Notifications
Clear all

Does anyone else HATE getting HAIR CUTS?

MemberMember
(@carmusen)

Posted : 02/05/2009 12:43 am

I feel like my acne becomes more exposed every time I get a haircut.

MemberMember
(@wapak)

Posted : 02/05/2009 1:31 am

Well, I do hate getting haircut in the past but not because of acne. But because I can't seem to get the style I wanted. X3

Hmm, now that you mention it. Getting haircut really do expose your acne. Well, it's up to you on how you'll let that affect you. Good luck! Keep positive!

MemberMember
(@tyga)

Posted : 02/05/2009 1:43 am

Yes. One day, I was so angry about it that I told the barber to shave my head. My acne started to calm down at that point. Two years later, I still shave it. Before shaving it, haircuts were a nightmare. Constant thoughts of "What will she think if she accidentally touches my forehead?" I looked down the entire time and gave short responses.

It was probably the best move to keep it short. I used gel and other products in my hair to keep it in place, and I believe that is what caused the breakouts near my hairline.

MemberMember
(@serenitypinkblossom)

Posted : 02/05/2009 6:29 am

I LOVE haircuts so i get to try a new style weeeeeeeee

i dont really mind if they touch me because hey i will probaly only see her once but if it were a HIM id be sooo self councious like makeup? hair?...haha hair...

MemberMember
(@loochi)

Posted : 02/05/2009 6:46 am

It never changed my face but I tell you what, I never kept the same style.. Just never happend? Don't know why. Lol. It's all in your head.. What's hair got to do with the acne?

MemberMember
(@emily_82)

Posted : 02/05/2009 7:32 am

I only hate getting haircuts if I have a lot of flare ups. I sucks to have someone so close to you to be able to see every spot you have a pimple popping up. Besides that, I actually enjoy getting haircuts since it allows my hair to not feel as heavy and has more bounce.

MemberMember
(@narcissist)

Posted : 02/05/2009 8:33 am

I like it long >:) but when i used to go, i hated it when they lifted my fringe up D:

I cant think of any way round not getting a haircut, other than doing it yourself.

MemberMember
(@hodget17)

Posted : 02/05/2009 2:22 pm

i hate getting a hair cut, as i quite like long hair, and also, when i get it cut, they always take too much off (despite the fact i always ask for just a trim), and it takes 4/5 for it to grow back to a decent length again.

MemberMember
(@devendralover)

Posted : 02/05/2009 2:59 pm

I hate getting a haircut just because I love my long hair and they almost always cut too much off. I get my haircut maybe 1 time a year and it takes me about 2 months to talk myself into getting it done. If I have acne or no acne I still hate getting my hair cut.

MemberMember
(@vicious-lyss)

Posted : 02/05/2009 3:17 pm

I love getting my haircut when it's good. ^_^

Our hairdresser is my mom's friend, she used to work at a beauty salon as one. So she comes right to our house and knows just what I want. Plus I don't have to feel bad or anything because she's my mom's friend and all, and she's really funny and nice.

She's the one that gave us our dog. ^_^

I got my haircut like two weeks ago and it felt amazing. My hair felt so much lighter and bouncier and awesome.

MemberMember
(@katt99)

Posted : 02/06/2009 2:17 am

well no i don't hate it. but i'm a girl with long hair and I usually pull it back....exposing my whole face. I just hate looking at myself in the mirrors....my skin always looks like an oil slick. i've noticed that my bro's face looks like shit when he gets his hair shaved off.....there's no hair to distract from the big angry zits...... :D

MemberMember
(@siava)

Posted : 02/06/2009 9:10 am

I hate getting a haircut just because I love my long hair and they almost always cut too much off. I get my haircut maybe 1 time a year and it takes me about 2 months to talk myself into getting it done. If I have acne or no acne I still hate getting my hair cut.

Ditto. Every time I go I tell the lady (I'm loyal) how much I want off. I tell her to show me how much that is and it never fails, her idea of 1/4" is almost 2". I have to push her fingers closer together and watch her like a hawk. Great lady, but no sense of measurement. Heck, I'm actually considering trimming my own hair now that it's long enough.

DL, have you ever heard of Feye's Method?

MemberMember
(@devendralover)

Posted : 02/06/2009 1:26 pm

Ditto. Every time I go I tell the lady (I'm loyal) how much I want off. I tell her to show me how much that is and it never fails, her idea of 1/4" is almost 2". I have to push her fingers closer together and watch her like a hawk. Great lady, but no sense of measurement. Heck, I'm actually considering trimming my own hair now that it's long enough.

DL, have you ever heard of Feye's Method?

I have never heard of Feye's Method. I printed it out so that I can read it and maybe trust my sister with the scissors. I am such a baby when it comes to getting my hair cut. Just thinking about it actually makes my tummy hurt, :) Thanks for the link though and I will let you know what happens,

MemberMember
(@siava)

Posted : 02/06/2009 1:28 pm

Good luck with it. :D I know what you mean. Scared!

MemberMember
(@zaphod-beeblebrox)

Posted : 02/06/2009 2:49 pm

I'm having an appointment at the optician next week to get contacts. I think that worse than every hair cut you can get and it scares me a bit since I still have some blemishes on my nose. Anyway, I'm happy that I finally made the decision to go there.

MemberMember
(@reyxe)

Posted : 02/07/2009 12:14 am

I'm a male and I'm on my 18 month mark without having my hair cut. It really does help covering my acne and scars that populate my cheeks. Long hair rocks!!

MemberMember
(@maximus-decimus-merideous)

Posted : 02/07/2009 4:10 am

When my acne used to be reallyyyy bad before accutane i would HATE haircuts because i would always have to look in the FU**ING mirror at the end to see if the haircut was right. Also, once the hair dresser was like "Hey, you should try proactive..." I know we have all heard that before. I was thinking, well, there goes her tip...

MemberMember
(@mameha)

Posted : 02/07/2009 8:51 pm

When my acne used to be reallyyyy bad before accutane i would HATE haircuts because i would always have to look in the FU**ING mirror at the end to see if the haircut was right. Also, once the hair dresser was like "Hey, you should try proactive..." I know we have all heard that before. I was thinking, well, there goes her tip...

Wow. I wouldn't have tipped her either.

MemberMember
(@find-myself)

Posted : 02/07/2009 9:07 pm

I hate it when it turns out shitty. That sucks and yeah I feel like I'm peeling off a part of myself.

MemberMember
(@vanilla-face)

Posted : 02/07/2009 10:58 pm

Happened to me, too. It happened in the middle of the haircut, and at that point I just wanted to get up and leave. Some people just don't know how to keep advice to themselves.

MemberMember
(@welshmatt)

Posted : 02/09/2009 9:15 am

I'v invested in a set of hair clippers, I shave my head every 6 weeks.

Works for me, I look hard with a shaved head, its useful for scaring chavs.

My girlfriend doesnt like it though, otherwise Id shave it once a week

MemberMember
(@mikeyjc)

Posted : 02/10/2009 1:36 pm

It's really not that hard to cut your own hair. You just need a big enough hand mirror to reflect with a wall mirror to get the back and sides. It's a little awkward at first, but it's easy to get used to.

MemberMember
(@blizzzza)

Posted : 02/10/2009 1:42 pm

I dont like getting haircuts because I have to look at myself in the mirror with good light and closer than I would like to!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/01/2010 12:30 am

i dont mind haircuts, except when i have forehead acne. It seems that the barbers are always careless around your forehead, thus irritating existing acne, or even sometimes accidently popping some acne..

MemberMember
(@xn)

Posted : 10/02/2010 12:35 pm

I hate it on the first day. Also a tip: if you have an important event come up, get your haircut 2 days before, never do it on THE BIG DAY.

Getting my hair shorter actually gives some degree of freshness, and my skin does better overall (for a while).

If you are male and an acne victim, long hair and moustache are no-no`s, IMHO.