Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MonarchX

How ot make scabs heal faster???

I had some odd comedones on my back (like 10) that would not exfoliate or respond to any treatment. Since there were so few I decided to just get rid of them physically. So, I sort of scratched them off and ripped off top skin layer while doing so. New acne is not showing up but ah...the red marks/scabs are just nasty looking. They heal FOREVER. I mean it takes like months to get rid of them. Is there any way to make them heal faster? I tried applying Hydrocortisone but that did not help much. I do know that moisturizer make it heal longer. When my skin is drier these scabs fall faster, but if I moisturize then they stay on for even longer. What should I try? Aspirin mask? I am not sure how to make it hold on my back during the day or night...

I have had super awesome luck using Natural Beauty soap. It has 2 whole ingredients in it and it has a good ph. Allantoin and Vit E. The Allantoin is good for helping cell turn over. I get it at the Vitamin Shoppe. I use this soap and a light daily lotion. It says you shouldn't need to use lotion though.

Guest CJC1992
I had some odd comedones on my back (like 10) that would not exfoliate or respond to any treatment. Since there were so few I decided to just get rid of them physically. So, I sort of scratched them off and ripped off top skin layer while doing so. New acne is not showing up but ah...the red marks/scabs are just nasty looking. They heal FOREVER. I mean it takes like months to get rid of them. Is there any way to make them heal faster? I tried applying Hydrocortisone but that did not help much. I do know that moisturizer make it heal longer. When my skin is drier these scabs fall faster, but if I moisturize then they stay on for even longer. What should I try? Aspirin mask? I am not sure how to make it hold on my back during the day or night...

Sudocrem works a treat!

vitamin E oil :)

oh! and aleo vera is amazing! nothing beats the plant, if you can get ahold of the plant and slice it open and dabb it on- amazing!

Put Neosporine before bed directly on the spot then cover it with a bandage to prevent it from getting onto your sheets as you sleep. Also, if you don't use a band-aid, it will not stay on and heal the scab as quickly.

Guest davidtheskinking

There are many herbs that help heal the skin well...

Try gravoila, recovazon, sangre de drago, neem...

These all help heal the skin.

Also, get enzymes in your diet... I'm learning more about this now actually.

Specific enzymes work to heal scars on the skin and if you don't have them in your body through diet then they just won't heal because the enzymes break the scars apart from what I understand.

Drink a lot of water, get a lot of nutrition and use things that heal the skin and rejuvinate it.

Hope this helps,