

What kind of laser for PIH?

What kind of laser are for post inflammatory hyper pigmentation's ? I went to my derm today and he told me about co2 laser, I told me him that isn't that a bit extreme for marks and he actually kind of agrees. He also mentions something about cutting which that I'm not too sure how that works. I saw the co2 machine in his office and that's the only laser treatment he provides. I might have to check out other derms. I already saw the FAQ, I would like to know if anyone have any experiences. thanks

Before trying any laser treatments for hyperpigmentation, you should go for glycolic peels if you haven't tried already. If you have, then find a dermatologist, a plastic surgeon, or a MedSpa (spas with doctors on staff), that offer IPL/PhotoRejuvenation/BBL treatments like Aesthera PPx, Blu-U, Levulan, etc...

Personally, I've seen great results on a friend who had the Sciton BBL treatment done, and I'll be doing this after my second ProFractional treatment for the remainder of the small scarring I have.

using a laser for PIH is overboard in my opinion ... seing that it will dissapear even if you did nothing ... anytreatment you get will ust spped up this process. why not try a cream that regulates the amount of melanin being prodcued in taht area where PIH is ... thats the cause . pm me if you want more info

Before trying any laser treatments for hyperpigmentation, you should go for glycolic peels if you haven't tried already. If you have, then find a dermatologist, a plastic surgeon, or a MedSpa (spas with doctors on staff), that offer IPL/PhotoRejuvenation/BBL treatments like Aesthera PPx, Blu-U, Levulan, etc...

Personally, I've seen great results on a friend who had the Sciton BBL treatment done, and I'll be doing this after my second ProFractional treatment for the remainder of the small scarring I have.

Thanks for the info, I will take a look into chemical peels before spending major money for lasers. How many treatments did your friend had and how much did that cost?

using a laser for PIH is overboard in my opinion ... seing that it will dissapear even if you did nothing ... anytreatment you get will ust spped up this process. why not try a cream that regulates the amount of melanin being prodcued in taht area where PIH is ... thats the cause . pm me if you want more info

Are you talking about hydroquinone? I ask my derm if there any cream that can speed up the recovery and he straight up said no. I know there are stuff for that out there. So I was like "wtf" in my head. My first PIH is over 6 months and its probably 10% better but this is taking too long.

Are you talking about hydroquinone? I ask my derm if there any cream that can speed up the recovery and he straight up said no. I know there are stuff for that out there. So I was like "wtf" in my head. My first PIH is over 6 months and its probably 10% better but this is taking too long.

first, pih can take up to 2 years to disspear. personanlly i think just leaving it alone is the best way to go. but if you wana use a cream to fade it do NOT use hydroquinone OR arbitun OR bearberry (duno if those spellings are right) ive sent you a pm with more info - check it

thanks

V

first, pih can take up to 2 years to disspear. personanlly i think just leaving it alone is the best way to go. but if you wana use a cream to fade it do NOT use hydroquinone OR arbitun OR bearberry (duno if those spellings are right) ive sent you a pm with more info - check it

thanks

V

Hello, I was wondering if you could also send me the pm info that you sent this user, I am interested in your suggestions for fading creams as I have a fairly dark complexion for a brown guy and I have had some serious problems with PIH.

Thanks