Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Polska Laska

AVC for red spots - initial reaction?

Hello,

I've been reading up on using Apple Cider Vinegar on my red marks left by cystic acne. I have a bunch of red marks on my chin that I would like to apply ACV on, and I was wondering, after you apply ACV to your face ( dilated 50/50 ) - does it initially darken your red spots, and for how long? I have to go out in one hour, and don't want to be red faced, but am dying to try this!

... I am literally at a loss for words. I just tried mixing 50/50 ACV & water in a small shot glass. I used a Q tip, and dabbed it in the mixture and then touched it to each scar on my chin, I was kind of scared because I mentioned, I'm going out in about 45 minutes to meet my boyfriend and didn't want a bad initial readtion. I just checked my face after doing some laundry (about 10 mins after application) and it actually GREATLY REDUCED the redness... It smells TERRIBLE, I smell like a bottle of vinegar, but I can't believe the redness is down in 10 minutes? I almost want to cry, I feel like staying home now and doing another application... I was so skeptical, and now I can't believe I didn't try this sooner. Has anyone else noticed almost immediate redness relief after application? I wish I took a before picture.

PL

I'm also jumping on the ACV bandwagon. Figure I have nothing to lose. I just started a couple of days ago, but notice nothing so far. Glad to hear of your immediate results, though! Let us know if the results continue to be spectacular!

Keegsdur, it seemed to reduce redness right after application, but after trying this for three days, I didn't see much difference. I'm sure if I stuck to it longer, but.... I didn't because I want to find something that would work a bit faster.

I did however start to dab a bit of polysporin (you can use neosporin too) on my red marks and ripped a tiny piece of toilet paper and stuck it overtop of the dab to keep it from smearing on my face. After a week of this, my red marks have VERY noticably reduced in color. I also recommend this on any cysts that you have tried to pop and failed (don't pop in the first place, don't make my mistake!). The polysporin is definately something I can vouche for. It heals cuts and wounds up fast without scarring anywhere on your body, so it obviously will work to heal anything on your face! It's an antibacterial so no new yuckies can get in there, and an ointment which heals faster.

could someone tell me the recipe for this treatment?

basically, do one teaspoon of ACV with (depending on your skin sensitivity) anywhere from 1-8 teaspoons of water, apply and leave on for 15 minutes.

personally i found it more effective for active spots than marks, but if you're getting results, that's good. ;)