Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Paul25

Always wanting to eat?

Over the last 2 weeks i have found myself just pretty much wanting to eat all the time and feeling hungry, it seems the more i eat the hungrier i get for more food. I never feel feel up, this morning i have eaten about one green smoothie, 4 apples, 6 slices of bread and 2 yogurt drinks. I dont feel full up and could eat something else. Does anyone else ever go through this? I remember been like this before, cant remember how i got myself out of it but then i barely ever ate, and now im back to eating loads.

Yes. Are you using whole fat yogurt? Try adding an egg or two. And definitely do not eat 6 slices of bread. And how much sugar is in those yogurt drinks?

if u were to have a candida overgrowth then ur body isn't able to absorve food nutrients properly cause its mostly being eaten by the yeast so therefore you have to eat a lot more than a normal person would, the problem withb this is that by eating more u are probably eating foods that feed the yeast and allowing them to reproduce and grow and produce more alcohol in your body

Yes. Are you using whole fat yogurt? Try adding an egg or two. And definitely do not eat 6 slices of bread. And how much sugar is in those yogurt drinks?

Nah its not whole fat yogurt, its just those actimel drinks, the amount of sugar each one contains i think is about 10.5 g. I never usually eat that much bread, i had actually managed to avoid it for quite some time now, but i just sort of went crazy and started eating foods i hadnt touched for a while. I will certainly try to stay away from it completely as i like it to much, and if i have one bit then ill just want more.

Protein and fat. Eat that and you'll be satiated.

I agree. It's the first thing I thought of when I saw what the OP was eating. Not enough fat or protein.

There are a few possibilities:

1. There is a particular vitamin or mineral that your body is lacking right now (are you on a restrictive diet?) and is making you crave food in hopes that you provide your body with the correct nutrients. Do you take a multivitamin?

2. Through repeated overeating, you have stretched your stomach. (It is made of muscles after all) Now you feel like you need to eat more to achieve that "fullness" sensation. Remember this japanese rule of thumb: eat until you are 80% full and no more than that. The fullness feeling is processed in your brain after about twenty minutes, so if you are still hungry right after a meal, sit tight for a little while.

3. Boredom. Seriously. Food is entertaining because it tastes good and generally makes us feel happy. The next time you feel hungry (which might be right now actually given your opening post), do something! Occupy yourself with something that takes your mind off the fridge.

4. You are eating too fast. Studies of college students have shown that students who eat on the run or while studying report feeling less full the rest of the day until their next meal. But if you eat slowly and really enjoy that yogurt, the satiety will last longer.

hope that helps! :D

A lot of people find their cravings go down when they include more nutrient-dense foods to their diet. You body might be signaling you to eat more as a way to get more nutrition, and until you do, this may continue. Instead of the bread, I'd go for beans or healthy starches like squash or a sweet potato. To feel more full, good fats from nuts and seeds, and of course, more veggies always helps! I find that as long as I do a green smoothie everyday and eat a big portion of steamed veggies or veggie soup (these usually include some beans and blended nuts/seeds or nut butters), I really don't have any cravings. However, when I just do the smoothie but leave out the cooked veggies, I suddenly find I start craving food! Dr. Joel Fuhrman says it like this, "We need to eat foods with adequate nutrients so we don’t need to consume excess “empty†calories to reach our nutritional requirements. Eating foods that are rich in nutrients and fiber, and low in calories, “fills us up,†so to speak, thus preventing us from overeating."