Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
justabeginner

I really want to wear my hair up!

I have pretty bad acne along the sides of my cheeks. Nothing like cysts, but it's clumped together so it looks severe. Mind you, it's fading well but I still look gross under so much make up after 4+ hours at school.

I feel like straightening my hair (and then leaving it straight for about 2-3 days before taking another shower) makes me oilier, and I think I look a lot prettier with my hair curly and up in a ponytail.

On the other hand, I won't be able to hide my face and I don't know how I'll be able to deal with that considering VERY few people in my school have acne. (There's probably 3 of us in my entire grade.)

What do you think? Less makeup and curly - or stick to my normal routine? :think:

i used to have the same deliemma with my hair/acne. i always wanted to wear my hair up but was self conscious about my acne and i didnt want my makeup to look obvious so i always wore my hair down. now that my skin is 99% clear, i still dont wear my hair up! haha i guess i just look better with it down. do what you feel comfortable with! i think keeping my hair out of my face helps keep me from breaking out.

Wear it up if you can! serendipity is so right, if you can bring yourself to wear it up even if you feel a bit uncomfortable, it only gets easier. I so relate to that though-- I sometimes get pimples sort of behind my ears and when it's like that I can never bring myself to wear my hair up, even though I like it better that way. Plus when it's down I have to put product in it which breaks me out even more, and so on....

I know how you feel. I don't care for my hair up usually, but when I want to- I feel self conscious about my skin. It's getting better though so hopefully by summer I will be wearing my hair up (I like to wear it up when it's hot...hair on my face or back makes me feel yucky when I am sweating). :)

So I agree, wear it up if you like it...the oil on your hair can't be good for your skin.

Wells what do u mean by wear your hair up like a pony tail or bun?? Anways you could part your hair that style is really cute... just take the top of your hair farther away from your bangs on top of your head and then part it into a mini pony tail so than u have some hair covering your acne...if u have side bangs that would be totally kawaii <3

Hope i helped!!

Wells what do u mean by wear your hair up like a pony tail or bun?? Anways you could part your hair that style is really cute... just take the top of your hair farther away from your bangs on top of your head and then part it into a mini pony tail so than u have some hair covering your acne...if u have side bangs that would be totally kawaii <3

Hope i helped!!

That won't actually cover my acne so... Yeah. And my hair's already parted to the side. Thanks for trying though!

I've made an appointment to get my hair layered a lot more so I can wear it curly and down. Like a happy medium :]

Hope i helped!!

That won't actually cover my acne so... Yeah. And my hair's already parted to the side. Thanks for trying though!

I've made an appointment to get my hair layered a lot more so I can wear it curly and down. Like a happy medium :]

Aww,darn i dont know any more hairstyles that cover the face,sorry :[

Oh em gee that sounds sooo cute <3

I always have my hair like a happy medium haha!!