Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
User01

Jojoba Oil as a Moisturizer

I have been adding jojoba oil to the DKR moisturizer, but I still cannot control my flakiness. Has anyone tried using just jojoba oil all over their face as a moisturizer at night? I am thinking about trying this, and wanted to get some opinions.

How long have you been on the regimen? Maybe you are using too much BP and that causes the flakiness? I would not reccomend to use the jojoba oil solitarily. I have tried this once and my skin was totaly greasy afterwards. Do always combine it with a moisturizer.

I have been on the regime for 420 days.

Any suggestions?

Hi User01,

I noticed you use BP at night and AHA. I do the following, but it might not work for you. I don't have a spot at the moment - and I'm suppressing some serious golf-ball sized cysts which are dying to re-appear if I get my regimen wrong. I follow the regimen, but use a lot of BP because I need to cover my entire face and neck. Anyway, at night, instead of using BP, I just wash with Dan's cleanser and pat dry as usual, but then I just put Dan's AHA on, wait until it dries, and go to sleep on a clean pillow. BP once a day seems to work for me and the AHA overnight can leave everything looking orange, but that all washes off in my morning shower.

I am also on antibiotics for my jawline cysts (erythromycin gel), I thought I would share that with you, in case it has any effect on the validity of my regimen advice. So to summarise, like you I do the regimen in the morning (but with erythromycin gel after the BP has dried and just before the moisturiser), then in the evening I just wash with Dan's cleanser, dry my skin and only apply AHA. I find combining BP and AHA causes my skin to flake, as does using BP twice a day. I have not tried Jojoba Oil as a moisturiser in the evening, but because of your post, I might give it a go. Although I am not flaky at the moment. I hope that helps.

Best wishes,

Me.