Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

what do people think about it? i'd really love an opinion here. I'm so done with waxing/ plucking my... well i don't know what a "happy trail" is on a girl haha haha

I don't want it to be completely smooth, just on par hair-wise with the rest of my stomach

anyone got it done before?

and does anyone know about prices, pain, time, that sort of thing?

I had electrolysis for a while before I started taking Accutane and had to stop. I plan on starting up again when I'm off the drugs (whenever my dermatologist says it's okay to start it). It can take a year or two to get rid of all the hair. It's pretty expensive, but cheaper than laser hair removal in the long run, I believe. And more effective.

It doesn't feel great, but it's not any worse than any other method of hair removal. You can use a numbing lotion if the pain is too much for you.

Check out Hairtell.com and their forum. It's a lot like this one, but devoted to hair removal. There's a whole section for electrolysis with lots of questions and answers. You can also find recommendations for good practitioners in your area. You want someone experienced working on you or you could get scarred up pretty bad.