Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katt99

Topical Antibiotics...which is the best one?

So right now I'm using topical Clindamycin 1% phosphate gel and it's decent, not a miracle by any means. It controls inflammation and that's about it. It doesn't dry my skin out at all, so I can use a lot of it (which idk, is it bad to use a lot?)

I once used Benzaclin, but that ravaged my face....

So what can you tell me about these topicals....if you've had experience with them? I've looked at all their reviews, but I'm a little confused to be honest lol. Sorry for spelling errors with the names

1) Azelaic Acid

2) Erythromycin topical

3) Sodium Sulfacetamide

4) Any other ones that worked for you!

I don't think p. acnes is my main problem. I'm 16, I'm a girl, and I eat kind of bad. I have combination skin with moderate acne. I get a lot of blackheads pretty much everywhere because of the oil. And I get moderate inflamed lesions pretty much wherever they feel like popping up...15 actives at a time sort of thing. I get at least 5 cyst during my period and I get random hard bumps under my skin in any place.

my derm prescribed it to me in october :)

I think it's Rx only. My mom calls in the prescription for me now cuz she's a doctor. Lol i'm not sure if that's entirely "legal".