Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"I use Proactive," says Diddy in the ad, because it helps "moisturize my situation and preserve my sexy."

However, just months after the ads, Diddy says he started to experience breakouts and decided to file suit, saying the product has discredited him in the hip-hop community.

"I look foolish on an infomercial promoting a product for skin care and my skin still has bumps on it," says P. Diddy in a statement.

Hours later, Guthy Renker filed a countersuit claiming that Diddy has failed to "preserve his sexy" and carefully follow the product instructions. The corporation also cites Diddy's affiliation with Diet Pepsi, for which he is also a spokesperson, as the true source of his acne woes. In the counter-suit, Guthy Renker claims that Diddy's consumption of sugary products such as Diet Pepsi has neutralized the cleansing effects Proactiv Solution provides.

Extract from: http://hiphopruckus.blogspot.com/2006/04/p...es-lawsuit.html

Diddy lost his street cred, oh no!

I'm surprised he had any left, after he was whining about gas prices forcing him to take commercial flights

P Diddy needs to be shot. One minute listening to his Obama blog made me yearn for drawing and quartering to be back in style but I know nobody would want to touch his remains.

i actually find it extremely interesting that Guthy Renker is basically admitting a diet-acne connection, even going so far as to claim that diet can totally supersede topical medication, at least theirs. Sure, they are just doing so as a defense, but still interesting.

i actually find it extremely interesting that Guthy Renker is basically admitting a diet-acne connection, even going so far as to claim that diet can totally supersede topical medication, at least theirs. Sure, they are just doing so as a defense, but still interesting.

it is interesting...in the fact booklet that comes with proactiv, doesn't it say that the diet-acne connection is a myth...interesting that it's no longer a myth when needed as a legal defense :) don't get me wrong, i like proactiv, it's just pretty funny.

Very interesting. Unfortunately, I think years of derm's swearing the acne/diet connection is a myth is going to bite them in the ass now.

I bet he gets a bunch of people on board for a class action. We have had soooooooo many people here swear their acne was made worse by proactiv. The first few years I thought they were imagining it, now I have to wonder.

edit: :dry: this is from 2006.

Haha wow, I really dont know who I want to lose more.

I cant stand diddy, hes a moron, but I cant stand proactiv either and their use of celebrities.

I do agree its funny how they say that its the soda causing his acne, when they have this statement in their website...

Myth: Acne is caused by certain foods you eat

Reality: Food doesn’t cause acne. In fact, scientists have been unable to find a substantial connection between diet and acne.

Tip: Eating healthy foods helps to nourish your skin, but don't be afraid to indulge every now and then.

I do believe coming from a legal background that they just walked themselves in to a corner.

In that sir, you are correct! That is why I find this so amusing. I realize it is slightly old (2006 I guess), but it is still quite interesting.