Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Proactive! LOL

I freaking hate proactive commercials! I wanna kill everyone who is in a proactive commercial!! Anyways back to your story....

Sorry you had to go through that, but that isn't as bad as other stories I have read around here. Your friend probably doesn't have acne so she doesn't know what it is like. I am sure she was just trying to help you. Keep ya head up! :)

Proactive! LOL

I freaking hate proactive commercials! I wanna kill everyone who is in a proactive commercial!! Anyways back to your story....

Sorry you had to go through that, but that isn't as bad as other stories I have read around here. Your friend probably doesn't have acne so she doesn't know what it is like. I am sure she was just trying to help you. Keep ya head up! :)

amen to that

may i ask what you use for your acne?

yeah people can make stupid fucking comments, but just know that they are just trying to help you. im sure she didnt mean it as an insult.

She's uninformed and doesn't understand. You said she is usually sensitive, so maybe you should give her a break. But yes, I know what you mean. The things that used to upset me were comments like "Have you tried washing your face?"

Aw I'm sorry you had to deal with that. I'm sure she was just trying to help but that's part of the reason it's so frustrating! Gahh..I hope that made sense.

OMG!!

JERK!! She tried to help you dont go firing off on her like that jeez she coulda been like 'Ewww your so nasty your pimples are soooo disgusting why dont u go jump off a bridge because no one wants to see a pimple face'

BUT, instead she offered proactiv...NOW GO APOLOGIZE :K

Lol, I actually want to see one of those people who represent proactive get severe acne and scarring.. Let's see if the stuff works for them.. I mean, "What have you got to lose but acne?" ... Right. Lol - Don't worry. Your friend was just trying to help out.

I can honestly say Proactive did nothing for me. I can't believe I wasted my money on that stuff. :doh:

Carrie, sorry to hear you had your friend be insensitive. I've never had any of my friends say anything about my acne, instead I get it from my father which has a tendacy to really make you feel bad. He acts like it's my fault that my skin doesn't want to be clear. Hopefully you have a better day today.

it seems many of you here knows about proactive.. do they honor their "guaranteed" feedback? especially when it is otc and not ordered from them?

She's uninformed and doesn't understand. You said she is usually sensitive, so maybe you should give her a break. But yes, I know what you mean. The things that used to upset me were comments like "Have you tried washing your face?"

That last line is fantastic, it had me laughing for ages. It's either laugh or cry with comments like that. :)

OMG!!

JERK!! She tried to help you dont go firing off on her like that jeez she coulda been like 'Ewww your so nasty your pimples are soooo disgusting why dont u go jump off a bridge because no one wants to see a pimple face'

BUT, instead she offered proactiv...NOW GO APOLOGIZE :K

This is really over the top. There is no need to call the OP names. Please watch the tone of your posts in the future.

That last line is fantastic, it had me laughing for ages. It's either laugh or cry with comments like that. :)

Definitely. Tears of frustration. The last time I heard that comment, I just laughed and said thanks I'll give it a shot.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I didn't expect many. You're all right. I know she meant well and was just trying to help. It could have been a lot worse.

Carrie, I expected many replies because we have all heard these ridiculous suggestions. If our acne is moderate to severe, there is low chance of Proactiv working. It's fine to come here to vent about whatever is troubling you. It's tough to face acne alone. You handled it well though!