Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
carmusen

Are you insecure mostly with people YOUR age?

Ya I get along with adults sometimes a lot better. But there are a few friends who I have instantly clicked with, who are my age. I guess it just really counts. But I do tend to be more comfortable with adults, then with my own age group. I think its because theres less pressure, and I feel like there not just focusing on my flaws.

I actually get along better with people who are far older than me. I've always been told I act a lot more mature than many people my age so I just naturally click with those who have larger priorties than partying like many of my counterparts.

yep. peers and kids are the worst lol. i've not really had a problem with old people commenting about my skin - it's either their eyesight is bad or there are a lot of nice elderly people in my city. i'm basically comfortable around anyone that i feel like won't judge me by how i look...

I don't feel too bad being around people my own age or older.

But if im honest sometimes if im around people in their teens i'll feel kinda awkward almost like some of them are thinking " OMG look at him he's in his 20's n he's still got skin issues " i dunno it's hard to explain .

I used to be when in my 20's. I was overweight and acne-ridden. Being around my age group made me feel inadequate. I was too chicken to run around in skimpy bikinis on the beach all the time and worship the sun. Now the folks my age look older than I do and have packed on the pounds. They're all having babies so look dog tired and are wrinkly from the sun to boot. Heh, so now I feel great! :D Intellectually, I definitely do not feel intimidated by people my age.

ohmygosh yes! i am fine with people under 13. and fine with people over 20. But i cannot look at people my age. i just cant. :cry: most of the time the kids my age..their faces are clear. and so i feel like an ugly thing stuck in the middle. i prefer young or or older peoples. i can look at them easier.

It depends, I feel secure around other teens with acne. And most teens even if they don't have it.

Adults I'm comfortable around too. But the ones who make me nervous are little kids who don't know. Who might go, "HEY MOMMY WHATS ON HIS FACE."

like really loud or something.

but I bet little kids don't even notice unless it's terrible.

It depends, I feel secure around other teens with acne. And most teens even if they don't have it.

Adults I'm comfortable around too. But the ones who make me nervous are little kids who don't know. Who might go, "HEY MOMMY WHATS ON HIS FACE."

That's exactly what I am afraid of. That some kid will ask me what's on my face. Thankfully that hasn't happened yet. But yeah, that is the age group that most concerns me.

That's exactly what I am afraid of. That some kid will ask me what's on my face. Thankfully that hasn't happened yet. But yeah, that is the age group that most concerns me.

Little curious kids are the fun ones though. You can tell them it's a horrible flesh eating disease, touch a pimple, and then chase them with your cootie finger.

Oh I love being around kids. I really don't mind when they ask me about my face because they are usually just being curious and not meaning any harm. I explain to them in logical terms what it is and they are usually quite interested and sympathetic. One thing about kids is that they don't base acceptance of you on your looks. I always have such a high time with kids-they keep me running and laughing my head off and seriously I think they're one of the best things about living.

I feel insecure around hot teenage guys who never look past the skin to see if there's anything else fun and beautiful there.