Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alyssa2008.2008

THE ACNE. ORG REGIMINE

Hey, I would like to know what type of acne these products are best suited for and whats in them? The info ingredients on the website did not give me enough information on whats in them. Also if you guys have reviews on how its working for you....I'm thinking bout ordering them.

Thanks,

Alyssa

Well, i just started to use mines on the night of the 4th. I really love dan's products already,

heres what my review is, for my face;

1.) The cleanser is really gentle, it doesnt give that greasy feeling afterwards, and it doesnt tighten or dry out your face. The thing that i like the most, is that this regimen is BP based, and unlike alot of products out there, dan provides GEL BP, so you can easily apply the right amount of it on your face. So you'll have most control of the hardening/flakiness of BP.

2.)The BP is really absorbant, doesn't really have a scent to it either, to some people it gives that hardening effect, and that drying feeling, this is very common of BP though, so don't get freaked out if this happens to you.

3.) The moisturizer is light, but really does moisturize your face. I love it, it doesnt really have a smell, its easy to apply, you don't have to rub it so hard just for it to be absorbed through your skin. the moisture doesnt really seem to go away so thats a good thing. It also doesn't give that sticky ucky feeling, like how many moisturizers tend to give that gooey crap on your face. You can definitely feel that it isn't clogging up your pores either :].

Overall, i think this regimen will definitely work to mild - moderate acne people. I've seen people use it w/ severe acne and its worked for some people, but im not so sure about that. All i know is that, if you have mild acne, you should definitely stick to this.

PS: It's only been a day, and some of my pimples sizes have been reduced already C: I've noticed.

(Always remember, these reviews that are posted varies from person to person!)

I've been on DKR for about a month now...(Read my signature for more details.)

Here are my inputs on the first week on it..

The Cleanser - Its very gentle on your face. Its PH balanced so it won't overdry or tighten up your skin. Dan said to wash your face for about 10 secs. You really have to do that! All you're actually doing is getting all of the dirt and oil in order for you to apply the BP. No need to add any salt, sugar or whatever (some) people are doing (on here) to exfoliate their face.

BP - Start off little within the first week. About half a pump. My face was already used to BP because my last regimen was Proactiv (which didn't work). Then gradually increase your dose to one full pump after the first week. Make sure you apply gently (like Dan said). Stay away from your mouth and eyes. Trust me on that! After applying, what I do is I move my cheeks/nose around so I won't get that dry/hardening affect. So that way, it'll make it easier for you to apply the moisturizer without any irritations.

Moisturizer - Smells like it has a hint of 'Cinnamon'. It already contains 'Jojoba Oil' in it, but I still grabbed the Jojoba Oil and add 1/2 drops to it. 1 pump will do it for you. It goes on smoothly, try not to go over the same area your face multiple times because it might tend to ball up or purge. It really makes your face shiny, but it tends to subside in a while. It stung a little within the first 2 days, but that diminished after my face got used to the products. But remember to move your face around when applying.

AHA+ - Can't say enough about this. It has really drastically changed my face. I feel and see a difference.

All in all, like (Ayeek) mentioned, it's ONLY for mild-to-moderate acne. It may work for SOME peeps with Moderate-to-severe. But it has and is working wonders for my face. Proactiv really damaged my skin in a way. I was very skeptical about Dan's Regimen. I decided to give it a try, I had questions and Dan's Regimen was the answer. (I needed something more gentle to my face other than Proactiv) This regimen may or may not work for all, but it works for me. Remember, not all skin types are the same. I'm an asian male, I have light tan brown skin, and I'm almost acne free. Stay positive and hope everything works out for you.

yea i never skip on the BP around my mouth, i get bad breakouts around there, apparently toothpaste can cause breakouts

Yeah, when i first found out about his products, i was kinda like eh..

I was the type of person, to only trust products you buy from like walmart etc.

Then i got desperate and trusted DKR because these people definitely told the truth

of the negatives/positives and true reviews, and not just success stories.

Even though proactive is BP based, it would still dry out my skin .. so i stayed away from that. plus it gave a little amount, for a crapload of money ):

I ramped up my bp to like 3/4 of a pump because, the products i was using before got my face used to BP.

But for beginners, you should always take it slow!

I ALWAYS get little pimples along my lip line, its SOO UGGGGLY. and disgusting, it looks like a cold sore, and youd always get intimidated about the thoughts people would think.

I mean, you should always wash your mouth etc, but i dont recommend you putting BP so close to your lips, i accidently did once and it burnt SO BADLY. youll feel stinging, SO DONT TRY IT!

But im satisfied with his products, im straight up forreal aha

Just be aware that you can be allergic to some of the ingredients, if you are allergic to BP or formaldehyde, don't use them.

CottonCandi what do you mean? It has formaldehyde in the products?????

Yeah, when i first found out about his products, i was kinda like eh..

I was the type of person, to only trust products you buy from like walmart etc.

Then i got desperate and trusted DKR because these people definitely told the truth

of the negatives/positives and true reviews, and not just success stories.

Even though proactive is BP based, it would still dry out my skin .. so i stayed away from that. plus it gave a little amount, for a crapload of money ):

I ramped up my bp to like 3/4 of a pump because, the products i was using before got my face used to BP.

But for beginners, you should always take it slow!

I ALWAYS get little pimples along my lip line, its SOO UGGGGLY. and disgusting, it looks like a cold sore, and youd always get intimidated about the thoughts people would think.

I mean, you should always wash your mouth etc, but i dont recommend you putting BP so close to your lips, i accidently did once and it burnt SO BADLY. youll feel stinging, SO DONT TRY IT!

But im satisfied with his products, im straight up forreal aha

Check out *Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules. * Google it up. Its all natural and inexpensive. There's none of the stuff you spoke about formaldehyde? isn't that what we used in science class to preserve frogs? There is a better way with nature. Lots of luck.

Ok cool, I'll check that out.....I still need clarification what she meant about formaldehyde. Yeah, thats what I'm thinking, preserving frogs....Anybody know about this?? Dan would know.