Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

the frickin dermatologist prescribes freakin creams and gels to apply to your face when you've frickin told her it hasn't worked in the past. First off the face cleanser she has told me to get sucks too...i have a frickin allergy from it. And as for the creams and gels--it doesn't do shit but make my skin flakey! i cannot apply my powder or foundation...i look so gross! people are like.."you skin is peeling" um yeah i get it!

Mrs C, I know what you mean about the derm's... They never listen, It took too long before I was on accutane.. I used to have all the arguments under the sun with him until he finally gave up.. I guess they're just trying to be safe.

the frickin dermatologist prescribes freakin creams and gels to apply to your face when you've frickin told her it hasn't worked in the past. First off the face cleanser she has told me to get sucks too...i have a frickin allergy from it. And as for the creams and gels--it doesn't do shit but make my skin flakey! i cannot apply my powder or foundation...i look so gross! people are like.."you skin is peeling" um yeah i get it!

aww thanks for understanding :) i was on accutane before and my skin got super clear...UNTIL my hair started falling out! like intensely..i was afraid to get bald so i stopped...then after 6 months it came back :-( maybe i'll try going on it again but a less dose?

yes this is very frustrating, I still dont really understand why they feel the need to perscribe something that hasnt worked in the past. If it didnt work in the past then it is more than likely that it wont work this time. Maybe they are trying to be safe but it seems there is a thin line betwwen safe and stupid.

Really? The only thing that happend to me on accutane was dry lips... Nothing else. Guess I handled it pretty well considering I went over dose because I hated acne so much haha.. (Wouldn't suggest it) . I thank accutane for who I am today, the success rate is so good and if it fails, my derm' told me they could prescribe a second cycle and with each cyle the chance increases.. I luckily went on one, brother had to go on two.. To be honest, It probably just me but I'd way rather have minor scarring than acne.

you're sooo lucky you're on accutane! I LOVED IT! your skin is going to be flawless :)

loochi, my sister went on accutane too ..the second cycle and it was perfectly fine for her! i feel so sad :-(

It's beyond me why guys still like me...i'm thinking...are you blind lol

Hehe.. I've been on accutane what.. 2005? Long time ago. 6 months hehe.. That's great to hear about your sistor man.. What sucks is, society expects you girls to be ultra flawless lol. So I guess for me it's SORTA ok..

It's beyond you why guys still like you? Maybe because acne doesn't MAKE you ugly.. It's jus something that's unnecessary there.. I saw a girl at the burger place about a year ago with a shaved head and a bit of acne, I found her rather attractive.. I mean, OFCOURSE would be 2x better with longer hair/no acne but yeah.. I don't think acne is gonna make you ugly.. You'd be surprised how good you look I'd say..

I rememeber the first girl I ever got with my face was so bad that I didn't even bother trying.. She didn't say nothing about it and she was rather attractive.

I know dermatologist have a bad habit of ignoring their patients concerns. It's all about your approach. I don't know if you have done this, but politely tell your derm that those particular face washes and cleansers haven't worked for you. Be sure to mention that you're allergic to that face cleanser. I agree with Lochi. I think they're just going down the list of acne products to prescribe, which can be very frustrating! So yes, I understand your rant Mrs. Cowell!

uhhh... I totally know what you mean! My first derm prescribed my diffrin twice in a role, the exact same type! I checked, no higher medication in it or anything! It made me soo mad, especially since I repeatedly told her that it did not work :evil:

So I dropped her and got a new derm! My new derm is soo awesome, I couldn't have asked for a better one:)

This has happened to me too. I tell them what I was using before and they prescribe me the same thing again. Once I told the derm. how I'm really allergic to BP and they prescribed me an even stronger BP.

This has happened to me too. I tell them what I was using before and they prescribe me the same thing again. Once I told the derm. how I'm really allergic to BP and they prescribed me an even stronger BP.

:lol:

not to laugh at your misfortunes but I just like to laugh at how oblivious some people are